cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrounge Lounge For $$$December$$$ Good Luck All

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-November-2017/td-p/27558535/page/6

Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: Scrounge Lounge For $$$December$$$ Good Luck All

Yeah, we've been 'mild' (as in no snow) as well. I think before this our only snow day this winter was over a month ago now and it was only a couple of inches. It has been cold though - mid to high 20s most of the time (and yes I know that's not 'cold' to a lot of you folks lol)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 76 of 147
latest reply

Yeah, Looking, that wouldn't feel terribly cold.  It's been warmer here than normal, though, most years the lakes are all frozen solid by Thanksgiving but the lake behind our building only has a thin crust of ice yet.   The weather site says we'll probably have snow today.

I am soooo tired of reading all about all the men who have been accused of sexual harrasment etc.  The women just seem to keep coming with their accusations and the men simply deny or downplay an event.

Over the past month or two, I've also read of three female school teachers who went to prison for 10 - 30 years because they had sexual elations with some of their male students.   I didn't see that there was any arguing or diiscussions before they were imprisioned?  If there was, I must have missed that.

Laurie

My broom brakes for all thrift stores.
Message 77 of 147
latest reply

OPERA?  The only opera I know of is where people sing.  What does this OPERA you speak of stand for?  ??

Laurie

Message 78 of 147
latest reply

@sunfarmer wrote:
That is a good idea Laurie. Should be a quick trip for the mail between the two states. Glad you are feeling better.

I will have my usual stuff listed thru the holidays. I even listed some new stuff yesterday.

I'm still listing stuff we bought last weekend and this week.  Sales are surprisingly brisk for this close to Christmas.  I'll be leaving it all up as last year I did well through the end of January.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 79 of 147
latest reply

Laurie, Opera is another program like IE, Firefox or chrome.  Some work better with different programs such as eBay.

Do y'all mean we have beat you out with our 10-12" of snow in po' little Georgia?  It is mostly gone except in the shade.  It did a real pruning job on the pines, magnolia and some other trees.

Listed my face jug and it sold today.  Have another similar by Grace and some larger ones by other potters.  Hhhmmm, may have tolist a few more 🙂

Big Boy is sitting here ready for bed.  Patd

Message 80 of 147
latest reply

Laurie yes I think we are all tired of reading about and hearing about these men and their treatment of women.    Sad deal all the way around.     On the women that slept with their students, on such case was made into a movie several years ago I think.    Sure seems like it anyway.    Really a bad deal too.   But these guys do not seem to go to jail over all this.    Just get fired or resign?    Does not seem right to me.  

Patd you have had more snow then we have had.    We have not had anything for several months.   Had some snow in October and some in September but not much since.    Crazy weather.    Some nice wet snow sure would help the trees and the wheat.    

Message 81 of 147
latest reply

Pat congratulations on the sale of those German Christmas Stars. Amazing price. Way to go.
Message 82 of 147
latest reply

Laurie, just the name of another op system like firefox or IE.

Haen't seen the german stars but sounds great, congrats to pat!
Message 83 of 147
latest reply

yup, look, 20s are chilly for sure!
Real decent today though, 29 now and I was out early for a dental appt,...no wind which makes it super mild!
Message 84 of 147
latest reply

woopsie, didn't see that right off, patd, ty.

congrats on the face jug sale!!! great!
Message 85 of 147
latest reply

geez, big amtrak train wreck, off a bridge onto a highway, sounds terrible.
Message 86 of 147
latest reply

Western Washington - just awful, at least 6 dead.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 87 of 147
latest reply

Thanks for that explanation of OPERA, Pat D.  Never heard of it before.

Laurie

Message 88 of 147
latest reply

My twin was here visiting on Sunday. As usual after deer season, he came laden with venison for me.  My favorite meat.

Laurie

Message 89 of 147
latest reply

Sun, I went and looked at Pat's completed auctions.  Wow, she's had a lot of great sales of Christmas ornaments in December!

Laurie

Message 90 of 147
latest reply