cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a watcher an offer???? Clarification?

@Anonymous

On this video......

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/videos/222851305076068/

about 6 minutes in, Jennifer mentions sending offers to watchers......seemingly from Seller Hub or the listing itself.........  I've searched and can't find anything about it.....some of the comments indicate some people have found it, others haven't.....can you get any info about it?  Test? altho she seemed to say it was a tool everyone could use.  Didn't sound like she meant sending an offer from  the email from ebay that was going around for while.......

thanks

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: Send a watcher an offer???? Clarification?

Don't know where it is and not going to look.

Way to annoy potential buyers ever more than they already do.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 2 of 106
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's discussed at 6 min 20 sec into the video. She seemed to say it's not the same as Private Offer and that the ability to do this is within the listing. I've never seen anything like it and have no idea what she's referencing.

I wonder if she's talking about the e-mails eBay sends prompting you to lower your price when you have watchers on an item. That's not an exclusive offer to watchers though, it's just lowering your listing price.

Kudos on the Christmas sweater to discuss holiday sales.

Message 3 of 106
latest reply

honestly..if you are going to send wtachers an offer..why would anyone buy ...they would simply wait to see if a lower offer comes to them...and if you are will to offer...then just lower your price...you may actually get a "buyer" and not even the "watcher"...

Watchers are a lot of things...and reasons the "watch"...buying is probably a very small % of any of them

Message 4 of 106
latest reply

It wouldn't be the first time a blue was talking about something that doesn't even exist. (or the first time their groupies were willing to go along with it either)

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 106
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still watching. About 18:20 into the video Alan brings up the question and they discuss this further. It seems this feature was just launched and it's a phased rollout so not everybody is seeing it yet. I'd like to know when the rollout will complete because this would be a useful feature to promote holiday sales.

Message 6 of 106
latest reply

@Anonymous

Thanks,  I got so excited about forgot about watching the rest lol.  Will be interesting to try it....  Like others, I know alot of watchers won't ever buy........but you just never know what will push them over the edge......

Message 7 of 106
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems this feature was just launched and it's a phased rollout so not everybody is seeing it yet.

Which means it is cumbersome and prone to glitches and it will be fully functional in 2 years right before they have a new update that replaces it

Message 8 of 106
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhbookds wrote:

@Anonymous

On this video......

about 6 minutes in, Jennifer mentions sending offers to watchers......seemingly from Seller Hub or the listing itself.........  I've searched and can't find anything about it.....some of the comments indicate some people have found it, others haven't.....can you get any info about it?  Test? altho she seemed to say it was a tool everyone could use.  Didn't sound like she meant sending an offer from  the email from ebay that was going around for while.......

thanks

Hi @dhbookds, we are working on getting more info for everyone. In the meantime, I'd love to hear what you guys think about this feature. Would you use it? What concerns would you have? Do you have any specific ideas on how this would be best implemented? Definitely let us know and we can pass along feedback while we get more details!

Message 9 of 106
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous- I would use it. I have no idea how it's currently working, but it sounded like you have to go into a listing to use it.

I would like to see this implemented in one of two ways:

One- Add it to the actions drop-down on the active listings page. I don't want to have to go into a specific listing to use it.

Two- Put a flag on the listings page underneath the watcher number. Clicking on that flag would take you to the offer screen.

Question: Will the offer last for 48 hours as other offers do?

Concern: how will this work with variation listings? Can you send a variation-specific offer and will it go to watchers of only that variation, or is the only option to send out an offer at the listing level to watchers of all variations? If you can't send a variation-specific offer I may use the feature less. There should be a drop-down on the offer page for variation listings where you can "select all" or select an individual variation.

Another concern: I don't want buyers to have the ability to send counter offers through this feature. If I wanted that option I would put "best offer" on the listing.

Message 10 of 106
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

@Anonymous

On this video......

thanks

Hi @dhbookds, we are working on getting more info for everyone. In the meantime, I'd love to hear what you guys think about this feature. Would you use it? What concerns would you have? Do you have any specific ideas on how this would be best implemented? Definitely let us know and we can pass along feedback while we get more details!

If it were me, I'd rather be able to send watchers an "offer" in the form of "X%" off the BIN price -- offer good only for "X" hrs/days with the caveat that it's first-come, first-served and since there are other watchers it behooves the recipient to act before someone else does -- as opposed to a straight out "how would you like to buy it for "X" dollars" and then having to haggle back and forth on the price.

With the %-off idea, it could be set up whereby as soon as someone puts an item on their Watch List they get the auto-generated offer by email that the seller has crafted/specified.   However, whether a seller wants the offer sent automatically, would be up to the seller's discretion -- IOW, this feature wouldn't be mandatory or required on each listing.

You would also need the ability to "customize" the "Watch Offer" so the seller could indicate what the "offer" would be as he/she may wish to exclude some items, use a different % off, etc. and sellers should have that ability/flexibility.

Message 11 of 106
latest reply

So I assume this will out the identification of watchers. 

Message 12 of 106
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Way to annoy potential buyers ever more than they already do.

Can be viewed as near desperation,  pressure to buy to sell that item.

Message 13 of 106
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fern*wood wrote:

@Anonymous- can sellers see who the offer is sent to or is the watcher's ID only revealed if they accept the offer or respond through messaging?

Message 14 of 106
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Doesn't have to @fern*wood.  If ebay takes care of sending the notices to Watchers, sellers would not be involved or learn of the IDs at all.  All a seller might receive is notification that  "Watch Offers" were sent to "X" number of watchers on your "Y" item.   

Message 15 of 106
latest reply