cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrounge Lounge For $$$December$$$ Good Luck All

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-November-2017/td-p/27558535/page/6

Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: Scrounge Lounge For $$$December$$$ Good Luck All

@sunfarmer wrote:
I am sure that this could be an after Christmas purchase with gift money too. I would not stress about that. There must have been many buyers to drive the price so high.

It's from the first year D56 made Dickens Village buildings and was their "special limited edition" piece for that year, hand numbered and only 2500 made.  Not sure how many of them remain in near perfect condition.....

I'm in no hurry, will just relist / sell similar until the right rich fool  buyer wanders by.....

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 61 of 147
latest reply

Has anyone seen or heard from Laurie?

She seems to be MIA.

Patd

Message 62 of 147
latest reply

Yes, she has been MIA, patd...I was just going to email her but just ate some pasta and now I have to take a nap. I'll catch up with her later today, have to get groceries, so cold out I don't want to. Oh it's not that bad, only 32. Still don't wanna. I went to bed late last night. later than usual, sunset
Message 63 of 147
latest reply

I've had a bug of some sort, so have been curled up in my recliner or else back in bed.  I'm on the mend now, I think. 

Wow, almost Christmas.  Is anyone going to leave listings running right through Christmas and New Years?  I've still nothing listed this year but when I did have I picked up a couple of sales over holidays.

Laurie

My broom brakes for all thrift stores.
Message 64 of 147
latest reply

Laurie, thanks for checking in.  Please take care of yourself and get to feeling well again.

Yep, I'm letting listings run ... hopefully someone will be looking.  Had a few little sales lately.  Sold the last of the Royal Doultin Miniature Ladies.  Had a bunch of them and made some nice $$$.  Even have something to get out tomorrow!

OK, big boy is here demanding his attention before bedtime!  Patd

Message 65 of 147
latest reply

Thar she is! Hope you feel up to par sooner than later, Laurie.

Early bird here, up at 3 am just thinking...relisted some stuff at CL, and fb buy sell. I finally got back into the local buy sell but only on OPERA. No clue why that is, I'm back and forth between O and FF
Sold a couple itty bitties early this week here, need to do more so, yes, I'll have a few things on over the holidays.
Message 66 of 147
latest reply

What gorgeous dishes you are selling, PatD.  I haven't seen that red cut to clear that are ending this morning for a long time!  Beautiful other dishes, too, and other things,  but those in particular caught my eye.  Your photos are great.

Plugges in my perculator to make fresh coffee to get my brain on track this morning and it makes such a cheerful sound, not to mention the great smell.

Laurie

Message 67 of 147
latest reply

Hi, M*M Jill.  Thanks for jerking me loose from my seclusion!  Daughter told me you had called so I emailed you.  Hope you could sell enough from home that you won't have to go back into the "real world" for income producing work!

Laurie

Message 68 of 147
latest reply

YW Laurie!! Yes, wouldn't that be nice.
I will check that email in a bit. Had to go take a nap...Got another inquiry on bunny boots yesterday, got shipping for her, sent her my address, (asked me how she could pay, I mentioned PP) then silence the rest of the day, she is from WI so shipping was less than $12. Pretty good deal at 8 lbs. hoping I'll hear from her again.
Message 69 of 147
latest reply

Jill, why not tell the woman in Wisconsin that she can pay you by postal money order?  She can mail that to you and you can cash it in at the post office when you mail her the bunny boots.

Laurie

Message 70 of 147
latest reply

Yes, I was going to....my favorite form of cash too, but, again, haven't heard back. She is probably paranoid, who knows. It's only 75 miles away, if that, she will contact me if she's serious, sounded like it, said her husband would love them
Message 71 of 147
latest reply

That is a good idea Laurie. Should be a quick trip for the mail between the two states. Glad you are feeling better.

I will have my usual stuff listed thru the holidays. I even listed some new stuff yesterday.
Message 72 of 147
latest reply

plus, it was an afterthought. I can't even find those messages. She is not on the same b/s/t page, just found me by searching "within so many miles"...
ack. makes me tired.
Message 73 of 147
latest reply

Woke up to 4" of snow, glad I don't have to work tonight. Will deal with it in the morning.

I leave my stuff running right through the Holidays.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 74 of 147
latest reply

Jeers on the snow, Y.
Glad you don't have to go out too.
we've only had about 5 inches so far, average is 15 by this time so YAY.
Next week the deep freeze starts. It's been very mild so far.
Message 75 of 147
latest reply