cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling fees

sold my laptop and they charged me insane fees exactly $125 dollars. Will never use this site again, horrible experience. And then they have NO WAY to contact customer service there is NO phone number provided for this site. Plus it was very hard to leave this review they tried stopping me from posting this several times. 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Selling fees

@m60driver wrote:

The selling fees are the least of your concerns at this moment.  Being a relatively new seller you will be lucky if you are not scammed out of your computer.  A new seller should never list an expensive electronic item as scammers feast upon such sellers.  

Yeaahhh about that - to me, it appears the site, sooo desperate for MONEY, couldnt care less about new sellers(or ANY sellers for that matter) when they usher you through the selling process as quickly as possible without giving ANY indication of the scams and pitfalls - Its just, click the big SELL NOW link and voila' you are at the listing page without any clear indication of fees, rules, and scams - which to me is sheer negligence AT BEST...

And then there's the "Oh, signing up for managed payments? We'll worry about that later", without any indication of the invasive and  grueling process and sensitive information they will be asking for later.

Yeah they sure know how to snare a new seller... And you people posting full-time here for years? - If you were just starting out, many of you would be in the same boat as these new sellers you love to rain your lofty reprimands upon, so quit acting like they are naive to a detriment...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 25 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Selling fees

Listing on eBay is free, selling on eBay is not.

eBay is very upfront about their selling fees there’s no surprises.

There’s an entire policy on seller fees that you should have read >>Selling Fees 

As for stopping you from posting…I doubt that. 

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

You better get busy removing the other five items you still have listed.

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

That laptop, can’t be shipped priority it can only be shipped ground because of the lithium battery. 
Priority mail is transported by air lithium batteries can explode in high altitudes.  

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

EBay clearly discloses it's fees and for the laptop you listed and sold for almost $1,000.00 the $125 in fees would be about right. Some details missing with regards to the exact sale: what the buyer paid for shipping, what the actual shipping label cost you, what the sales tax was in the state where the buyer was located so made some assumptions but the calculations work out about right. 

I am not sure what you had invested in the laptop but if you made a decent return on the item after deducting all of your expenses and taxes why are you concerned about what eBay makes? They are a business and have expenses and costs associated with running that business. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1702996350467.png

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

@ra_41216 

Sorry for your situation.  The moderators on this forum are pretty strict about certain things you can or cannot post.  They would like the conversations to be civil and factual, not to mention respectful.  You might want to try reaching out on social media to get some answers from REAL customer service agents.  Here's the link and hope it's helpful:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These agents are US CS eBay employees and may better serve you and your situation.  Many positive posts with their ability to be helpful.  In the past they were helpful concerning my issue at hand.  Give it a try...it might be worth it.

Happy Holidays!

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

The selling fees are the least of your concerns at this moment.  Being a relatively new seller you will be lucky if you are not scammed out of your computer.  A new seller should never list an expensive electronic item as scammers feast upon such sellers.  

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

thank you but I do not have Facebook otherwise I would tap on the link but really appreciate your response.

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

I am not a new seller never once mentioned that…

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

Every indication is that you are a new seller.  If you're not a new seller, then the FVFs on your laptop shouldn't have come as any surprise.

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

$125 in fees on a $900 laptop seems about right with sales tax and shipping. What fee were you expecting?

It's 13.25 percent of the total amount plus another 0.30 cents.

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

Probably was going off of this, along with the question asked. If you have another account though.......

frankenhobbit_1-1702998657395.png

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

Hopefully you had enough room to cover the fees and make your desired profit based on your asking price.  Were you misled by someone about the fees?  If you are not new to selling, this ID appears to be rather new so holds on the money will likely be in play. 

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

Yes thank you 

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

Understanding yes thank you but I am not new just a new account due to password loss. 

Message 15 of 44
latest reply