cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still can not verify bank info for managed payments!

I wasn't completely against managed payments but I'm seriously stressing and about to pull my hair out.

I sent my bank information for the bank account I have used for years and after a few attempts to upload documents, verify identity, etc. Ebay said it was not supported. So I opened a new bank account specifically for managed payments. Again Ebay couldn't verify the bank info even after uploading the requested documents. I couldn't even sign into my bank and do it that way. Once I put in my bank username and password I was asked to verify my identity by text but the phone numbers listed are not mine and is definitely not the phone number linked to my bank account. I double checked. I called the bank but they say they can't help. Go figure. So I opened another account and of coarse, Ebay can't verify that info either. In the last two months I have uploaded multiple bank statements and direct deposit forms, opened two new bank accounts and have contacted Ebay and my bank several times with no help.  An Ebay rep told me not to worry about it until managed payments was active. Then apparently I could change my bank information but what if it still doesn't work? And Why do I keep getting notifications telling me to update my bank info now?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Still can not verify bank info for managed payments!

I was in the same boat back in July, and it is starting up again.  It isn't fun since eBay sucks at giving answers.  My personal choice is to just sit and wait till their empty threats get some meat on them.

Also if you haven't already be sure to change your online banking password to be safe.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

I recently changed the password and username because of all of this. I actually just got through to my bank. Apparently CS is open 24/7. They said when I'm logging in to my bank on the Ebay site, the first word on my username may be automatically capitalized. She said this may be why the phone numbers that are coming up don't belong to me. I didn't even think to make sure the first word of my username wasn't capitalized. Now I can't go in and try again to see if this was the issue since Ebay isn't giving me the option now to change or verify bank info. That message at the top of the seller hub keeps coming and going. I can't wait til this is all over. The sad part is I have two Ebay accounts so I guess soon I will have to do it all over again. 

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Hi,

Just wanted to give my $.02. 

I got an online bank account (Chime) and everything is easy and fast with managed payments.

Sorry you're having so much trouble.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Sorry for all the trouble you been through, I was worried that my funds not going to my bank account, but its show up just this morning, one thing I like Manage Payment and dislike is at least you get your money in full without paying fee after final fee and as for dislike you have to wait 3-4 days to receive your funds.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Hello! Did you have to wait until you activated your Chime card for it to work? I signed up for Chime and unfortunately, the bank verification through eBay is still not working. Chime has already given me the account # and routing # but I'm still waiting to receive my card in the mail to activate it. So I was hoping this might be the reason. Thanks in advance for for your input! 

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

I struggled setting up my management account. I finally got mine going after 6 times sending in the same exact thing lol. Now I have the issue of ebay holding the money to where I cannot pay the bill or send products to the customers. So I don't know how I feel about it. Seems way easier on some things but getting the money to pay things it's horrible.  

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Your problem is just what we worry about now...at least two phone calls (for a total of nearly 4 hours), numerous emails back and forth...tried everything they suggested I do and STILL can NOT correct a WRONG (last 4 digits) of my bank account number...we've been selling for nearly 16 years or more and THIS is just plain UNforgivable.  On the page where it shows your bank account info, there is NO edit button showing on ours.  Only other option is to "delete".  Guess I have to give up selling for a while til they can correct their problem.....

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

can you delete the incorrect bank acct # and put in a "new" one that is correct?

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Are you sure your name registered with ebay exactly matches your name on your bank account?  That was my problem.  I had to add my middle initial along with my first name into the space provided by ebay for my first name (there was no spot for a middle initial) and my bank had my middle initial.   After doing that, it went through just fine.  Example:  John P -- enter in spot for first name.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Well I can't help much to decipher what is wrong but I can advise not to go into MP without having the problem solved, because then the pressure ratchets up very fast, with firm deadlines for funds withheld, then shortly thereafter threats to cancel your selling privileges! Not fun!

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I’m having the same problem. I initially use my main bank account for manage payments. But then I thought about it and wanted to separate it and put it in a second bank account instead. Every time I try to go in to verify the original bank account, the system says that the account number is incorrect. It’s driving me crazy. It doesn’t help that there’s no customer service people to talk to and no real human behind the chat feature. EBay is pretty much horrible now.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I am having the same problem, going crazy because the ebay help page says to "edit" the checking account information however I cannot find any "edit" button.  I tried to enter the information as another account but it would not accept the new data and had a message that included the bad data from the first account.  Trying to call customer support it says 2 minute wait time and it's been 10 minutes, I'm guessing they are not going to answer and they are holding my money which now cannot be deposited anywhere.  If this is not resolved soon it will end my ebay selling.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

You know, it sounds like they used the same programmers that were used to set up Obamacare!

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@shopkiger wrote:

I wasn't completely against managed payments but I'm seriously stressing and about to pull my hair out.

I sent my bank information for the bank account I have used for years and after a few attempts to upload documents, verify identity, etc. Ebay said it was not supported. So I opened a new bank account specifically for managed payments. Again Ebay couldn't verify the bank info even after uploading the requested documents. I couldn't even sign into my bank and do it that way. Once I put in my bank username and password I was asked to verify my identity by text but the phone numbers listed are not mine and is definitely not the phone number linked to my bank account. I double checked. I called the bank but they say they can't help. Go figure. So I opened another account and of coarse, Ebay can't verify that info either. In the last two months I have uploaded multiple bank statements and direct deposit forms, opened two new bank accounts and have contacted Ebay and my bank several times with no help.  An Ebay rep told me not to worry about it until managed payments was active. Then apparently I could change my bank information but what if it still doesn't work? And Why do I keep getting notifications telling me to update my bank info now?

I am in a similar boat as you. What I did after eight days of not being approved is I used the chat option and contacted eBay. I got a response and an email afterwards. I then replied to that email and managed to get my documents officially approved. I was told that now I have to wait for final entry to MP. I still have all of my money flowing into PP as before and haven't lost a dime. It's now been four weeks since this began so technically I am approved for MP yet still being paid via PP. 

I was also told there is a major glitch in the approval process that rejects unfairly the majority of folks applying. Supposedly they are aware and working on it....

Message 15 of 28
latest reply