cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Hub editing for variations

I am in the process of revising and updating our SkUs to integrate with a much larger project. I have been using the new Seller Hub feature of quick edits.

Today the variations editing for custom label SKUs stopped working. I can scroll over to price and edit but the SKU field is giving stopped giving me an edit option.

Can anyone verify that the "Custom Label" field is or is not working? 

Appreciated - Dave 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Seller Hub editing for variations

Just worked for me on a single quantity listing.......have no variations......

you might try closing the page/browser and then coming back to it........

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Yes, thank you for checking. 

It is working fine for single quantity edits. Its when I go to click on variations and then individually edit the variations it no longer works. 

I have switched browsers with no further success. 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Price is the only field working. I can't even edit quantity today.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@nodr-45 wrote:

Ok thanks,  I wanted to verify its system wide.  I also can not edit quantity, only price. 

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@selecttech wrote:

@nodr-45 wrote:

Ok thanks,  I wanted to verify its system wide.  I also can not edit quantity, only price. 

Yea I actually noticed it too. Granted I only did it one time... I usually update multiple listings a day this way. I assumed the problem was because I was editing the quantity of an old listing I had listed like 5 years ago (GTC). I've never edited that one since then and thought maybe it was simply too old. Guess it was a glitch.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but related to this quick edit for MV listings, have you guys gotten a random dumb red text error when trying to change quantity of some of your variations? It is a long verbiage something related to invalid UPC or something. There's nothing wrong with my UPCs or anything, but it always forces me to just go to revise the old fashioned (slower) way.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@selecttech wrote:

@nodr-45 wrote:

It appears to be working correctly now.  I just tried to edit a variations listings and was given the option to edit the custom label section from the seller hub active listing page.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@selecttech wrote:

@nodr-45 wrote:

It appears to be working correctly now.  I just tried to edit a variations listings and was given the option to edit the custom label section from the seller hub active listing page.

Good Luck Selling!

It's still not working for me. I'm able to change the Custom Label in the listing in the Active Listings page (I don't know if I was able to do that yesterday since I didn't check). But when I go into the variations page of the listing I'm unable to edit anything... custom label, quantity, price. There's no pencil icon to click there.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I be sure we are speaking about the same thing.  I am in the active listing page and trying to make changes to Price, quantity, custom labels, All are working correctly for me.

Up to date Chrome browser on a home PC.

Maybe clear your cache files and reboot?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

I be sure we are speaking about the same thing.  I am in the active listing page and trying to make changes to Price, quantity, custom labels, All are working correctly for me.

Up to date Chrome browser on a home PC.

Maybe clear your cache files and reboot?

Good Luck Selling!

No, what you are talking about is working just fine. The OP speaking specifically when you have an active multi-variations listing on the Active Listings page, then you click into the submenu of a multi-variation listing to expand your variations (it takes you to the Manage Variations Page, not the Manage Active Listings Page).

edit.jpg

This quick edit function has always had problems with the Manage Variations page giving errors and such when you try to edit. But now ebay removed the functionality altogether. The pencil icon doesn't even show up anymore and we are forced to edit the old fashioned way by: going to the listing>clicking "revise">clicking on "edit variations">edit the fields>click "save and close">click on "update listing">click on "continue listing" on that dumb ebay reminder to don't list things OOS.

You can see the old fashioned way is MUUUUCH slower, especially for those of us with MV listings.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

okay.  From the active listings page then using the manage variations page I only have options to change the price.  I do not get the pencil edit option for quantity or custom label.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

okay.  From the active listings page then using the manage variations page I only have options to change the price.  I do not get the pencil edit option for quantity or custom label.

Good Luck Selling!

Yea, it sounds like this issue is sitewide then. I wonder what caused ebay to remove that functionality for MV listings. It'll be a heck of a time again when I restock inventory.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

brian@ebay 

@Anonymous 

can you let us know if this is a reverse in functionality or if it is a temporary glitch please.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@nodr-45 wrote:

brian@ebay 

@Anonymous 

can you let us know if this is a reverse in functionality or if it is a temporary glitch please.

Hi @nodr-45@selecttech, I've just tried this out and do have the pencil edit icon for quantity and custom label. Are you still running into this issue or is it also working normally for you now too?

Brian,
Community Team
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@nodr-45 wrote:

brian@ebay 

@Anonymous 

Hi @nodr-45@selecttech, I've just tried this out and do have the pencil edit icon for quantity and custom label. Are you still running into this issue or is it also working normally for you now too?

Hey thanks for checking in on this issue. It didn't wok for several days and came back working on either Friday or Saturday, so we are all good now.  - Dave 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply