cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So you want to quit eBay and sell on Amazon...

Before you give into your desire to jump the fence for greener pastures, read this article...  Thought you might want to be well informed prior to making emotionally charged business decisions.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/19/18140799/amazon-marketplace-scams-seller-court-appeal-reinstatem...

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: So you want to quit eBay and sell on Amazon...

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

My last 300 sales there and not one feedback. Not even one  Customers there Do not leave feedback unless it's neg. And auto pricers will kill you. Goodwill for example has auto pricers that go one cent less. You can't even math there price. If you do, within five seconds there 1 cent less. Many others doing this too. It's a race to the bottom. They will eat you alive. One or two negs and your out. One or two returns and your out. (Small sellers) 

Hmmmm, what happens when both of you have auto pricers?  What happens when it gets to $0.00?  Smiley Wink

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 46 of 57
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

My last 300 sales there and not one feedback. Not even one  Customers there Do not leave feedback unless it's neg. And auto pricers will kill you. Goodwill for example has auto pricers that go one cent less. You can't even math there price. If you do, within five seconds there 1 cent less. Many others doing this too. It's a race to the bottom. They will eat you alive. One or two negs and your out. One or two returns and your out. (Small sellers) 

Hmmmm, what happens when both of you have auto pricers?  What happens when it gets to $0.00?  Smiley Wink

If they don't have minimum limits set up this could happen.

An easy way to test is drop your price a bit for a couple minutes then bring it back up 😛

Of course don't drop it to a level where you'll have huge losses... but enough to see if the competitor has set up their limits properly, of course.

This will hurt their margins if you want to compete in that way, but if we look at it from a data perspective, them having much lower prices might inadvertently give them a huge boost in impressions/visibility. So do this at your own risk.

With that said, pricing battles are going to be an issue on any marketplace. This isn't an eBay specific thing. The eBay specific part is you are expected to do sponsorships on top of this.

The other issue on eBay is "Make an Offer". This makes it impossible for manufacturers to enforce MAP (minimum pricing requirements). They could easily just take an offer below MAP price and leave no evidence for the manufacturers marketing teams. This is one reason some manufacturer's don't allow their items to be sold on eBay anymore. 

Message 47 of 57
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

The listings automatically implode?Smiley Very HappySmiley Winkinnocent

Message 48 of 57
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

The listings automatically implode?Smiley Very HappySmiley Winkinnocent

Saves someone from having to make a Best Offer?  With free shipping?Smiley Very HappySmiley Winkinnocent

Message 49 of 57
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Yep.

If there's one company I'd love to see implode it's Amazon.  Why people find that place so appealing I've never been able to figure out.

Thankfully you'll never get your wish.

Message 50 of 57
latest reply

Should someone have deep pockets, and/or maybe a perverse sense of humor, they could cause the other person/company to regret using auto pricing.  Smiley Surprised 

It might be interesting to see the outcome of such an event, however it probably won't happen in my lifetime.  Smiley Sad

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 51 of 57
latest reply

What is "the River" people keep talking about? 

Message 52 of 57
latest reply

@edfurber 

Amazon..........

Message 53 of 57
latest reply

@clu3    

@clu3 wrote:
Amazon is the next Walmart of business and job killing.
I go out of my way to AVOID buying from them if at all possible.

SAME! I go out of my way to avoid buying from Amazon. I used to buy a few thing from them but not for several years and never again.

it's so sad to me that people don't get just how bad the environment is now and how you can help by NOT buying more mass produced junk that is polluting our world.  

There is plenty of stuff available that is already made - we don't need more made!! ... buy it second hand on ebay, thrift stores, flea markets, craigslist....STOP BUYING NEW PLASTIC MASS PRODUCED JUNK. please. 

and stop buying Cheap Fast Fashion. do some research and see what it's doing to the planet. it will make you sick.

if people were more conscious, Ebay should be crazy busy night and day with everyone buying second hand. everyone!  Ebay should ONLY promote pre-owned items 

Message 54 of 57
latest reply

I agree with your post and wish others would consider that. The BIG PROBLEM I AM HAVING WITH EBAY though is that they allow sellers to advertise their listings as in US when they are in China. This is terrible. I pay more for the same item if it is in United States because it is faster and the money stays here. I have emailed Ebay several times and they will not even acknowledge what I am saying. Now they have extended shipping time allowance which would be fine during a Pandemic unless listing states item in FLA. but you can clearly see that it is in China and taking 4 times longer than originally stated. I look up where item is located every time bit they lie and you do not find out till way latter after it doesn't arrive and bogus tracking number to "shipping partner" only to hear that USPS has lost package. If that were true you would be able to follow the tracking on the Post Office website. I am considering not buying on Ebay for these reasons. Ebay could just make them list truthfully and still make money but I guess foreign sellers are more important than American buyers. It is really a shame and I am sad about it.

Message 55 of 57
latest reply

Ebay seem to get worse about having contact every day. It is one thing for them not to take calls anymore due to pandemic but now we are screened to even be able to email them. They are all about allowing sellers from China to lie about selling items located in the United States. They avoid even responding to direct questions about the subject and pretend to overlook what would be impossible to miss.

Message 56 of 57
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 57 of 57
latest reply