cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Labels Report and carrier scan problems

I've found two problems relating to shipping labels and am asking if anyone else who has had a mark against them for labels with no carrier scan to check to see if this is the reason.

I had five occurances between October and December, where due to multiple purchases or another issue, I have had to void and reprint a label. The problem is, the new label printed is not updated in the shipping record so it appears that the item has never been scanned at the post office. Meanwhile the customer has received the new tracking number, so it doesn't cause a problem for them. In each of the four occurances, this is why dinged for an item not scanned at the post office.

The second problem is the shipping labels report or listing. Can someone see if they can view labels printed between December 19th and January 1st. I can't see them at all. 

Please ask me if you need further information.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@dtexley3 wrote:

For me when I try to reprint the labels are placed on the document incorrectly and will not print on the 2 up shipping label form.  Doesn't matter what the paper orientation is set to prior to the reprint, the label is laid on the document in the wrong orientation and/or position and cannot be corrected.

Went through this last night again because I stuck the label on the wrong size bubble mailer and had already closed the print window.

I save all my labels as pdf and then print.

I can reprint, if necessary ... and I have a copy of the actual label in case of an Unauthorized Use chargeback.

I'm a teensy bit OCD when it comes to accounting and record keeping. I save almost everything electronically and back everything up in duplicate 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

View Best Answer in original post

Message 20 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Can't speak to labels voided.....

I can see shipping labels during that time.......  Are you remembering that, at least in SH, you can set the time period in upper right corner to expand the time period?

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Yes, I did. I tried to see December, the last 31 days and the last 90 days and the period I mentioned is not there and the 90 day period is a mess.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

When I select to see Decembers labels, even if I have it display a 100, it only shows me from the 1st to the 18th. 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

This is when I try to see the last 31 days. It stops at January 2nd. Same thing happens when I try to see December.  it stops at the 18th.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

You probably should do something about your last post since it shows your buyer's IDs and names.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1

I don't know about about the missing dates on the labels page ... all of mine show 😞

I can tell you that, when you void and reprint, you need to manually add the tracking number to the order. It looks ugly because you can't remove the voided tracking number, but the "uploaded and scanned" counts the good number if it is there.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I voided labels last month because I missed the carrier that day. Printed new labels, and shipped next day. My new tracking #'s were in the order details along with the voided #'s. I did not get any dings on shipping/carrier scans.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Why are you needing to void labels?  You mention a printer problem, but you can reprint labels without paying for new ones and the tracking number remains the same.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Just checked my history of shipping labels using Foxfire and could go back 90 days no problem. Reprinting a label is much easier than having to void and then wait for money to be refunded.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Why are you needing to void labels?  You mention a printer problem, but you can reprint labels without paying for new ones and the tracking number remains the same.

Not if they are beyond the acceptable date.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. You have a link back to the label from your PayPal record as well, so you have more than one way to get back to the original label and reprint it if there's some problem with the first copy that doesn't surface until later on. What were the reasons for all the void-and-repurchase issues?

Aside from that, are you verifying that the tracking number of the second label is getting added to the sale record of the item(s) involved? (i.e. in the same manner as you would manually add a tracking number from a post office purchase)

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@johnrdoran wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

Not if they are beyond the acceptable date.

What exactly is your wife doing that causes these to need to be voided?   Are they printed before the items are paid for?  When she mentioned a printer problem that made me think it messed up during printing. 

I haven't needed to void a label for a couple years now, and then it was due to picking the wrong shipping method in error.  Sometimes I've found that solving a problem on my end is much easier than trying to get ebay to conform to me.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. You have a link back to the label from your PayPal record as well, so you have more than one way to get back to the original label and reprint it if there's some problem with the first copy that doesn't surface until later on. What were the reasons for all the void-and-repurchase issues?

I haven't voided a label for printing problems in a long time, but thanks for this information. 

Perhaps the OP tried to print twice and thought that was it and there were no more opportunities, it's good to know there's a third try to print if necessary from paypal. 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply