cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“See Original Item” on Solds not working

I’m trying to open some “solds” on listings so I can look at condition and read the descriptions of what is included so I can fairly price my item. I can no longer see others’ sold listings. Is this a new “feature” or have I hit a setting accidentally that made this disappear? 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: “See Original Item” on Solds not working

I suppose first off it depends on how old of a 'Sold' listing you are looking at, and/or if it was fully 'ended' or is an active item that is just out-of-stock (OoS).

Ended ones, but ended less than 90 days (roughly) ago, you might see the below, where they give you someone else's similar listing, but you can still click View Original Listing.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 145154.png

Older than that, they are just gone.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for reaching out. I am trying to look at anything at all from last week, last month, even yesterday. Absolutely unable to open anyone else’s “Solds”. I hope it’s just a glitch.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@d.clawed 

Don't forget that you have Terapeak. >> Terapeak Product Research - eBay Seller Hub

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Doesn’t work there either. Tried to open a couple of things there too. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@d.clawed wrote:

Doesn’t work there either. Tried to open a couple of things there too. 

@d.clawed 

^^^ Terapeak is working for me. (Also, the 'View original listing' button that @rosszonebricks mentioned works for me.)

What are the search words you're using in Terapeak?

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Thank you for checking! I am trying to look up a Dept 56 Sledding Hill. Just wanting to look at some pictures of what others have included and their price points. I’ve tried it on the full website, on the ap, in Terapeak, off Terapeak.  I am locked out and it’s kind of freaking me out. This is such a vital part of listing and setting your prices.  Maybe I’m in a Test Zone”. Ugh. 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

When you say "locked out", do you mean you can't see the "View Orig listing" button doesn't work, isn't there or what? 

If you can't see it, try closing browser......checking to see if it's updated and then reopening........

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

IMG_1862.png

I can see the “See Original Item” button (first picture), but then when I click on it I get nothing (second picture).  I’m very nervous this is a beta test. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Picture two.

IMG_1863.png

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@d.clawed  that looks like the app, are you able to still view the original listing on a desktop or using a mobile browser instead of hte app?

There have been a lot of recent bugs reported with the app so I think it's probably more likely a glitch than a beta test but it's hard to say.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I am adding to this thread because I am having the same problem.  Can only see the listing, but can't actually open it to look at anything.  Same goes for Terapeak - you can't open any of the links to listings.  

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@d.clawed I can confirm I'm able to replicate the issue in the Android app, version 6.145.2.1.

The link is there, but when you tap it, that whole section just disappears.

pro-2zGnSOUs.jpeg

pro-WyntkCBc.jpeg

I can also confirm that I am still able to navigate to this seller's sold items, select that specific item, and view the original listing on a desktop browser.

I'd suggest doing that as a work around for now.

devon@ebay  kyle@ebay elizabeth@ebay  can you report this to the correct department please?

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I have the same problem. I'm always scratching my head when people on here go into big descriptions about sold items on a post. I can't see them so I have no idea what they are talking about, or how they can see them. I get a message that says it was sold and no longer available to view, even if it was only a day or so old. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for the idea. I went to my desktop (that I never use) and yes, I can still see solds details. Won’t help me when researching in the field! Good to know I don’t have some kind of “account-based” restriction. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply