cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant drop in sales since the latest changes to new EIS program

Is anyone else experiencing a drop in sales since eBay implemented the new International shipping program?

It seems like every time eBay makes another change my sales drop.  I just finished doing my accounting and at the rate that my sales have been dropping on a month to month basis , from 10% to the latest drop of 60%, I'm afraid my sales will soon be down to zero.

I am not a big company .... since the middle of 2022 to now my sales have gone from about $1,500 per month average down to my current sales of $29.95 for the month of May... so far.  April was abysmal at about $450 for the month.

I used to be able to generate enough income to cover most of my basic living expenses. Right now I'm living in fear with a bunch of anxiety and stress thrown in because I may not be able to cover my utilities, food or rent.  I'm devastated.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Significant drop in sales since the latest changes to new EIS program

I don't think this person is looking for an excuse. Ebay is expensive for the services they offer, and I think they're just searching for awnsers to combat decreased sales. 

Message 31 of 51
latest reply

Okay.... You've said your piece, which has been neither helpful nor informative to this seller. Move along already. 

Message 32 of 51
latest reply

That's his MO!

He is here to Mock!

Message 33 of 51
latest reply

I’m experiencing the same thing. My sales down more than 50% since the last 2 months. I called eBay, they checked my account they said I am doing everything right, so there is nothing the CS can do to help me. I hope your sales goes back to normal soon. 

Message 34 of 51
latest reply

They will never cease to find ways to mess up this site. During the Great Recession, I had a store and earned enough to buy my first new car and cover other expenses. 

Now, I went through and deleted just about every listing of mine. No need to keep them posted if they're no sales and zero views. 

Message 35 of 51
latest reply

I have been selling on eBay for 20+ years. I know I am late to the party here, but my domestic sales dropped to just about nothing since eBay implemented International. Although it should have nothing to do with domestic sales, It can't be a coincidence that every time eBay makes a change on their on volition my sales are affected. I decided to give it some time though. However, based on this conversation and the fact that my sales are lower then when covid hit before the free money was sent out,  I am opting out, I can only imagine what the holidays will be like. Plus try getting help from eBay, you get the same responses. Time of year, what you sell, etc, etc.  I agree with Trailblazer! Frankly we should be able to opt in, not be forced and then have to deal with the fall out time after time again.

Message 36 of 51
latest reply

Yes sales almost 54% down since they changed from the "Global shipping program ". that we used for years to  about the same under new name in BETA mode.......maybe and hoping  just a coincidence . We had a Zero sales day last week  ?????..a first in over 18 years .  By default they put anyone who was in GLOBAL SHIPPING PROBRAM into the new Program .  Not sure how to opt out of this trial..........so we decided to ship to USA only . 

Please  can someone put some input if international sales program is working with them ?

PMA

Message 37 of 51
latest reply

Dear seller please advise how to OPT out of this INTERNATIONAL program..........

PMA

Message 38 of 51
latest reply

We also have had a significant drop in sales that has continued into June and July. It is concerning for sure.

Message 39 of 51
latest reply

We always had a fairly constant flow of orders to Canada and the UK, but have not had one since being automatically enrolled into EIS. not one. They completely quit and dropped off 100%. even domestic has nearly dropped to nothing but thats a different story.... Now were not sure if its better to stay enrolled in EIS or opt out. Some items we set up for first class intl and not eis, just to see if there was a difference and if it brought any intl custimers back, but so far it has hasn't. the whole platform just seems dead anymore no matter where or what...meanwhile...other platforms are doing okay................... 

Message 40 of 51
latest reply

How do your June sales compare with June 2022? June 2019? June 2018? (We ignore the halcyon days of the pandemic surge in online selling.)

Also May of the same years and the beginning of July?

You can't compare this month to last month anymore than you would wear shorts and flipflops in January or a Canada Goose parka to the beach in January.

Always compare month to month and year to year.

And also check both number and value of sales.

It is quite possible to be run off your feet with shipping, while making half the cash you did the year before.

It is also possible to have a high profit margin on sales, while selling cheaper stuff.

Keep records.

Also the first complaints about slow sales appeared in October 1995.

Message 41 of 51
latest reply

Hopefully it gets better

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

Dear seller please advise how to OPT out of this INTERNATIONAL program..........

PMA

The following will guide you through opting out of the EIS program. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin... 

Message 43 of 51
latest reply

CONSUMER DEPTH in Credit Cards is now over 1 TRILLION DOLLARS. The failure rate is through the roof. The FEDERAL RESERVE is attacking the AMERICAN COMSUMER. RAISING THE INTEREST RATES causing folks and business who are into floating Mortgage and loans to pay higher amounts then they prepared for. 

The fed wants employment to drop! Harder for folks to make ends meet. Mainly this private company wants to put the bakes on wealth and prosperity so that they can remain in Business and control of the worlds population. 

The fact we have over 32 trillion dollars of depth does not help matters as well. 

So expect thing to get much tighter & Slower sales  as they try to make things better?     

Photobucket
Message 44 of 51
latest reply

I literally have no international sales whatsoever anymore.

I guess I should pay more attention to the changes and see if there is anything I can do.

Typically, I would have a half dozen items in a week go through Global Shipping to Erlanger, KY for routing.

Message 45 of 51
latest reply