cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrounge Lounge For $$$December$$$ Good Luck All

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-November-2017/td-p/27558535/page/6

Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Pat, I'd want to train 'my cat' to stay off the table and counter tops. Despite our good intentions previous pets (dogs) were always allowed on the sofa and that would probably stay the same. Though I like the idea of blanket training.

DD's house is more pet friendly than mine. It was sort of a last minute decision to leave them with us so I'm learning as I go. For example leaving a twisty tie or rubber band out is a big no-no.

Enjoy your family get together tonight.
Message 106 of 147
latest reply

hi all..

Wishing you all a very MERRY Christmas!

Kay, funny stories with the cat antics! Mine is way too big to get on top of a door!!  She has to make several mental lunges just to get 3 feet up lol.   I use blankets on the backs of the couches too but she couldn't care less if there is one on there or not. She does like a blanket on my lap though and if there is none, she will linger til I put one on, then she will jump right up. Funny creatures.  That's a lot of new company for you two, Kay!

Not doing much here (except buying some T bones or sirloins etc for dinner tomorrow), have one mini tree out,  no gifts, didn't even send cards.; fine with "us", may go out to my sisters tonight but haven't decided, my son is here and has been since the 29th ..he got a job soon after at the creamery just a couple blocks from here (some friends he knows that work there asked when he was going to show up, so he went up there and got hired), and he works tonight, all overnights,  12 hour shifts, constantly bagging dry milk at 55 lbs a bag, stacking onto pallets, physical work on an almost constant basis is like a 12 hour workout.  I'm pretty sure he's staying ...til??? We were planning on going up N. to get his tools etc on Christmas Day, but then I ended up with appointments the two days after Xmas, and I just can't do it. Better plan to wait a few days. 

Saw my surgeon again 2 weeks after the cortisone shot, which helped a little but seems I'm back to square one again so he's ordered some different therapies, another MRI and ultrasound/heat? therapy, as well as more focused PT and massage.  "spinal stenosis" now...UGH.   I knew I had a kink in my lower spine, lowest point, when I had an xray taken at the chiropractor here way before I had hip surgery, now he's recognizing that as part of this new diagnosis.   Anytime you hear the word syndrome, that means many connecting parts that all effect each other.

Plus I've got dental appointments coming up, had a couple and now need to replace a cap and some other maintenance....never ending saga.  

Pat, hope your son doesn't have to have that leg re broken or whatever they do if surgery is needed.

Survivor: great ending, so glad Ben won!!

Laurie, glad you got to see Dale! and enjoy your venison treats! I noticed venison was on the menu on that tv show this week, Hell's Kitchen.  I don't usually watch that but in short spurts.

Merry Merry All!

Message 107 of 147
latest reply

Oh I FINALLY sold my bunny boots (to that lady in WI)! They got there a day early, Friday, and she says her husband was 'thrilled'! So great for us both!

My nieces two year anniversary from lungs transplant was yesterday! What a great gift for her!!
Message 108 of 147
latest reply

I've been on a baking/cooking jag on Netflix lately, so might get Hulu as well as that's the one that seems to have a lot of shows like Hell's Kitchen and such and 2 services are still cheaper than cable. Especially as I can watch a lot of stuff at work on free Wifi = )

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 109 of 147
latest reply

Kay, it's very hard to train a cat what it can & can't do, but in time Fred got the message 😉

It seemed longer, but it took less than 2 weeks.

Plus your 3 visitors are I'm sure, still in the 'checking the new digs out' phase 😉

Message 110 of 147
latest reply

Wtg on the sale of the Bunny Boots.  Glad it worked out.

So nice your son is home with you.  Will make for a very Merry Christmas for you.

& also Congrats to the niece on her 2 yr. Anniv. 

We have the house all straightened up & put back together after last nights get together....

We're in the middle of a snow storm right now, so I'm getting ready to 'garb up' & go out & get some shoveling done...

It's still coming down but I'd like to try to stay ahead of it...

Can't believe it's almost 4 already!  Where did the day go???

Message 111 of 147
latest reply

Great on the sale of those boots MM.

Merry Christmas Everyone.
Message 112 of 147
latest reply

Merry Christmas to All!!

Snowing steadily here now, so I guess we do get to have a White Christmas = )

Just hope it doesn't snow TOO much as I'm here alone tonight & do NOT feel the love for shovelling, especially when it's 13° outside. Mind you that's better than the 7° it was when I did my last burst of shopping at 4am Sat morning lol

Message 113 of 147
latest reply

Snow is still falling. Looks pretty = )

I'll give it another hour or so before I shovel the walks, make it worth my while lol

Message 114 of 147
latest reply

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all scroungers, sloungers, lurkers and watchers.  Hope it's a happy day for all.

Laurie

My broom brakes for all thrift stores.
Message 115 of 147
latest reply

Merry Christmas
I hope that all of you have a happy day.

M*M, congrats on the bunny boot sale. Glad it worked out.
It's nice that your son is there with you for Christmas. Sorry your trip north has to be postponed. Wonderful that your niece is celebrating two years and wishing her many more.

I was happy to see Ben be the final survivor though there was really no one that I didn't like in the end.

Pat, I'm doing little to "train" the cats since it's all temporary. Each day gets a little easier/calmer.

Lookng, do you like to cook and/or bake? I ask because I was on a food channel binge last year, I couldn't get enough, yet I hate to cook and seldom bake, lol. Currently I'm on a historic drama binge.

Once again, to all, I wish you a Happy Christmas.
Message 116 of 147
latest reply

From our home to yours, Merry Christmas!

Thank you for being my online friends, source of help and humor!

BigBoy wishes his late night friends the same.

Patd

Message 117 of 147
latest reply

Kay I do, and I've promised myself a Kitchenaid stand mixer sometime next year.

But first I have to clear all the unlisted eBay stuff out of the kitchen = )

Message 118 of 147
latest reply

Merry Christmas to 1 & All !

I hope Santa was good to everyone & that you all have a Great Day!!

Message 119 of 147
latest reply

Snowing hard here so Christmas visitors are not coming. So a quiet Christmas here for us.

Merry Christmas and be safe out there.

MM so happy your son is there for a while. Will be great for you. Nice he found a job so quickly too.

Stay safe Looking. Hope the streets aren't too slick.
Message 120 of 147
latest reply