cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow sales is this caused by another glitch

Hi there

I am have Slow sales is this caused by another glitch, as this is not normal.

I am starting to wonder if its worth carrying on.

The sales i am doing is not normal, not for any time of year, especially this time of year.

Is anyone else having the same, or could put some light on why it's so slow.

thanks toni

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Slow sales is this caused by another glitch

@tobrown65   What do you sell?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 47
latest reply

hi there

Stones, sterling silver, handcrafted items and bits and bobs of other things.

But i have been selling on Ebay for years and this is super quiet.

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Not sure what happened as sales were great until 11/20/2019. We experienced our first day in ages with zero sales....then another day which is certainly not normal. We sell a vast variety of brand new, brand name items and have not changed any of our selling practices. We have excellent ratings and service metrics. While this raises a little concern, there is no need to panic just yet. We are utilizing the extra time to create new listings enhance our current listings to ensure they provide optimal results when normality returns.

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

'We experienced our first day in ages with zero sales....then another day which is certainly not normal.'

as you said i am not panicking just yet. But i am wondering is this caused by a glitch or something else.

This is not normal for us and by the sound of it you.

thanks Toni

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Ebay needs to be more transparent as to why sales are so bad before they lose more sellers. I know they are getting a lot less money from me every month. If this slump continues their next earnings report will be worse than the last one.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

Same problem. 

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Something is wrong, I wish I knew what it was. I'm jumping through every hoop but it's not helping much.
With so many people in the same boat it seems like there would be some explanation but I cannot find one.
My traffic seems to be good.  I'm getting watchers. People just do not seem to be spending money.

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

I sell auto parts- custom for car shows. Typically bad weather east of the Mississippi as well as this time of year is slow. Had a great week this week ($2200, 14 sales) vs. $1400 & 10 sales the week before. October was up 15% from last year.

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

I recently started selling on eBay (two months ago) and even though I have doubled my number of listings, this is the worst weekend I had since beginning to sell.

I have also noticed some really crazy things showing in the Global Shipping Program. If I recall correctly, offers would show ship to address to be KY. Now it shows the actual address of the buyer like I am suppose to ship to them instead. I have checked my shipping rules multiple times to ensure it is GSP. 

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Hi, I had great sales up until about the first week of October and once the "glitch" happened my sales went right into the gutter. I too am evaluating whether to continue my business. I have worked hard to assure all my items have the new descriptions but even still my traffic has gone down to almost nothing. I have tried all types of promotions and still nothing. This is highly unusual for this time of year as even during the summer I was doing great. I just have to think advertising on ebay and outside of ebay has just stopped dead. I have not seen it this slow in over a year, so no, it is not just you. 

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

this my exact point we all well most of us seemed to have slumped.

so whats causing it

no money, black Friday coming, sales tax or a glitch.

I even a search on the internet, first Etsy showed first on Google,  then 2 pages on amazon then last but least Ebay so could lack of promoting by Ebay itself.

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

I stopped getting email except for sold items. And questions buyers are asking are not coming into my email account so I have to stay on eBay almost all of the time. This happened at the same time I saw a drop in sales. At this point of the month I should be around $13,000 I am at $8,000 that is a sizable drop. Thankfully my other sales to wholesalers is up to $8,000 from and average of $4000. 

I won't sell on Amazon as it takes to much time to add a product not in their "catalog" and 90% of my laptop and desktops are custom built.

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

i agree. something is terribly wrong... and has been for a good while now....

WE, THE SELLERS, DESERVE AN EXPLANATION!!!

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

I am guessing there is some site glitch we don't know about that could be experiencing. There was an issue with people not being able to pay for stuff recently. Also I think someone posted an article about eBay having problems with google.

On a side note might not hurt to improve your pictures. I didn't look at all your listings but 274112275344 caught my eye. That is a really cool looking geode, but I have the feeling the pictures don't do it justice.
Message 15 of 47
latest reply