cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping policies mandatory??

Why are all my listings missing shipping and saying I have to create shipping policies. Not just my 1st class ALL of them. This is out of control. It's bad enough the 1st class didn't switch over automatically but every stinking listing??

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Shipping policies mandatory??

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

If it makes you feel better, I ticked on several of yours and they look good. And for what it's worth, even I was able to set up a handful of biz policies (that I can recognize... LOL), so I know you'll be able to, too,, @fern*wood🙌

Thanks so much!  The encouragement helps.  Wastingtime has told me I definitely need to do that, but my brain just isn't up to it yet.   I know I've missed some, but they probably won't sell anyway.😁

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

So since I already have set up a combine shipping rule, all I really have to do use bulk edit and change from 1st class to ground advantage(plus you have to re-add shipping cost). I charge a flat shipping rate on 80% of my listings, have very few priority and rest goes UPS.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

So since I already have set up a combine shipping rule, all I really have to do use bulk edit and change from 1st class to ground advantage(plus you have to re-add shipping cost). I charge a flat shipping rate on 80% of my listings, have very few priority and rest goes UPS.

I used the bulk editor to do my listings.  I have just a couple different rates that I charge for first class, so for me it only took a little bit to use the editor.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

ebay messed it up again  i had some scheduled and could not change . tried to list new items and could not list with ground advantage. ebay makes us pay fees for ebay doing very little.  why cant ebay get things fixed.  

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

Correct @tsme35 and if you need any tips with bulk edit just click the link in my signature below.

Since you use flat instead of calculated that'll make the process easier for you because you can sort listings in seller hub by shipping price and know exactly which listings to pull into the bulk edit tool.

Using flat ship also makes a transition to biz policies easy for the same reason if you ever decide to go that route.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Same here, esp. when I have to increase shipping USPS shipping rate but I always seem to miss a couple, usually their a little heavier and I charged more on shipping.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Thanks, took me 20 minutes to even find the shipping rule, haven't needed to change it in years lol

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

To make sure we're on the same page @tsme35, you have to update more than your combined shipping rule. You have to update your actual listings. Hopefully that puts my above post about bulk edit in better context.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Just did all my listings in about 10 mins.  1 error, so I ended that listing and will look at it later.

krazzykats_0-1689025157087.png

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

krazzykats_1-1689025380837.png

My eBay Account: Business policies

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I wish I had biz policies set up.  Some day I may tackle it, because this update has been a b*.   My stuff was a hot mess of different shipping methods.   I couldn't just eyeball everything and know if it was 1st class or priority, so after so long I started guessing.   I'm sure I've missed some, but hopefully, the majority are fixed.

@fern*wood:

I had a couple dozen business policies that I didn't know I had. When I tried to update my listings because of this latest First Class/Ground Advantage dilemma, what came up was many business policies in the shipping section of each listing instead of my choice of shipping service. I'd never seen this before whenever I tried to edit a listing or do a Sell Similar. So I opted out of business policies altogether, and my shipping choices came back.

I have my items simplified to the point where business policies are just a PITA. I need to see my shipping service choices and not a couple dozen different confusing business policies that I can't make heads nor tails of. Taking a little extra time to bulk edit my listings is worth it to my business model.

Cheers, Duffy 

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

to wastingtime101

The problem I've encountered when trying to get rid of Business Policies is that when I try to cancel one I get a message that reads that I can't cancel it because there are listings in it.

Another Catch 22.  

trustblue127

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

@trustblue127 wrote:

to wastingtime101

The problem I've encountered when trying to get rid of Business Policies is that when I try to cancel one I get a message that reads that I can't cancel it because there are listings in it.

Another Catch 22.  

How to handle that situation is addressed in my biz policies tutorial linked in my sig below @trustblue127 

GLORIOUS!

Message 28 of 28
latest reply