cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrounge Lounge For $$$December$$$ Good Luck All

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-November-2017/td-p/27558535/page/6

Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Message 2 of 147
latest reply

You're Late!!!!

Hehehehe.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 147
latest reply

Month is starting out good, picked up a new lot of items for a decent price, already sold some if it.  Weekend has been steady not quite as much as hoped but better than it could be.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 4 of 147
latest reply

Yep, Dtex... better late than ...

M&M, so glad your eye deal went well.  You don't know how badly your sight has become until you have it done.

Our DIL's mother had a 'reader' lens put in one eye so she doesn't have to wear glasses (oh, vanity.)  Don't know how that works with driving, etc.

Got some stuff out to photograph today.  Think the flash has died on my old camera 😞  Don't use it often.

Have a beautiful week.

Patd

Message 5 of 147
latest reply

Thanks for the new sheets, Patd! and thanks for all the happy birthday wishes too!..and the successful cataract "deal" ha, Sun and Patd and Laurie!

Just waking up, gotta go do eyedrops, have mised the 4th one the last two nights, I go to bed too early.

Yes, Patd, amazing how clear my left eye is, and the right that was the better one is really bad in comparison now.

Message 6 of 147
latest reply

ThHewell Face JugHewell Face Jug

Message 7 of 147
latest reply

This is one of my Face Jug by Grace Nell Hewell.  See, it is not too bad.  Grace died in 2016 at the age of 83 and was a noted Georgia/Southern Potter from Gillsville GA.  Her whole family are potters.

Patd

Message 8 of 147
latest reply

Thanks, PatD, for the December lounge!

Laurie

My broom brakes for all thrift stores.
Message 9 of 147
latest reply

I've been checking out the news at AOL, and shaking my head.  Every day, it seems like another man is fired or demoted or some such because of allegations of sexual misonduct, **bleep**, etc.

But our own Minnesota Garrison K, from his own Lake Wobegon?  I'm finding that one very hard to believe.

Laurie

Message 10 of 147
latest reply

This my first post in your mighty loung wonder if you can help me ID this rug  (about 6x3)  tag  says 35% rayon, 25% cotton, 40% "Wool in Cotton, not very clear", and made in France. Any info would be apprecited age worth etc LONG.JPGTAG.JPG

Message 11 of 147
latest reply

That is what they told my husband he could have almost perfect vision if he goes to colorado and has his eyes done. We have not done the tests yet to see if both eyes need done or not. That eye dr said you had to have the same thing done to both eyes though. Same lenses or you would not be able to see correctly. But the lady you are talking about Patd, only had one eye done?
Message 12 of 147
latest reply

200roses, the only thing I can tell you about that rug is that it's beautiful, which I'm sure you already know.  I hope someone will pop in today who knows the information you are looking for.

Laurie

Message 13 of 147
latest reply

Patd, thanks for the shiny new thread.
That is one creepy jug! Looking at it leaves me with a disturbing feeling. I don't know why.

200roses, that's a lovely rug. Sorry I know nothing about it.

Miss M, I'm pleased your surgery went well and hope you are able to get the other eye done quickly.

Yard sale season has concluded. There are still estate sales but I don't like them as much. Besides, I enjoy taking a break, especially over the holidays. Though we have hit a few church bazaars mostly crafts not white elephants but DH is drawn to the bake sales.

Message 14 of 147
latest reply

Hey Sun.  As far as I remember, she had both done - a normal lens in one eye first and a reader lens in the other.  Your hubby won't realize how poorly he is seeing until after he has the cataract surgery done.  Just see what M*M had to say.

Patd

Message 15 of 147
latest reply