cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling fees

sold my laptop and they charged me insane fees exactly $125 dollars. Will never use this site again, horrible experience. And then they have NO WAY to contact customer service there is NO phone number provided for this site. Plus it was very hard to leave this review they tried stopping me from posting this several times. 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Selling fees

Look, like it or hate it, eBay is just a platform. People come in here hating on it, despite them continuing to use it, other come here bowing at eBay like they do no wrong. 

I get REAL tired of each side NOT living in reality and making up stuff. I am tired of complainers just whining to whine. I DON'T care if you think fees are too high, you agreed to them. Quit whining.

I also am tired of those who willfully are blind and make stuff up about how right or perfect eBay is. It's not and I am sick of lies. eBay is not the biggest and the best. eBay is not always truthful about what they say or what they show you. The utility of the platform is shrinking, and so are the users. 

No one is FORCED to use this site. Don't like something? You are free to stop using the platform.  By continuing to use the platform, it invalidates your complaints. You whine and complain, and STILL use it? Man, sounds like something a loser would do.....

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

"I get REAL tired of each side NOT living in reality and making up stuff. I am tired of complainers just whining to whine. I DON'T care if you think fees are too high, you agreed to them. Quit whining.

I also am tired of those who willfully are blind and make stuff up about how right or perfect eBay is. It's not and I am sick of lies. eBay is not the biggest and the best. eBay is not always truthful about what they say or what they show you. The utility of the platform is shrinking, and so are the users."

BRAVO !

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

@hartungcards wrote:

Maybe also a recommendation that sellers (especially new sellers) don't make any effort to do any research into how selling on eBay works before they start listing all of their treasures for a quick buck with no strings attached.

Okaaay... But isnt that what they already do? Prompting new and old sellers alike to jump right it with the least amount of information possible as explained in my post you are replying to?

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

@chrispass918 wrote:

eBay is awesome 

In relation to what exactly?.... Fees? customer service? fraud? cheap china junk? sell through rate? market share? stock price? site integrity?...

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

@ra_41216 wrote:

I am not a new seller never once mentioned that…

This account has a feedback of 5.  Whether you have another account that you have sold under or not, this account will still  attract scammers to a $900 laptop.

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

I think you're ignoring the simple truth that anyone with an ounce of common sense would make the effort to do their homework before jumping onto an on-line selling platform.  I don't think eBay really bears any responsibility to make this statement, any more than they need to remind people to brush their teeth.

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

OK, so now I understand. This was just basically a "social media" post.

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

@hartungcards wrote:

I think you're ignoring the simple truth that anyone with an ounce of common sense would make the effort to do their homework before jumping onto an on-line selling platform.  I don't think eBay really bears any responsibility to make this statement, any more than they need to remind people to brush their teeth.

That is where you are ENTIRELY wrong - They owe it to their users to create a site that is trustworthy of expectation - If they cannot, or do not wish to adhere to those expectations of service, then in my opinion, that is, at best, negligence... There are A LOT of people out there who are not of sound business mind or acumen - Those same people, who put their trust in a name brand to provide a safe, fair and responsible products or services, are deserving of those expectations without having to dig into the legal speak of clause 11,218....That could be you mother, or your best friends father, etc, etc  I am speaking of...

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

Yeah, once again I guess you're right.  People who are not of sound business mind or acumen should be given special treatment by eBay, maybe assigned a personal service rep who can hold their hand every day.  That would certainly be "trustworthy of expectation,"  I think, although I'm not sure I have any clue what that means.

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

Maybe it's time that they implemented a "captcha" test or something that requires infrequent or new users to mark the boxes that have "important listing information"......just a basic check...I dunno....

captcha-stealth-bomber.jpg

am I being to condescending? We are talking real basic stuff that should be required before a listing is submitted.....

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

@monica-sells 

Lol...thanks for that...I needed it today. 😆

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

I don't see any stealth bombers.  Does that mean I can list anything I want without reading the User Agreement, or any of the terms and conditions first?  Oh wait, now I get it........

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

@monica-sells wrote:

We are talking real basic stuff that should be required before a listing is submitted.....

Exactly! and if a seller doesn't show that they know these things? then they shouldnt be able to list! - Just think of how many problems would be immediately eliminated if there was a selling 101 video that was REQUIRED viewing before being able to list...

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

Selling fees

@hartungcards wrote:

Yeah, once again I guess you're right.  People who are not of sound business mind or acumen should be given special treatment by eBay, maybe assigned a personal service rep who can hold their hand every day.  That would certainly be "trustworthy of expectation,"  I think, although I'm not sure I have any clue what that means.

As usual, a sarcastic and totally useless reply that serves no one - Is sarcasm literally all you got? seriously...

Message 44 of 44
latest reply