cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling

I’m honestly super confused right now. I sold an item to someone who is international.  I purchased a eBay label and sent it off to their center. today when I got home from work the package was back on my front porch after like 2 weeks. there is no return filed, nothing from eBay, nothing in the box, absolutely nothing explaining why it is back at my house. someone please help I am so confused. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Selling

More information is needed in order to help. 
Did you purchase the label from eBay? Was all the information in the order details on the label including the evtn number ? Did you measure and weigh the package properly? Where is the buyer located? 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Selling

What does the tracking say?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Selling

I feel your pain. Never experienced that. Just want to say sorry about your problem. Hope it turns out OK.

Trouble often turns into a time problem more than a money problem.

Good luck, sorry for the issue.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Selling

@closet33 wrote:

nothing in the box, absolutely nothing 

So @closet33 you was stolen?

teth_1615_0-1711780411338.png

eBay policy says if the item is undeliverable, the buyer is uncovered if they try to file a clam. Especially since there is absolutely nothing in the box now.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Selling

The item was going to eBay's international shipping hub.

I doubt the OP was stolen.  
The OP doesn't say anything was missing except an explanation why the package was returned. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Selling

While the EIS is a nice program and the seller protections are outstanding it is also a quasi black hole once your shipment reaches the EIS hub. If there are buyer issues, claims, returns, chargebacks.........  the EIS program handles them. I am assuming your original shipment to the hub shows delivered. 

I am unsure how you directly contact the EIS hub, and customer support is probably going to be useless in providing you that information, but as long as eBay has not deducted any funds from you don't drive yourself nuts trying to figure this out. 

Out of curiosity what is the return address on the package you received back, AKA where was it sent from,  and what does the tracking show for the return package? It is possible that the buyer returned the package directly rather than sending it back to the EIS hub as they should have done. Maybe an attempt at an empty box return scam that is going to backfire on the buyer. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Selling

@closet33 

What ever you sold may have not been permitted in their country. It may have been confiscated at customs.   Read up on what can and cannot be exported internationally.  It will be helpful in the future with future sales.  

Happy Selling

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Selling

@ckimodog   the OP says the item was returned........since it was mailed to the processing center......it must have been returned from them........obviously wasn't confiscated at customs.......since it was returned.

As Hawaii says, key question is what does the tracking show?........if it shows delivered to processing center, then they returned it.  If it doesn't show delivered there, then USPS returned it for some reason and that would be noted on the package......usually. On a international package, I doubt 2 wks is enough time to get it to the buyer and then have them return it........ 

I presume OP got it back Fri........so I would just wait a couple of days and see if there isn't a followup email message with some kind of explanation.  I believe the Center does reject some stuff for various reasons such as import restrictions for the destination country.......

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Selling

@dhbookds 

Thanks for following up.  Maybe I misunderstood as he stated there was nothing in the box that was returned.   They sold a food item and some countries don't allow exportation of foods from other countries.  Just throwing some ideas out there.

Happy Easter

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Selling

@closet33 

What ever you sold may have not been permitted in their country. It may have been confiscated at customs.   Read up on what can and cannot be exported internationally.  It will be helpful in the future with future sales.  

With the EIS program it blocks a lot of things from going through the program if there are import rules but of course it does not catch all of them. However, that should still have been an EIS problem to address and if the package was returned it should have gone back to the hub. There is something off about this one. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Selling

Be thankful, at least you weren't scammed. 

Lots of countries prohibit all food items as it has the potential to be a biohazard and destroy their agriculture and food industry.   

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Selling

@closet33 

as inhawaii asked....................tracking.....................?

2 weeks...........................  that item could have been walked to the hub and back from Rockford in 2 weeks 

Nothing "in" the box, or nothing "on" the box? 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Selling

I'll ask again (as did @inhawaii did...because this is VERY important for anyone to even begin to help

WHAT does the Tracking Number state on the (guessing) USPS website?? 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply