cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Items Getting Relisted by eBay

@brites7214  wrote;

As soon as an item sells, I see it up again,  the problem is I only had one of it.  Can anyone help me with this, what do i do,  calling for help is useless and a wast of time, any suggestions,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello @brites7214  I'm seeing a lot of these reports here at Community Boards and many are from seasoned Sellers.  Those that do call for help are usually told that it's a glitch.  This appears to have been going on for a very long time, so I'm copying @brian_burke_99  "The Seller Evangelist" so he can hopefully preach some sense into the System Design Team to fix these problems.

Hope this gets resolved for you and the many others reporting it!

alan@ebay 

brian.t@ebay 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sold Items Getting Relisted by eBay

This happened to us.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It doesn't happen to everyone..........without specific item #'s, methods of relisting.............no way to tell whether relisted accidentally  or a glitch........

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

no way to tell whether relisted accidentally  or a glitch........

Just taking a guess.  If a seller uses the "out of stock option" with the new GTC program, it seemingly applies to ALL the items even if there was originally only a quantity of ONE that will never be replenished.  When the 30 days is up, it rolls over waiting for "restocking" of the merchandise???  Not sure if these "out of stock" items are visible to buyers or not. 

Some sellers have requested to select the out of stock option for individual listings, but it is all or none. 

Again, just speculation on my part. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I've had this problem sporadically for years. And it has nothing to do with multiple quantities resetting. Everything it's happened to me on, was a single, one-of-a-kind item.  Found this useful tool:

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

I have found duplicate listings for the same item - sometimes when I revise an item, the revised listing will show up, and so will the original listing.  And sometimes, a listing just shows up twice, don't know how. I'm assuming it's a glitch, but maybe it's something I did. So, when one sells, the other listing remains, thereby causing a problem.  Use the above tool, takes just a few seconds. I check about once a week. It will prevent some accidents.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

no way to tell whether relisted accidentally  or a glitch........

Just taking a guess.  If a seller uses the "out of stock option" with the new GTC program, it seemingly applies to ALL the items even if there was originally only a quantity of ONE that will never be replenished.  When the 30 days is up, it rolls over waiting for "restocking" of the merchandise???  Not sure if these "out of stock" items are visible to buyers or not. 

Some sellers have requested to select the out of stock option for individual listings, but it is all or none. 

Again, just speculation on my part. 

Out of stock active listings are not visible to buyers. 

Also since this is being reported frequently since the GTC change, I think these sellers who are reporting this now must have at some point clicked into the program at some point in the last few years not fully understanding and never opted back out?  So now that they have GTC listings they are seeing the actions of the features.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Here are a couple of good Ecommercebytes articles on OOS being an "all or nothing" option and how that works (or doesn't work) with GTC.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2019/03/05/tool-helps-sellers-calculate-impact-of-ebay-gtc-policy/

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/comments/2019/3/1553198645.html
Message 7 of 7
latest reply