cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scroll bar missing on listing view page with Chrome

The right hand scroll bar is missing when I try to view an individual listing page so I cannot access the description of the item. I have cleared all cookies from browser etc but the problem still exists. This problem only occurs when using Chrome (have updated still no joy). If I use Firefox the scroll bar is there.  This might explain why my views have gone up but my sales have tanked.  Is anyone else having the same problem? Viewing on mobile is fine but on PC/laptop the scroll bar disappears.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @wildlily07 this is a known issue on our end and we're working on resolving it ASAP, thanks for working with us! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

View Best Answer in original post

Message 24 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

I only ever use Chrome with eBay and my scrolling is fine [laptop user]

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 44
latest reply

Just read another post on the Mentor boards ''Is there a problem with ebay??? I cannot scroll to read descriptions on a idiviual item . The bar is just not there. Thank you''

Seems this may be a glitch

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 44
latest reply

thanks for reply but ive just logged on to my works brand new  laptop which also uses chrome and the problem is the same, no scroll bar showing on individual listing pages.  Its there when showing search results but when I click on the item to view the scroll bar disappears. I am in the UK so perhaps that has something to do with the difference between your screen showing the scroll bar and mine not? At least I know its not just my laptop now, but what does that mean for Ebay buyers who may be experiancing the same issue? 

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

Ah thanks. Bit more reassuing that its probably an Ebay glitch. Typical when I took day off my day job to clean up my account and schedule listings. Wish Ebay would just acknowledge these glitches then we wouldnt waste so much time trying unworkable fixes.

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

I can't scroll, can't sell or list without this feature.

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

thought it was me, been trying ages to rectify this problem it was ok yesterday but today the scroll bar has dissapeared when going to a  specific page to view the description.  Using Microsoft edge maybe it is a general ebay issue?

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

SAME THING here since at least 6:00 a.m. this morning. I cannot scroll on the individual listings therefore you cannot see what you are bidding or trying to buy, as full description not there due to scroll issues!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

I have Edge too....  closed my store for the weekend and decided to go fishing instead of manning the fort...  too much liability if buyers can't read the description. 

HEY Ebay fix it!  Maybe try removing the go daddy sell on Amazon video link I had on the top of a listing.

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

@toysaver 

Nice to see you again! Hope you catch a big one!🐟

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

@wildlily07 wrote:

Is anyone else having the same problem? Viewing on mobile is fine but on PC/laptop the scroll bar disappears.

I see what you mean (viewing a listing using Chrome on a Windows 10 desktop). I have to admit that I never noticed when it disappeared, as I usually scroll the page using either the thumbwheel on the mouse, the cursor arrow keys on the keyboard, or the Page Up/Page Down keys, all of which still work normally for me. Are you able to use any of those techniques instead?

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

I can scroll up and down using the scroll down etc keys but not the arrow keys. But Im wondering how our buyers are managing without the scroll bar or are they just clicking away in frustration.  

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

Thank you, I never thought of the arrow keys - they do work but it's like using push mower.  

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Thank you,  I really just go to work on my tan.  I hate fish but love tartar sauce.

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

I see the same thing this morning when I click on an individual listing. Same using Edge or Chrome.

Message 15 of 44
latest reply