cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what do you think of this year's Holiday eBay shipping Supplies?

Personally I was hoping for something tasteful like last year's snowflakes (maybe white with red & green holly or something), not this garish in your face red with shopping carts design.

VERY disappointed we didn't get any of the 'promised' new box sizes like 4" or 6" cubes.

Paper.jpg

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Pretty much the same as you.  And, YES.. need those sizes in cubes too. 

Message 2 of 68
latest reply

Luckily I still have some snowflakes 'stuff' from last year lol

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 68
latest reply

Good idea on the small boxes.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 68
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:

Personally I was hoping for something tasteful like last year's snowflakes (maybe white with red & green holly or something), not this garish in your face red with shopping carts design.

VERY disappointed we didn't get any of the 'promised' new box sizes like 4" or 6" cubes.

Paper.jpg

That's about as underwhelming as the new logo.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 5 of 68
latest reply

I like it myself.  Red it a happy color and is a promenent color during the Holiday season.  But if I have some left over I can use it at other times of the year if I want to.

I did submit a suggestion for some thank you stickers that did NOT have Ebay on them.  I don't think that everything that goes inside the package should have Ebay all over it, there should be some acknowledgement that there really are independent sellers involved.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 68
latest reply

I'm definitely not a fan of that.  I won't use red (or any dark colors) tissue paper even if I got it free.  I fear the possibility of accidental color transfer onto items I'm packing.

I had hoped for a 6 x 6 box.

Message 7 of 68
latest reply

Shopping carts as a Christmas theme is pretty crass.

Message 8 of 68
latest reply

In weekly chat this week, when I inquired about different size boxes and the fact that I had just purchased several boxes from a regular supplier because eBay did not have more sizes...a second response by Doug was that the shipping peeps said I should put eBay stickers on those boxes.

While that comment was hopefully meant to be amusing, it doesn't sound like there are any new size boxes coming anytime soon.   

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 9 of 68
latest reply

Blegh 😞

Presents, yes ... Shopping carts, no 😞

Red, definitely not a good packaging material color ... most reds bleed 😞

I was hoping for different sized boxes too ... smaller cubes (4x4, 6x6) and some wide/shallows (14x14x6, Dinner Plate Sized 😉 )were on my wishlist ... what happened to all of that anyway? They asked us what sizes we wanted and then didn't add ANY 😞 

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 10 of 68
latest reply

Is the coupon for free packing materials for stores available now? I do not know where to check for it. 

Message 11 of 68
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

Is the coupon for free packing materials for stores available now? I do not know where to check for it. 

It's under Store Management >> Subscriber Discounts

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 12 of 68
latest reply

Ebay knows our coupons are for $25 yet prices are such that we either give up part of that $25, or spend more than that $25. 

Coincidence? ahahahahaha.....so ebay. 

Message 13 of 68
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

In weekly chat this week, when I inquired about different size boxes and the fact that I had just purchased several boxes from a regular supplier because eBay did not have more sizes...a second response by Doug was that the shipping peeps said I should put eBay stickers on those boxes.

I'm using eBay Stickers to cover up the Amazon Logo on the boxes I receive, (and reuse) from my purchases thru them. When the search function on eBay fails me miserably (which happens A LOT) ... I buy from Amazon. Sorry, I don't have time to play eBay's "this is what we think you should buy" game.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 14 of 68
latest reply

Ebay is never going to supply stickers or packing material that doesn't have an ebay logo.  

I don't know of many companies that will do that.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 15 of 68
latest reply