cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling fees

sold my laptop and they charged me insane fees exactly $125 dollars. Will never use this site again, horrible experience. And then they have NO WAY to contact customer service there is NO phone number provided for this site. Plus it was very hard to leave this review they tried stopping me from posting this several times. 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Selling fees

If you have a new account, then you are considerd a new seller.  And new sellers are usually the ones most outraged by the FVFs on their first sale.

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

@ra_41216 wrote:

sold my laptop and they charged me insane fees exactly $125 dollars. Will never use this site again, horrible experience. And then they have NO WAY to contact customer service there is NO phone number provided for this site. Plus it was very hard to leave this review they tried stopping me from posting this several times. 

Hoping you landed with a solid buyer on that laptop.

New seller accounts are always scam targets when listing pricey electronics. Best of luck on this transaction.

Posting ID
Message 17 of 44
latest reply

There is definitely "sticker shock" when you see the fees on an expensive item. However, since you mentioned you are not a new seller, you already knew that the fees would be 13.25% of $899 or at least $121. The fee on shipping and sales tax is minimal here.

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

Thank you. Not new just never sold a laptop on eBay specifically new account but not a new user. 

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

What I am irritated by is how much they charge that is all it’s just an opinion not a big deal but thank you for your reply I understand the fees. 

Message 20 of 44
latest reply

As a new account (if not a new seller) I hope you're prepared for the hold that is going to be put on your funds for this sale.  I'm predicting further irritation.

Message 21 of 44
latest reply

" Plus it was very hard to leave this review they tried stopping me from posting this several times. "

Yes, 'they' are after you, no doubt.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 22 of 44
latest reply

"Will never use this site again, horrible experience"

That sounds like a big deal, as opposed to a no big deal opinion.

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

@ra_41216 wrote:

What I am irritated by is how much they charge that is all it’s just an opinion not a big deal but thank you for your reply I understand the fees. 

Which is it?  In your opening post you said, "Will never use this site again, horrible experience" and now you say you are merely "irritated" and  "it's not a big deal."

In any event, since you are not new, merely selling on a new ID, and "understand the fees," the fees came as no surprise whether they were a "horrible experience" or "no big deal" so everything is copacetic.

Merry Christmas.

-

Message 24 of 44
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

The selling fees are the least of your concerns at this moment.  Being a relatively new seller you will be lucky if you are not scammed out of your computer.  A new seller should never list an expensive electronic item as scammers feast upon such sellers.  

Yeaahhh about that - to me, it appears the site, sooo desperate for MONEY, couldnt care less about new sellers(or ANY sellers for that matter) when they usher you through the selling process as quickly as possible without giving ANY indication of the scams and pitfalls - Its just, click the big SELL NOW link and voila' you are at the listing page without any clear indication of fees, rules, and scams - which to me is sheer negligence AT BEST...

And then there's the "Oh, signing up for managed payments? We'll worry about that later", without any indication of the invasive and  grueling process and sensitive information they will be asking for later.

Yeah they sure know how to snare a new seller... And you people posting full-time here for years? - If you were just starting out, many of you would be in the same boat as these new sellers you love to rain your lofty reprimands upon, so quit acting like they are naive to a detriment...

Message 25 of 44
latest reply

@isaiah53-57 wrote:

Yeah they sure know how to snare a new seller... And you people posting full-time here for years? - If you were just starting out, many of you would be in the same boat as these new sellers you love to rain your lofty reprimands upon, so quit acting like they are naive to a detriment...

It would appear that you did not the OP's subsequent posts, after starting the thread.  She said that she is not a new seller, merely selling under a new ID, and she said she understands the fees. 

-

Message 26 of 44
latest reply

Yeaahhh about that - the OP has stated that they are not a new seller.

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

eBay is awesome 

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

Yeaahhh about that - the OP has stated that they are not a new seller.

It really doesn't matter - The point of my post still stands in relation, and the sentiment of my post can be applied to most negative seller experiences and the resulting thrashing they receive from posting their frustrations here...

Message 29 of 44
latest reply

Yeah, I guess you're right.  eBay should post large, extensive disclaimers all over the place that selling on eBay is dangerous, confusing, perilous and not for the faint-of-heart.  This would certainly attract new sellers.  Maybe also a recommendation that sellers (especially new sellers) don't make any effort to do any research into how selling on eBay works before they start listing all of their treasures for a quick buck with no strings attached.

Message 30 of 44
latest reply