cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrounge Lounge For $$$December$$$ Good Luck All

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-November-2017/td-p/27558535/page/6

Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: Scrounge Lounge For $$$December$$$ Good Luck All

Morning all. Supposed to be raining here, but it's white lol

I've been so busy keeping up with my NIB kid stuff I haven't listed hardly any Christmas this year.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 91 of 147
latest reply

Yes Laurie,      Pat has had a lot of sales this month.     So many different christmas things.     Nice to see.   Fun stuff.   

Well Looking you can start listing the christmas stuff maybe it will sell this winter.   

Message 92 of 147
latest reply

Morning...

Thanks all for the congrats!  Have def. had some surprising sales this season!!

Have been busy helping OS out, w/the broken leg.

Mr. took him in for his ck-up last week, and sadly it's not healed yet, but it's only been 6 weeks.

He did go in to work last Friday for the 1st time since he broke it.

1 of his co-workers is picking him up, helping him get in the bldg. & then bringing him home at night.  Nice bunch of people he's working with...

I've spent so much time running back n forth to his house that I'm a bit behind on our things here, other than listing.  With Christmas this next week I have to get busy...

I haven't had time to catch up on this months thread yet, but thank you Patd for the new shiny...

We have warm weather here again but it's supposed to get cold again this weekend.

I'm watching Aaron tomorrow so going to take him out to lunch & then take him to see his great grandmother for a little while.  I know it'll cheer her up to see him...

I have to get going, as I have laundry to get done & also going to try to get a couple more items listed for this weekend. 

Will try to make it back in before Christmas

Pat

Message 93 of 147
latest reply

Pat, congrats on your Xmas sales.  Should certainly make for a merrier!

If my poor memory serves  me, I think one of my uncles brought back some that looked like the stars after WWII.  Could they be that old?

Patd

Message 94 of 147
latest reply

BTW, Pat, has your son thought of getting a second opinion on his leg and it's healing?

Patd

Message 95 of 147
latest reply

Each year we put out our D56 Christmas Story pieces. Amazing what they are bringing these days.

And, oh yes. Our daughter got married on Sunday!
Message 96 of 147
latest reply

Wow Kyal - an afterthought ? LOL Congratulations to the couple and their respective parents.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 97 of 147
latest reply

@kyal wrote:
Each year we put out our D56 Christmas Story pieces. Amazing what they are bringing these days.

And, oh yes. Our daughter got married on Sunday!

In the correct order, firstly congrats on the nuptuals.  Both our girls are engaged, wife was with the eldest last night looking at dresses.

For most of the D56 stuff it's sad how little it brings, very few bring even close to their original price, and only a very, very few have a high value.  When I purchase D56 items from people they are more shocked at how little value most of them now have.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 98 of 147
latest reply

Yes it is amazing how little value those dept 56 houses and stuff have. That market sure did drop. Used to be an amazing way to make money.
I once went to an auction where they sold the ladies collection for the entire day. She had a huge supply of houses and acc. I made some good money off that auction. I always wondered how much the total she spent on them would have been.
Message 99 of 147
latest reply

Just a quick pop in

Just got back from taking Aaron back home.  We had a great time today with him 🙂

Congrats to the Newly Weds!  Wishing them a lifetime of happiness!

Patd---OS is going to the best Ortho dr. in town.  I guess they must do things differently now, but everyone I've spoken to says the same thing.  He should've had surgery for the break...

Have to get dinner going...

Have a nice evening all & remember tonights the finale of Survivor 😞

poof!

Message 100 of 147
latest reply

Kyal, congrats to DD. Much happiness to the newlyweds.

Pat, I always enjoy viewing your listings, very nice sales.
Is DS's leg showing improvement at least?
I'm glad you enjoyed your time with Aaron.

Patd, nice finish on the face jug.

Laurie, enjoy your venison.
I never heard of Opera either. That's my learn something new.

I thought this would be a relaxing week but I underestimated the time it would take to get my Christmas cards done. Now I'm two days behind on baking. There is still plenty of time but tomorrow DD is bringing her three cats (for us to cat-sit). I don't know what to expect but I'm guessing it will present a few challenges in the way that I work (if I want to keep cat hair out of the goodies).

DD and her SO leave for San Diego Friday morning. We'll have the cats until next year (they come back the 2nd).

Message 101 of 147
latest reply

Challenges was an understatement!
Baby Cat, the youngest, has explored every flat surface in the house and he's nosy so I have no idea how I'll be able to bake or cook or even eat without him trying to "help." This is the cat that will use up every one of his nine lives. I found him on top of the bathroom door. Lord knows how he got up there. I heard the meow, saw the door move, thought he was behind it, nope. Then it moved again. I looked up and there he was with no idea how to get down.

Bing, the middle cat, is skittish. I haven't seen him since he arrived. I'm wondering how long I should give him before I grow concerned.

Dude, the oldest cat, falls somewhere in between. He's checked the place out, found his food, water and littler box, but mostly he's hanging out or hiding in DD's old room.

Message 102 of 147
latest reply

Well Kay, they are being kitties and keeping life interesting!

The old dude probably smells your DD in her room and likes the familiar odor.

We've had kitties on top of doors, refrigerators and trying to grab the angel off our then 10' Christmas tree.

Their window on the outside world was smelling the feet of our dogs and our footsteps in the house.  They follow a stranger in our house by their footsteps.

You can't make a kitty follow your rules!   You need to adjust your rules for them, most of the time.

Have fun and Merry Christmas!

Patd

Message 103 of 147
latest reply

Day three with the cat trio - they keep me on my toes but things have settled a bit. Bing the scaredy cat has come out of hiding long enough to eat, drink and visit the litter box. Dude remains cautious but will wander around at his leisure. Baby Cat has earned the nickname Krazy-Kat but even he is more relaxed and naps.

Just in case I don't get back, I want to wish everyone a happy Christmas.
Message 104 of 147
latest reply

Hi All

I hope everyone is having a nice Holiday Weekend 🙂  Only another day & Santa will be coming down the chimney!

House is clean, presents are under the tree & food is all cooked.  Everyone should be here in about another hour or so....  We  wanted to wait until Ethan could be here.  He's in-between jobs right now so this is the 1st weekend that he's been free.

Kay, that's cute about the cats all having different personalities.

When we had our cat he wasn't allowed on any furniture or counter tops anywhere in the house.  I didn't want hair all over the place so we taught him to 'stay down off of things'.

The only time he could get on the back of the couch was if his blanket was up there.  If it wasn't on the back, he'd sit on the floor & mew until I put it in his place.  Then he'd jump up & nap. 

One evening he must've had a bad dream.  Mr. & I were watching tv & Fred was on his blanket.  All of a sudden   the poor thing fell smack on the floor ! Cat Surprised

He did sleep at the foot of our bed, but again his blanket had to be there before he'd lay down.

Of course though, it's hard telling what he did when we weren't home...

I miss having a pet but they're so expensive anymore....

I 'still' haven't made any Christmas cookies.  Aaron & I were going to make some Wednesday when I watched him all day but we ran out of time....

Have to go & get changed out of 'clean the house & cook' clothes & get into something a bit more presentable...

Have a nice evening all

& remember.....  Santa is watching everyone so be good Smiley Wink

Message 105 of 147
latest reply