cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow, Slow, Slow and then slower......

Sales for me are deader than a doornail. Nothing but crickets. Nada. 4-day dryspell, like the desert. Nothing since January 3rd. 4 days, no sales is a new record for the last 12 months.

Hope things pick up soon or I am gonna have to make a beer run and drown my listing tediousness this afternoon. Until then, I expect I will list a few more, just for good measure.

Nod if you can hear me…… 

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

I have so admired kat for many years - I wish I was that knowledgeable about things. Way to go Kat!

Message 16 of 72
latest reply

I'm just glad I rent a dumpster to toss the "skeletons" into when I get done stripping off the parts.  I do toss the main units of things into the donation boxes~~someone somewhere may need it but they're too heavy for me to mess with selling and shipping.  The weight takes away the value.

I actually sold the stem for a coffee urn about 2 months ago for $30.00.  You just never know.

Message 17 of 72
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

I have so admired kat for many years - I wish I was that knowledgeable about things. Way to go Kat!

I second that. It's inspiring when you run into a seller with a strong business model, especially if it's one you never thought of.

I am lately steeling myself for tax time when I will get all my numbers crunched for 2017. I expect a decline because of the slow-down in my Ebay business, steep increase in fees on Amazon, and the loss of both inventory sources and free packing supplies.  I'll need to run harder to keep up but I lack a solid game plan.  Lately I haven't even been keeping up with listing here, which does nothing to help.

Message 18 of 72
latest reply

West Coasters are spending their money on legalized pot.

As if drivers do not have enough problems sharing the road with people who drink too much.

Message 19 of 72
latest reply

Just curious - how much is it now? Never bought it myself but did try it in my younger days a few times - it made me too hungry and tired.

Message 20 of 72
latest reply

Broke through the ice with a couple sales today. Tuesday's are usually better, right? 

Message 21 of 72
latest reply

Sounds like it's so quiet, the crickets fell asleep!

Message 22 of 72
latest reply

I think I could sell a few things if I could just get out of my lazy mode and make new listings.. but then, I am retiring when my 1st social security check arrives next month.. so I hve just about given up...got spoiled I guss back in 2004-2010 when sales were great.. it is so slow that it eats away at a person's motivation.. or at least it does me..

Message 23 of 72
latest reply

West Coasters are spending their money on legalized pot. doubledz  - unquote 

Am not !!   🙂 

Message 24 of 72
latest reply

Up to 42 sales for the month (across several IDs) so no, not slow at all.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 25 of 72
latest reply

I had a dead patch from Christmas to a little after New Year's but I've had six sales in the past three days so it looks like things are picking back up again.

Message 26 of 72
latest reply

I sell mainly craft items. I've had decent sales before Christmas with new items (gifts). Plus I suspect that a couple of people are using me as a reshipper (don't care -- got my price!). But after Christmas my sales of used items has skyrocketed. I surmise that many folks got some cash for Christmas to spend on crafting (my husband does the same for me!) because their spouses had no idea what to buy given how many craft items they already have! I've had a couple of expensive rarer items go this week that definitely seem like a "Christmas present to me" type of item.
Message 27 of 72
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
Up to 42 sales for the month (across several IDs) so no, not slow at all.

Shhh, we're not supposed to post about good sales in these threads. That makes us shills or cheerleaders...

I'm on pace to sell more than I have since I started over a year ago (2 accounts). But, I also rotate inventory, reduce prices on old stock and list new stuff constantly. I'm also in the process of ramping up my third account into a basic store (premium on my other two accounts).

But, uh yeah, I agree...sales are horrible all around.

Message 28 of 72
latest reply

Well, I'm up to 45 now LOL

For some reason this week, glassware is flying off the shelves (which makes up for the slowdown on kids NIB toys)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 29 of 72
latest reply

I'm still selling Christmas, amusingly enough!  Mailed off three Christmas ornaments today and I have two more to go out tomorrow along with some candy cane-scented lotion.

Message 30 of 72
latest reply