cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something new has been addled.

So in checking one of my sales I noticed this new link in the bottom left of my picture. And, yes, it is an active clickable link.

similar.jpg

This is, of course, in addition to the multitudinous promoted ads that already populate my listings.

WILL THIS SABOTAGE NEVER END !!!!!!!

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

@coolections  When they originally searched they already saw all the other mugs and that is why they picked the OP's in the first place.

If  only that were true! Then eBay search would be working and sales wood be great lol. The real problem behind the sales declined are tied to terrible search that does NOT show all the other "mugs".  The algorithms have been set up to severely limit search results and instead push PL. This causes the buyers first search to be awfully irrelevant and and unbelievably unhelpful, driving them off site to find what they wanted. 

Whether it is by design or just a product of unintended consequences of under qualified people..... The result is the same the eBay search is broken. It does not fulfill the needs of buyers or sellers. It does not connect buyers with sellers.... It simple shows us irrelevant unsearched for promoted listings

Message 61 of 66
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

If  only that were true! Then eBay search would be working and sales wood be great lol. The real problem behind the sales declined are tied to terrible search that does NOT show all the other "mugs". 

@siamjane8  That is fine that you are mistaken. I searched the OP's mug and found a whole list of other mugs. Did not even need to go to see other items. They all showed up right there in front of me.

Message 62 of 66
latest reply

@coolections   Excuse me but i was not mistaken....in fact i just did another search for " biker girl  coffee mug". ebay returned 40 results- the OP listing was about 28th on the list ( reasonable since i used girl instead of "babe"  ".    About half of the results were T-shirts, not coffee mugs.  90% of the mugs that were shown, were not really the same style as the OP-but that is ok too.  PROBLEM IS:  when i go on the OP listing there are 8 carousels  of over 100 listings of mugs that are all very similar in design and looks.  This only proves that ebay has the technology to show similar items that are relevant but chooses to keep them hidden from search and only show them as PL to "force' sellers to Pay to Play.

Again- coolections- until you choose use a real account here instead of a "posting account" and prove to us that you are actually a real seller and not just here to put sellers down- we really cannot take your comments seriously

Message 63 of 66
latest reply

@siamjane8   OK, I will help you out since you are not real familiar with how search works. First off typed biker girl mug and all where mugs and only one T-shirt. To remove the annoying t-shirt I clicked on the left side of the page where it says MUG. Give it a try, you will be amazed.

Message 64 of 66
latest reply

@coolections thanks for the help. I did exactly what you said and would and got 66 results. When I went to the left drop-down boxes to select MUGS - it only showed 4…!!!!!

Works great. The left drop-downs only work if sellers add a billion item specifics.

Btw none of them had that cool edgy biker chic look like the OP's listing. 

When you access the PL through the other sellers listing then it shows you many more mugs that are in the same artistic style. 

Again cool- when u can prove that you are an actual seller instead of hiding behind a posting username, and that you actually experience what we do..... Then we can consider what you post. 

Message 65 of 66
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

thanks for the help.  Btw none of them had that cool edgy biker chic look like the OP's listing. 

No problem. I am always here to help people do searches. By they way you would not find the OP's mug because he is not selling a "mug". You would need to type Biker Babe Cup to find his.

Message 66 of 66
latest reply