cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow, Slow, Slow and then slower......

Sales for me are deader than a doornail. Nothing but crickets. Nada. 4-day dryspell, like the desert. Nothing since January 3rd. 4 days, no sales is a new record for the last 12 months.

Hope things pick up soon or I am gonna have to make a beer run and drown my listing tediousness this afternoon. Until then, I expect I will list a few more, just for good measure.

Nod if you can hear me…… 

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

No sales from any of the 3 venues I sell on and I mean NONE!

Karen

~~ This is not my Seller account ~~
Message 2 of 72
latest reply

Sales are like pulling teeth "Painfully Slow"!

Message 3 of 72
latest reply

All the bills are coming in from Christmas spending.

People are all tapped out.

Message 4 of 72
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

AND they're having to pay for repairs to frozen and busted water pipes, broken furnaces, extra tanks of propane, higher gas bills, higher electricity bills, etc. due to all this miserable frozen weather.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 72
latest reply

Plus folks on the East Coast are freezing.  West Coasters are spending their money on legalized pot.

Holiday bills on their way.     So glad I am easing out of ebay after selling since early 1998.

Message 6 of 72
latest reply

I notice that you sell electrical supplies - have you tried putting notices on Craigslist or electrician newsletters directing folks to your Ebay listings?  My friends grandpa directed folks to his car parts listings (rebuilt transmissions, carburators, etc) from Craigslist and it helped sales alot.

Message 7 of 72
latest reply

So dry, I'm packing up and leaving for the desert.

Message 8 of 72
latest reply

This has become the dead sea. 2 small sales since January 1st.

Message 9 of 72
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

AND they're having to pay for repairs to frozen and busted water pipes, broken furnaces, extra tanks of propane, higher gas bills, higher electricity bills, etc. due to all this miserable frozen weather.

You are so right.  All of my extra money is going to 'living' because of the weather.  Already replaced one water line and running on a generator 75% because of my stock-pile of Propane.  Paying extra to both gas and electric because I don't want heart failure when the new bills come out.

Karen

~~ This is not my Seller account ~~
Message 10 of 72
latest reply

my sales are at a stand still too. 

Message 11 of 72
latest reply

@rixstuff wrote:

I notice that you sell electrical supplies - have you tried putting notices on Craigslist or electrician newsletters directing folks to your Ebay listings?  My friends grandpa directed folks to his car parts listings (rebuilt transmissions, carburators, etc) from Craigslist and it helped sales alot.

Actually I sell mostly structured data cabling supplies. Also known as low voltage, thus could be construed as electrical.  I like the lead you provided as far as redirecting from craig's list.  Thank you.

Message 12 of 72
latest reply

I've only had 3 sales so far this year. It's probably the weather back east.

Message 13 of 72
latest reply

I just made my 20th sale for January which is good for me.  I sell a little of this and a little of that~~mainly replacement parts like lids for pans, cookie press parts, food processor parts, parts for coffee makers, etc..  I don't sell much that would be considered a luxury purchase~~mostly things that are needed.  People can't afford that new small appliance so they can fix or complete their old one from the parts I sell.  I'm not going to get rich but the $$ sure help a lot.

I even mailed 6 on Saturday just in case so I wouldn't have a bunch going to the post office today.  I shipped out 6 more today.  People are buying but if you are selling things they can live without it is probably going to be slow for a while with the weather expenses and tax time coming up as well.

Message 14 of 72
latest reply

@kattinsanity wrote:

I just made my 20th sale for January which is good for me.  I sell a little of this and a little of that~~mainly replacement parts like lids for pans, cookie press parts, food processor parts, parts for coffee makers, etc..  I don't sell much that would be considered a luxury purchase~~mostly things that are needed.  People can't afford that new small appliance so they can fix or complete their old one from the parts I sell.  I'm not going to get rich but the $$ sure help a lot.

I even mailed 6 on Saturday just in case so I wouldn't have a bunch going to the post office today.  I shipped out 6 more today.  People are buying but if you are selling things they can live without it is probably going to be slow for a while with the weather expenses and tax time coming up as well.

And this is the difference between selling necessities and selling wants. You sell necessities, I sell wants. My stuff gets put on the back burner while people are buying necessities. I get that completely. I fully expect sales to be slow/nonexistant at this time of the year, and especially when the weather is bad and people have so many extra expenses.

You have an awesome business model! There is a market for the things you offer, and you take advantage of the market. Very, very smart.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 15 of 72
latest reply