cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Labels Report and carrier scan problems

I've found two problems relating to shipping labels and am asking if anyone else who has had a mark against them for labels with no carrier scan to check to see if this is the reason.

I had five occurances between October and December, where due to multiple purchases or another issue, I have had to void and reprint a label. The problem is, the new label printed is not updated in the shipping record so it appears that the item has never been scanned at the post office. Meanwhile the customer has received the new tracking number, so it doesn't cause a problem for them. In each of the four occurances, this is why dinged for an item not scanned at the post office.

The second problem is the shipping labels report or listing. Can someone see if they can view labels printed between December 19th and January 1st. I can't see them at all. 

Please ask me if you need further information.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@odditiesandantiquities1

I don't know about about the missing dates on the labels page ... all of mine show 😞

I can tell you that, when you void and reprint, you need to manually add the tracking number to the order. It looks ugly because you can't remove the voided tracking number, but the "uploaded and scanned" counts the good number if it is there.

And that was the problem. The proper label number has now been attached which shows scanning and delivery but I wonder if they will remove the dings from the Sellers report.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@johnrdoran wrote:

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@odditiesandantiquities1

I don't know about about the missing dates on the labels page ... all of mine show 😞

I can tell you that, when you void and reprint, you need to manually add the tracking number to the order. It looks ugly because you can't remove the voided tracking number, but the "uploaded and scanned" counts the good number if it is there.

And that was the problem. The proper label number has now been attached which shows scanning and delivery but I wonder if they will remove the dings from the Sellers report.

Thanks John.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

For me when I try to reprint the labels are placed on the document incorrectly and will not print on the 2 up shipping label form.  Doesn't matter what the paper orientation is set to prior to the reprint, the label is laid on the document in the wrong orientation and/or position and cannot be corrected.

Went through this last night again because I stuck the label on the wrong size bubble mailer and had already closed the print window.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

For me when I try to reprint the labels are placed on the document incorrectly and will not print on the 2 up shipping label form.  Doesn't matter what the paper orientation is set to prior to the reprint, the label is laid on the document in the wrong orientation and/or position and cannot be corrected.

Went through this last night again because I stuck the label on the wrong size bubble mailer and had already closed the print window.

Never had that happen.  When I hit reprint, it just prints an identical label to the original one---same orientation with no differences.  

Maybe someone knows what might cause that to happen.  I don't have a guess.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

I save all my labels as pdf and then print.

I can reprint, if necessary ... and I have a copy of the actual label in case of an Unauthorized Use chargeback.

I'm a teensy bit OCD when it comes to accounting and record keeping. I save almost everything electronically and back everything up in duplicate 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

That is a fantatastic idea. Thank you for that. Going to start doing that right away.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply