cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping policies mandatory??

Why are all my listings missing shipping and saying I have to create shipping policies. Not just my 1st class ALL of them. This is out of control. It's bad enough the 1st class didn't switch over automatically but every stinking listing??

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

This may have something to do with the changes due to the new USPS Ground Advantage shipping but I took a look at several of your listings both what would be first class and what are priority mail and I see shipping costs on all of them. 

dbfolks166mt_1-1688962760262.png

dbfolks166mt_0-1688962710547.png

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Well, it's changing before my very eyes-But it would be more accurate to say that when I click on edit the shipping is blank and it tells me I must choose a shipping policy- but I opted out of that a long time ago. I wonder if I have to opt out again or are they forcing it on us? It won't let me just switch 1st class to ground advantage- I had to find the policy options page(which is like looking for a needle in the haystack) and it already had a few options (policies) in place and I had to tweek them. Like what else could I do - they have to manually changed correct? Ebay is really getting on my last nerves. I should be done in about 3 days.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

also I can not change the format from buy it now to auction.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

also I can not change the format from buy it now to auction.

This has always been the case for an active listing. If you want to change that aspect you have to end the current active listing and then repost it in the other format. 

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Did you have Business Policies set up?  Some sellers have reported issues with that.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

@cjwpiano wrote:

Why are all my listings missing shipping and saying I have to create shipping policies. Not just my 1st class ALL of them. This is out of control. It's bad enough the 1st class didn't switch over automatically but every stinking listing??

Your account must have been opted in to using business policies even though you didn't realize it @cjwpiano - sometimes this happens when a seller opts in to Seller Hub.

Business policies help me keep my sanity. Manage and edit them (or disable them to go back to how you used to set up your listings) on this page.

bizpolicies.png

Once you set up your shipping policies and name them so you can easily identify them, you can go to your active listings and bulk edit to assign your new policies.

After the initial mess of policies that are created when you first sign up are no longer tied to active listings, you can delete them.

It takes a little time and work to set it up, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 28
latest reply

This is the only confusing part for me, I don't understand what the business policies do. I checked and I don't have any set up.

But I have combine shipping rule set up, is that difference? I revised a listing last night and my combine rule was set up and this morning I listed a new listing(sell similar) and my combine shipping rule is still there. I'm waiting a week or so before I bulk edit my shipping, hoping all the bugs are worked out. I have over 1600 listings so I want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Try bulk editing: 

Sample 3 items - checkmark 'all' when in the edit screen

click 'edit' and at drop down, choose 'domestic shipping'

choose shipping 'type' 

choose shipping cost 

click 'done'

click 'submit'

check the listing (sign out)

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

I set up business policies a couple of years ago.  I wish I never did.  You have to spend a lot of time trying to get out of them.  Business Policies are not mandatory.  I don't think they are helpful.  

trustblue127

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

This is the only confusing part for me, I don't understand what the business policies do.

@tsme35 

I helped someone last month set up biz policies - a clothing seller. They created the following shipping policies:

Choice of calculated first class or priority

Choice of calculated parcel select or priority

A couple of Priority flat rate options

They applied that first class policy to approx 1.2k listings

Now with the Ground Advantage change, all they have to do is edit that policy and with a couple of clicks all 1.2k listings will be changed over from first class to ground advantage.

eBay does not offer a way for sellers to sort or filter listings based on shipping service offered unless that seller uses biz policies.

May not be a problem for a seller that offers the same service on every listing. But for sellers that offer a variety of shipping choices depending on the size/weight of their item, biz policies are a massive time saver. They can instantly see with a couple clicks which listings offer which shipping service and update them in a snap without having to go through the bulk edit process.

Remember when USPS implemented nonstandard surcharges and so many sellers switched to UPS Ground? They could update all those listings with a couple clicks.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

All my first class shipping went to 'standard', which will do.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

All my first class shipping went to 'standard', which will do.

No, they didn't. Any 'standard' service is prefaced with standard, but the actual service you chose is still there.

Item 266269453297

Shipping tab shows: Standard Shipping (USPS First Class®)

So you still have to make updates.

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

I wish I had biz policies set up.  Some day I may tackle it, because this update has been a b*.   My stuff was a hot mess of different shipping methods.   I couldn't just eyeball everything and know if it was 1st class or priority, so after so long I started guessing.   I'm sure I've missed some, but hopefully, the majority are fixed.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

If it makes you feel better, I ticked on several of yours and they look good. And for what it's worth, even I was able to set up a handful of biz policies (that I can recognize... LOL), so I know you'll be able to, too,, @fern*wood🙌

Message 15 of 28
latest reply