cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something new has been addled.

So in checking one of my sales I noticed this new link in the bottom left of my picture. And, yes, it is an active clickable link.

similar.jpg

This is, of course, in addition to the multitudinous promoted ads that already populate my listings.

WILL THIS SABOTAGE NEVER END !!!!!!!

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Something new has been addled.

Yeah, someone mentioned it before.

Not a fan.

Message 2 of 66
latest reply

Ebay is testing all kinds of different things on our listing page presentations for the last few months.  They haven't landed on the one they will roll out for everyone yet.  It is my hope that this feature will go POOF pretty soon.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 66
latest reply

As the kids would say - SMH

Message 4 of 66
latest reply

I'm not afraid of my competition.

Message 5 of 66
latest reply

@hartungcards It has nothing to do with your competition, and everything to do with the average buyer. 

Message 6 of 66
latest reply

OK - I'm not afraid of the average buyer seeing what my competition has.  Better?

Message 7 of 66
latest reply

@hartungcards I would not be afraid of your competition either.   From what i have seen- this feature just randomly pics promoted listings from roughly the same category... or not. Most likely the relevance of what will be shown will not take sales away.......but the distraction and and the friction to what would have been likely a simple sale us unwelcome to most sellers.  Ebay is trying to manipulate the buyers into buying promoted listings instead og organic listings.   They are cluttering up the buyer experience and overall making it annoying to shop here. Nobody wants to be inundated with irrelevant items.  ebay is driving down conversion on the platform in lieu of less sales but more PL sales.  This is bad for everyone- including ebay long term as they irritate buyers and sellers alike. 

Message 8 of 66
latest reply

Competition is good for everyone.

Message 9 of 66
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

WILL THIS SABOTAGE NEVER END !!!!!!!

Only if other sellers have the exact same thing but at a lower price. Otherwise it really should not matter. The world of selling competition throughout the internet has greatly expanded. The good news is if you are competitively priced the one who clicks yours first has the best chance at the sale.

Message 10 of 66
latest reply

@richard1rst 

I first noticed this last month as a buyer shopping for shoes. I posted about it here: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Find-Similar-items-Now-On-Listing-Photos/td-p/33855202 

As a seller, this new "feature" comes and goes from my own listings. I think this is another test eBay is doing for the view item page redesign they have been working on for months. I do not like it at all and hope the test fails to meet eBay's expectations and will be gone for good. 

Message 11 of 66
latest reply

Keep listing complaints here, as well as positive responses. Does anyone really believe that eBay doesn't scan this forum to get real seller reactions to their testing?

Cheers, Duffy

Message 12 of 66
latest reply

I'm pretty sure that "scanning this forum to get real seller reactions to their testing" is about the last thing that anybody from eBay would do, even on a slow day.

Message 13 of 66
latest reply

Looking at the pix provided it seems that one would have to, going forward, have the cheapest, lowest price on eBay to make the sale if viewing similar mugs!

This is awful! Oh my!

Message 14 of 66
latest reply

"Something new has been addled"

-----------

Freudian typo of the week ...

Message 15 of 66
latest reply