cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow sales is this caused by another glitch

Hi there

I am have Slow sales is this caused by another glitch, as this is not normal.

I am starting to wonder if its worth carrying on.

The sales i am doing is not normal, not for any time of year, especially this time of year.

Is anyone else having the same, or could put some light on why it's so slow.

thanks toni

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

@gozmneak wrote:

I stopped getting email except for sold items. And questions buyers are asking are not coming into my email account so I have to stay on eBay almost all of the time. This happened at the same time I saw a drop in sales. At this point of the month I should be around $13,000 I am at $8,000 that is a sizable drop. Thankfully my other sales to wholesalers is up to $8,000 from and average of $4000. 

I won't sell on Amazon as it takes to much time to add a product not in their "catalog" and 90% of my laptop and desktops are custom built.

I have been taking a slight hit this month to my electronics sales so you aren't alone there.

Message 16 of 47
latest reply

We had a good month, so no complaints but about a week ago sales slowed then dropped to zero,  about 4 days now not one sale. Seems to be way things flow, more ons than offs this month.

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

Some states have paypal collecting the sales tax. Maybe when the customers get the item in the cart and they see the added sales tax that was mot there before Nov 1 2019 they are deciding not to make the purchase.

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

hi there

it is showing a pattern for sure, that many of us are experiencing a drop in sales.

it does not seem to matter what product it is.

but there is issues that seem to need to be sorted out for sure, and the fact that my subject was moved to a different board tell that the want this subject moved, so no one can see.

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

Too many patterns (coincidences), just makes you realize how controlling they are or how broken this site is. Or maybe it's a mixture of both.

My last 3 days sales:

Sales graph 3.JPG

Message 20 of 47
latest reply

@monstertoybox 

I buy fairly often on Ebay and have had no problems purchasing. If there is any glitches at all it is definitely not from buyers purchasing items. Buyers rarely ever notice any type of glitch you speak of.

Message 21 of 47
latest reply

What the heck?! I tried to enlarge the image, but nope. So let's try again. Three days exactly $20:

larger.jpg

Message 22 of 47
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@monstertoybox 

I buy fairly often on Ebay and have had no problems purchasing. If there is any glitches at all it is definitely not from buyers purchasing items. Buyers rarely ever notice any type of glitch you speak of.

I've seen a lot of posts from Buyers saying they couldn't pay for their item.  Sellers were also reporting that their Buyers were having technical issues trying to pay for their purchase.

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@monstertoybox 

That is not true. There have been purchasing glitches on this board and the tech board. Here's one example: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Slow-sales-discussion-for-sellers-Nov-2019-Will-we-get-our/m-p.... There's also the glitch on mobile, where you can't go to the next page in a persons store when using the browser: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Where-s-all-the-Cheerleaders/m-p/30391472#M1506913. Those two glitches effect purchasing.

And we all know the search is severely messed up. Along with visibility, is not happening. So buyers may not be aware of these problems, but that doesn't mean they aren't happening.

Message 24 of 47
latest reply

@monstertoybox 

I have not had a single problem paying for any item this whole year and I have purchased many. Most problems with buyers paying is on their end and not Ebay. Your lack of sales is not because buyers cannot pay. As far as the link you posted I would not dare to open it because the rude title for the discussion tells me right off the bat it is just another Ebay hater most likely spamming the boards with conspiracies.

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

@greg5000 wrote:

@coolections wrote:

@monstertoybox 

I've seen a lot of posts from Buyers saying they couldn't pay for their item.  Sellers were also reporting that their Buyers were having technical issues trying to pay for their purchase.

Yes, definitely I have seen them as well.

There was a post recently from a seller saying that their customer wasn't able to find their product by searching and they actually had to contact them: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/REASON-for-October-2019-sales-are-so-POOR/m-p/30360548#M150927...

But, don't get me started on the search issues, we'd be here all night! I could pull up many of those issues. think this (and their AI) are our biggest problems on this site.

Point is there are problems for buyers, finding and purchasing.

Message 26 of 47
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@monstertoybox 

I have not had a single problem paying for any item this whole year and I have purchased many. Most problems with buyers paying is on their end and not Ebay. Your lack of sales is not because buyers cannot pay.

How do you know my lack of sales is not because buyers cannot pay? You can't say unequivocally that you know why my sales are bad. Do you have any proof that nothing is technically wrong with my listings or that my visibility is actually working. You are just guessing, as much as I'm guessing.  But one thing I KNOW is that my sales were never this bad, especially during the holidays. We could depend on this time of year to bring our numbers up, every since we started on Ebay that has been a given. 

Just because you aren't having problems purchasing, doesn't meant the site isn't having problems. Because, obviously there have been people noting issues all over the board.  

Message 27 of 47
latest reply

Sales have tanked for me too, after an OK summer. I had a lot of new listings and auctions on top of the store stuff, and marked some stuff down. I MIGHT get one $10 including shipping sale every couple of days recently, plus many no sales at all days. This is usually one of my better times of the year for sales. Ugh. I wonder if I am going to even sell enough to cover my mid-sized store costs (for the first time ever). 

Message 28 of 47
latest reply

what ebay forgets is the better we do they do on there fees, so wouldn't make sense to see and listen to the sellers.

For example if we are saying our sales are down, either sort any glitches out and promote ebay better.

they have to  spend money to receive money.

Message 29 of 47
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@monstertoybox 

I have not had a single problem paying for any item this whole year and I have purchased many. Most problems with buyers paying is on their end and not Ebay. Your lack of sales is not because buyers cannot pay. As far as the link you posted I would not dare to open it because the rude title for the discussion tells me right off the bat it is just another Ebay hater most likely spamming the boards with conspiracies.

You are very fortunate than because I've read a multitude of threads and posts all over the net about buyers unable to find items or pay for purchases in their carts. I'd be happy to send you links to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram groups and help you set up accts so you can view what others are saying outside of these boards. You'll meet a lot of nice people. I'm sure you may be able to help others out finding their items that they can't find. You seem to have a knack for it - and it can give them some comfort to know their item is visible.

Message 30 of 47
latest reply