cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold another local pickup only item and local buyer paid with Paypal.

This will be the third time I've sold this bumper: https://www.ebay.com/itm/152966975425?ViewItem=&item=152966975425&ppid=PPX000600&cnac=US&rsta=en_US(... here on Ebay over the last 2 years. The first two times they also paid with Paypal but were long distance and never came to pick up, so basically I have nothing in the part right now. This last buyer is local but paid with Paypal even though I put in the listing that Paypal is among my accepted payment options except for local pickup. So do I refund the Paypal payment now and tell him cash on pick up? Wait until he contacts me for pick up arraingments and then tell him?

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Why would you cancel? The buyer loses the buyer protection with pick up items.Its not to say he couldnt go back on his cc and make a claim,but thats pretty far fetched. Ive sold several large, expensive pick up only items..one buyer used PP, no problems.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 68
latest reply

He can claim INR saying I never was available for pickup? Not to mention the Paypal fee.

Message 3 of 68
latest reply

He cant claim inr with local pick up only . If you cancel, using out of stock, you will receive a major defect.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 68
latest reply

I'm not cancelling, just refunding payment. He can say I was never available for pick up. Pretty sure there was a post here along those lines recommending not taking PP for local pickup for that reason.

Message 5 of 68
latest reply

Yes I remember that post..saying buyer could use a 'paper trail' claiming the seller wouldnt let him pick up the item. I cant imagine what that 'paper trail' would be...but your item, your decision. this is for the $50 bumper right/

Message 6 of 68
latest reply

Just so you know..any refund thru PP will trigger a defect.

Message 7 of 68
latest reply

Yes

Message 8 of 68
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Just so you know..any refund thru PP will trigger a defect.

Why, buyer didn't follow terms of the listing.

Message 9 of 68
latest reply

Since you have to fly the PP flag with pick up items, PP is also an acceptable means of payment.

Message 10 of 68
latest reply

So do I refund the Paypal payment now and tell him cash on pick up?

Yes.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 11 of 68
latest reply

We have strict rules about local pick up.  eBay demands that the buyer pay cash on pick up.   Always follow the rules.

Message 12 of 68
latest reply

You were offering PayPal as an acceptable method of payment. 

Message 13 of 68
latest reply

For those planning on arguing:

If you accecpt PayPal-you must have proof of delivery. Local pick up does not have that.

Message 14 of 68
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

You were offering PayPal as an acceptable method of payment. 

EXCEPT for local pick up.

Message 15 of 68
latest reply