cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So tired of time wasters

Message from potential buyer 3 days ago asking for additional photos from every possible angle of a jean currently for sale, photos taken, uploaded, resized and sent, 2nd message same day, am i firm on the price ? a $69.50 jean at $24.99 yes i'm firm on the price.

Since then nothing, if you want to negotiate on price say so straight away, you would of got the same answer, don't ask for all these additional photos if price is a sticking point for you, absolute waste of my time. Christ how much of a bargain do they want ?

Just ask all and any questions at the same time, would save me the trouble of sending you something you are not happy at the price they are !

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

So tired of time wasters

Had one come back after 5 days and buy, so sometimes not a waste........

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

So tired of time wasters

Possible but doubtful, point being ask about price firstly and go from there then you know if they are still open to purchasing.
I'll post if it happens but not holding my breath.
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

So tired of time wasters

I know people are wasting time when they ask stupid questions like "Do you have more photos", when there's already a bunch. 2 weeks ago a buyer asked me if I could take photos of the underside of a game disk. My answer was no. They then asked if it was in working condition. I then told them to go back and read the listing, what does it say? Obviously the game works, the listing states it does, the buyer is obviously playing games.

The buyers who ask a million questions are the broke ones who can't afford to buy, so they run their mouths wasting sellers time. The ones who have a pocket full of money just buy and never complain. ebay should do its sellers a favor and get rid of all the trailer trash buyers who return everything and ask a million questions and never buy.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

So tired of time wasters

But these are the buyers ebay said they wanted - "those with more time than money"
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

So tired of time wasters

I feel your frustration, i have no problem providing additional information / photos not already included but price is the first thing you should be sure about, don't ask me for anything else unless the price advertised is good for you, taking these additional photos is time consuming, download, resize, upload, send etc. Ridiculous questions concerning what size, material, origin all get ignored, if you cannot read you cannot buy, BBL

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

So tired of time wasters

Welcome to the wonderful world of retail.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

So tired of time wasters

buy something, get it, see that it doesn't work. contact seller. wait for response. return. wait for seller. get refund. repeat.

That's the real time waster.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

So tired of time wasters

I had a buyer asking me how long the Hairagami when you extend it. I obliged, grabbed the measuring tape, 10". I sent the information to her. Crickets. 5 minutes of my life wasted. Smiley Very Happy

Another one wanted to know how many pages on a Tektronix manual. Another 15 minutes wasted. Smiley Mad

latest reply

So tired of time wasters

@jason_incognito wrote:

buy something, get it, see that it doesn't work. contact seller. wait for response. return. wait for seller. get refund. repeat.

That's the real time waster.

Maybe buying online is not for you.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

So tired of time wasters

Its a rare event I ever have a seller try and rip me off or sell something not as described. I spent well over $1,500 this year so far on game lots n such, and only one purchase was not as the seller described, the rest were all good. Sellers don't waste my time, buyers do.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

So tired of time wasters

if buyers waste your time, perhaps you don't have the right descriptions? Otherwise, it comes with the teritory and if you don't want to answer them, don't. I'm sure others will gladly take the sales.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

So tired of time wasters

@escuintla 

Were you able to add the information to the listing?

If the customer decides that the item as described does not fit their needs, they move on , usually without a thanks but no thanks.

But the next customer might want the same information and appreciate that it is already there.

Always add new pictures or information to the existing listing.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

So tired of time wasters

@reallynicestamps wrote:

@escuintla 

Were you able to add the information to the listing?

If the customer decides that the item as described does not fit their needs, they move on , usually without a thanks but no thanks.

But the next customer might want the same information and appreciate that it is already there.

Always add new pictures or information to the existing listing.

@reallynicestamps 

You are right!

I am going to add the measurements to the description of the item.

Thanks!

latest reply

So tired of time wasters

Sometimes the truth hurts.  You are so right.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply