cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Store Closing 2022) After 10+ Years Selling on eBay. I'll Cover the Termination Fee, Not Waiting..

Actually, I've been selling on eBay for more than 20 years through two accounts. Over this time eBay has continued to take advantage, drip-drip.. The last-straw for us was the eBay PL Pay-to-Play scam, not a drip-drip, more like wave-wave.

eBay has lost (half) of it's market value this year, in turn, this platform is covering the core growth losses by going after sellers with said Pay-to-Play. All of this while selling expenses are already at their highest for sellers. 

The net return isn't worth all the trouble anymore. I'm one of the lucky ones, I can afford to walk away. Good luck fellow sellers.   

Message 1 of 135
latest reply
134 REPLIES 134

Re: (Store Closing 2022) After 10+ Years Selling on eBay. I'll Cover the Termination Fee, Not Waitin

I just can't wait for the pay per click to take off here...😂

It is truly amazing what people come up with BUT, I guess it's their job to bring in the most revenue for their site.

I just hope that they don't kill the goose (or geese in this instance).

Clickity-click-click-Clickity-click-click-Clickity-click-click-Clickity-click-click-Clickity-click-click-Clickity-click-click-

Message 61 of 135
latest reply

Re: (Store Closing 2022) After 10+ Years Selling on eBay. I'll Cover the Termination Fee, Not Waitin

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Just like the OP, has a Dremel 29-01 (used) listed, click it and there his is one of the highest priced units at $26.95. There are others that are $10-$20 shipped.   Promotions is not causing his items not to be seen or bought. Pricing is. 

It happens with every single one of these people who blame Ebay and say they are quitting.

Message 62 of 135
latest reply

@radom_stuff wrote:

You can't even search by price anymore so what are you talking about? If you haven't noticed that I don't know what to tell you.

@radom_stuff   What ebay are you using that you cannot search by price ?

Message 63 of 135
latest reply

@fairdeal*lb wrote:

It wasn't very clever of @stainlessenginecovers going after a seller with false accusations of poor sales strategies.

@fairdeal*lb 

I'll bite. Checked randomly at your Rigid 14" pipe wrench. 82 people selling theirs cheaper than you.

Message 64 of 135
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@fairdeal*lb wrote:

It wasn't very clever of @stainlessenginecovers going after a seller with false accusations of poor sales strategies.

@fairdeal*lb 

I'll bite. Checked randomly at your Rigid 14" pipe wrench. 82 people selling theirs cheaper than you.

We already addressed this, (new listing) was a Front-Loaded price, in queue for 50% discount.

Message 65 of 135
latest reply

@fairdeal*lb wrote:

We already addressed this, (new listing) was a Front-Loaded price, in queue for 50% discount.

Nope, checked again no 50% discount. If I use BIN right now I will pay $38.65. Higher than many other sellers.

Message 66 of 135
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

@fairdeal*lb wrote:

this platform is covering the core growth losses by going after sellers with said Pay-to-Play.

This is absolutely true.

You just have to be smarter than your competition so you don't have to rely on shredding your own profit to get to the top.

Yes, every single word in your post is factually true.. Choosing this path of Pay-to-Play over merit based competition is a disservice to both sellers and buyers.

Their sandbox and their right. We all have a choice, I choose to leave. It's only going to worse from here on this platform, in my eyes. 

Message 67 of 135
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@fairdeal*lb wrote:

Nope, checked again no 50% discount. If I use BIN right now I will pay $38.65. Higher than many other sellers.

You really don't understand how it works do you? Higher frontload, in turn, when the sale kicks in, the item will have the best price relative to similar items. You should read the thread before typing. Not a good look     

Message 68 of 135
latest reply

This thread has been hijacked by that allegiance group. Good luck everybody   

Message 69 of 135
latest reply

Yes - curious minds (mitoo) want to know!

Consignment auction house. 

Message 70 of 135
latest reply

But the sale will not kick in when you are asking more than all your competitors, you really do not understand how things work and should read up before responding.

Message 71 of 135
latest reply

Ebay going bye-bye will only happen if people stop 'buying things online'. 

Just like the OP, has a Dremel 29-01 (used) listed, click it and there his is one of the highest priced units at $26.95. There are others that are $10-$20 shipped, shown right on their own listing. 

Also note- when I input 'Dremel 29-01' there are about 60 shown, and his is first. I don't see any of them showing 'sponsored' anymore (maybe eBay eliminated that?) but when clicking his item, there are 'other sponsored' which is where you can see 5 listed all lower priced. 

Promotions is not causing his items not to be seen or bought. Pricing is. 

$24 at Home Depot, $23 at Ace Hardware and either are less than 2 miles from my house and I can have it almost immediately. 

Message 72 of 135
latest reply

Just checked another one since you posted about the dremel. There are 68 blooming onion machines, the OP's is the 4rth highest priced one.

Message 73 of 135
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@fairdeal*lb   

If enough long-time successful Sellers leave and close their accounts "maybe" someone at Home Office will notice and figure they messed up royally and need to change things ... time will tell.

Mr. L

@mr_lincoln nice thought, however, a very large portion of those long-time successful sellers are already gone from here. Another large portion of those are still here but not committing any serious inventory to the platform anymore. Another fractional portion of those and gearing themselves as we speak to leave the platform. And the last remaining portion will try to fill some of those voids and either make a new success or crash and burn. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 74 of 135
latest reply

I certainly don't blame you. I used to have a store and sold lots of stuff with auctions and buy-it-now.

This site is pathetic now and I only hang around because there are no good alternatives. With the pay-to-play model, eBay is going to turn into Bonanza, Ebid and Webstore - absolutely worthless and dead. 

Good luck to you. 

Message 75 of 135
latest reply