cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales down 50% since GTC Change...NICE!!!

Well its official...Since the wonderful GTC change was released?  My sales are now down by 50%...Thank you eBay!!!  And I do not want to hear:

1) It's the time of year, NOT the GTC change

BULL **bleep**   !! Ok...I am selling high ticket EXTREMELY popular items, iphones have (or at least they HAD) an 85% sell through rate on eBay..It doesnt matter what time of year it is, they SELL CONSISTENTLY and QUICKLY...But NOT anymore!!!  I did over 20,000 in sales in JANUARY THIS YEAR..

JANUARY WHICH IS THE WORST TIME OF YEAR..FEBRUARY WAS NOT TOO FAR OFF FROM THAT, BUT I BOUGHT LESS AND HAD LESS INVENTORY TO SELL, BUT IT ALL SOLD...March??? Sales RIGHT IN THE TOILET, THE LOWEST MONTH I HAVE HAD SINCE I STARTED DOING THIS..AND APRIL AINT LOOKING ANY BETTER ALREADY..So please save the ITS THE TIME OF YEAR **bleep**..

2) You havent given it enough time yet

I dont need to give this anymore "time" to see the OBVIOUS destructive impact this is having to MY business...

When someone cuts off your arm?  Do you "keep giving it time" to make sure you're going to BLEED TO DEATH AND DIE??  Or do you immediately try to rectify the problem and run to the hospital??  Just as I would know that having my arm cut off would prove to be fatal??  I KNEW this was GTC IDIOCY was going to be fatal as well...And sales down 50%?? IS DEFINITE PROOF right now that I was right..

I am bleeding to DEATH, and eventually?  I will be dead as a business...DEAD

3) But you'll be getting more google traffic, and therefore more sales

Really??  Ok..So wheres all the google traffic??  Where are all my newly realized GOOGLE DRIVEN SALES???  Cause I dont SEE ANY..I dont see ANYTHING BUT SALES DOWN 50%!!!  Thats all I SEE...Would someone like to SHOW ME ALL THE SALES I AM GETTING FROM "GOOGLE" AND ALL THIS IMAGINARY MONEY I'm supposed to making?  Because let me tell you something = I WAS MAKING MONEY BEFORE!!!  NOW IM NOT...Do I need more proof here that this is NOT WORKING???

4) The GTC change makes things more convenient for you..Because now you never have to re-list, and your listings will gain valuable watchers and a sales history, which will help you make more sales..

Hmmmmmmmmm...Actually NO THATS NOT CORRECT...I sell ONE OFF ITEMS..Everything is ONE OFF, and I have NO repeat inventory or MULTIPLES of items...So what does this mean for me?  Well, I still HAVE TO RELIST, BECAUSE I LIST EVERY ITEM INDIVIDUALLY ANYWAY!!  MY lisitngs also are GONE AND DOWN when they sell, because there was only ONE in the FIRST PLACE..So NO I dont get any sales HISTORY..And guess what?  I DONT WANT WATCHERS!! I WANT BUYERS!!!  Watchers do NOTHING FOR ME UNTIL THEY BUY...THE SHORT TIME FRAMES GOT THEM TO BUY.   GTC?? Gets them to WATCH.

5) Well this is how it is now..You'll just have to adapt to this new change and make the best of it.  It's great for some sellers.

Yeah, well when someone puts my balls in a vice, and makes decisions that effectively put me out of business???  My solution is not to ADAPT..My solution is to A) Get my balls out of that vice by any means necessary and B) Go someplace where I can actually make money again...If I was selling in a Mall where I was renting a Kiosk for $1000 a month?? (which is about what I pay to eBay or more) And that mall took AWAY my best selling tool to MAKE SALES I HAD??  Guess what??  IM OUT OF THERE..IM NOT GOING TO ADAPT..

And as far as this being "great for SOME sellers" and not effecting them?  Yeah, I'd assume those were the sellers that GTC WAS ALREADY WORKING FOR.  They ALREADY HAD AN OPTION THAT WAS WORKING FOR THEM..WHAT THE HE LL SENSE DOES IT MAKE TO TAKE AWAY MY OPTION THAT WAS WORKING WONDERS FOR ME?????????????  IF SOMETHING IS "NOT" GREAT FOR ALL SELLERS??  YOU DONT FORCE EVERYONE TO DO IT!!

6) eBay wouldnt make decision like this to hurt your sales..They make money when you make money.  They know what they are doing, dont worry..

Hmmmm yeah logically I would think that, but SADLY??  Thats not the CASE HERE..eBay has made the decision here (whether intentionally or NOT), to do something that HAS CUT MY SALES IN HALF!!!  So now, they are effectively making HALF THE MONEY TOO..So do I now follow along with MORON LUNATICS who would do something this bizarre and ridiculous to BOTH OF US?  Or do I finally see and understand that these people just have ABSOLUTELY no idea what they are doing, and do I get off this sinking SHIP finally, once and for all...

I think this is seriously it for me on here...I can't really find anymore reasons to stay...This website is now completely **bleep**, and these idiots arent going to correct this..

Even if this change costs them BILLIONS?  My prediction would be that they wont budge on this, just to save FACE they won't fix it...Staying here is like watching a train wreck..Happening right on your front lawn and the train is also effectively running you over as well as it happens and as you watch...

I had a GREAT THING GOING ON HERE EBAY - AND YOU HAVE DESTROYED THIS FOR BOTH OF US!!  THANK YOU!! REALLY, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: Sales down 50% since GTC Change...NICE!!!

Couldn't agree with you more. You hit the nail on the head! Very well stated! Let's hope the CEO reads this one. 

Message 2 of 71
latest reply

I too will loose out over this GTC change. A lot of buyers in my experience look at "ending soonest" listings over the weekend. So listing fixed price items on a seven day listing made sense. I have tried the 30 day listings in the past, only to find my sales dropped.

Message 3 of 71
latest reply

@crownsfieldcellular wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmm...Actually NO THATS NOT CORRECT...I sell ONE OFF ITEMS..Everything is ONE OFF, and I have NO repeat inventory or MULTIPLES of items...So what does this mean for me?  Well, I still HAVE TO RELIST, BECAUSE I LIST EVERY ITEM INDIVIDUALLY ANYWAY!!  MY lisitngs also are GONE AND DOWN when they sell, because there was only ONE in the FIRST PLACE..So NO I dont get any sales HISTORY..And guess what?  I DONT WANT WATCHERS!! I WANT BUYERS!!!  Watchers do NOTHING FOR ME UNTIL THEY BUY...THE SHORT TIME FRAMES GOT THEM TO BUY.   GTC?? Gets them to WATCH.

Thank you well stated I am also a one off seller. I ahve stopped selling this month to make a statement to eBay. From the discussion threads it sounds like I would not be selling even if I had listings up. 

Message 4 of 71
latest reply

How is it possible EBAY management can be so clueless? 

One of the incentivizing motivations for a buyer is the limited time period of a sale.

My above sentence needs to be written on a 2x4 and be smacking EBAY management upside the head.

Message 5 of 71
latest reply

How could they be so clueless?

Did you ever work for a large corporation? Ever just watch, I mean really observe the suits and skirted suits?

They sit in meetings all day dreaming up stupid ideas like this.

And, worse, they are now all converged with SJW types who know even less about business.

Message 6 of 71
latest reply

And, worse, they are now all converged with SJW types who know even less about business.

I had to google (yes, google is my friend) SJW.  What in the heck does Social Justice Warrior have to do with ebay's change to GTC listings?   The definitions of that acronym appear to have the exact opposite meaning of what you imply.

Or, maybe I'm missing something here ?

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 7 of 71
latest reply

@crownsfieldcellular 

HI, see your previous thread on this topic...I was under the impression you had resigned yourself to just wait and see how all of this pans out...that was on March 25. Not trying to be a D**k here, but I am now confused. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-believe-I-figured-the-real-WHY-on-the-GTC-change-and-its-not...

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 8 of 71
latest reply

@crownsfieldcellular wrote:

Well its official...Since the wonderful GTC change was released?  My sales are now down by 50%...Thank you eBay!!!  And I do not want to hear:

1) It's the time of year, NOT the GTC change

BULL **bleep**   !! Ok...I am selling high ticket EXTREMELY popular items, iphones have (or at least they HAD) an 85% sell through rate on eBay..It doesnt matter what time of year it is, they SELL CONSISTENTLY and QUICKLY...But NOT anymore!!!  I did over 20,000 in sales in JANUARY THIS YEAR..

JANUARY WHICH IS THE WORST TIME OF YEAR..FEBRUARY WAS NOT TOO FAR OFF FROM THAT, BUT I BOUGHT LESS AND HAD LESS INVENTORY TO SELL, BUT IT ALL SOLD...March??? Sales RIGHT IN THE TOILET, THE LOWEST MONTH I HAVE HAD SINCE I STARTED DOING THIS..AND APRIL AINT LOOKING ANY BETTER ALREADY..So please save the ITS THE TIME OF YEAR **bleep**..

2) You havent given it enough time yet

I dont need to give this anymore "time" to see the OBVIOUS destructive impact this is having to MY business...

When someone cuts off your arm?  Do you "keep giving it time" to make sure you're going to BLEED TO DEATH AND DIE??  Or do you immediately try to rectify the problem and run to the hospital??  Just as I would know that having my arm cut off would prove to be fatal??  I KNEW this was GTC IDIOCY was going to be fatal as well...And sales down 50%?? IS DEFINITE PROOF right now that I was right..

I am bleeding to DEATH, and eventually?  I will be dead as a business...DEAD

3) But you'll be getting more google traffic, and therefore more sales

Really??  Ok..So wheres all the google traffic??  Where are all my newly realized GOOGLE DRIVEN SALES???  Cause I dont SEE ANY..I dont see ANYTHING BUT SALES DOWN 50%!!!  Thats all I SEE...Would someone like to SHOW ME ALL THE SALES I AM GETTING FROM "GOOGLE" AND ALL THIS IMAGINARY MONEY I'm supposed to making?  Because let me tell you something = I WAS MAKING MONEY BEFORE!!!  NOW IM NOT...Do I need more proof here that this is NOT WORKING???

4) The GTC change makes things more convenient for you..Because now you never have to re-list, and your listings will gain valuable watchers and a sales history, which will help you make more sales..

5) Well this is how it is now..You'll just have to adapt to this new change and make the best of it.  It's great for some sellers.

Yeah, well when someone puts my balls in a vice, and makes decisions that effectively put me out of business???  My solution is not to ADAPT..My solution is to A) Get my balls out of that vice by any means necessary and B) Go someplace where I can actually make money again...If I was selling in a Mall where I was renting a Kiosk for $1000 a month?? (which is about what I pay to eBay or more) And that mall took AWAY my best selling tool to MAKE SALES I HAD??  Guess what??  IM OUT OF THERE..IM NOT GOING TO ADAPT..

And as far as this being "great for SOME sellers" and not effecting them?  Yeah, I'd assume those were the sellers that GTC WAS ALREADY WORKING FOR.  They ALREADY HAD AN OPTION THAT WAS WORKING FOR THEM..WHAT THE HE LL SENSE DOES IT MAKE TO TAKE AWAY MY OPTION THAT WAS WORKING WONDERS FOR ME?????????????  IF SOMETHING IS "NOT" GREAT FOR ALL SELLERS??  YOU DONT FORCE EVERYONE TO DO IT!!

6) eBay wouldnt make decision like this to hurt your sales..They make money when you make money.  They know what they are doing, dont worry..

Hmmmm yeah logically I would think that, but SADLY??  Thats not the CASE HERE..eBay has made the decision here (whether intentionally or NOT), to do something that HAS CUT MY SALES IN HALF!!!  So now, they are effectively making HALF THE MONEY TOO..So do I now follow along with MORON LUNATICS who would do something this bizarre and ridiculous to BOTH OF US?  Or do I finally see and understand that these people just have ABSOLUTELY no idea what they are doing, and do I get off this sinking SHIP finally, once and for all...

I think this is seriously it for me on here...I can't really find anymore reasons to stay...This website is now completely **bleep**, and these idiots arent going to correct this..

Even if this change costs them BILLIONS?  My prediction would be that they wont budge on this, just to save FACE they won't fix it...Staying here is like watching a train wreck..Happening right on your front lawn and the train is also effectively running you over as well as it happens and as you watch...

I had a GREAT THING GOING ON HERE EBAY - AND YOU HAVE DESTROYED THIS FOR BOTH OF US!!  THANK YOU!! REALLY, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post.

As a buyer I hate to see sellers ran off left and right. Ebay on the other hand, doesn't care. 

Message 9 of 71
latest reply

In The Same Boat. Watching 11 Years of Hard Work Go down the Toilet. 90% of sales were on 7 Day Fixed Price Durations. This is My Sole Living. I made a Living, Was Not Getting Rich but was Content, My Health Has Plummeted Watching My Business which "I" Perfected Over Years Be Destroyed in One STUPID MORONIC MOVE By Ebay. Because GTC Works for People Selling Bulk CHEAP CHINA Clothes and Knockoffs. Let The People Who Want it Use it... I Sell Antiques and Collectible and Art I Only Have 1 of Anything. This Morning I am Down 1/2 from Last Month and almost 60% Less Than Last Year. My Weeks Income is about $300 Not Only do I need to Live on that But Pay FEEBAY. 2 Years ago I was making 3 Times as Much a Month as I Did Last Month. $300 a Week is Poverty in any State in this Country. Watching Your Business That worked Great, SINK through No Fault of your Own and Knowing the ONLY PEOPLE WHO CAN HELP!!! Could Care Less. Ebay is a VENUE. Ebays Commercial "We Have Everything Under the Sun" Ebay was always Unique You Could Find ANYTHING, But Now They are Catering to The Crowd Selling $2.00 Tank Tops in a 100 Color Choices. BE EBAY AGAIN!!!! QUIT TRYING TO BE AMAZON!!!!!!!!!! I HATE AMAZON. People Who Buy One of a Kind Items LOOK for Ending Soonest. When it goes in their Watch List They Forget About it UNTIL it Comes Up about to END, And then They Know It will still Be there another 30 Days so they Have all the Time in the World... Changing the Way we Sell DOES NOT CHANGE THE WAY PEOPLE BUY!! WAKE UP EBAY!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED OUR CHOICE DURATIONS!!!
Message 10 of 71
latest reply

DITTO!!!
Message 11 of 71
latest reply

You may suggest to posters you do not want to hear it, but all 6 bullet points are true. It has not even been 30 days for you to know the reason why your sales are slow.

Message 12 of 71
latest reply

I sense you are as angry as I am. I have drastically changed things over the last month. My sales are suffering both down significantly in March and so far in April and nearing 30% below last year.

I would rather watch this site fail and sell of than  participate in lining there pockets and receive less for the money spent.

Message 13 of 71
latest reply

Honestly I don’t think eBay cares. I actually wonder if this was intentional to get rid of smaller sellers with slow moving merchandise. I’ve moved 85% of my items elsewhere. I’ve come back to the forums to see if eBay had any plans to walk back the GTC change but it doesn’t look like it. I’d accept the change if they gave me a benefit in return, like free listings. Up the 50 to 200 freebies per month and I will move merchandise back here. 

Message 14 of 71
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@crownsfieldcellular 

HI, see your previous thread on this topic...I was under the impression you had resigned yourself to just wait and see how all of this pans out...that was on March 25. Not trying to be a D**k here, but I am now confused. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-believe-I-figured-the-real-WHY-on-the-GTC-change-and-its-not...

You know what?  When I made that post I was very ambivalent about this, and I was trying to be "rational" and give this a chance...That post was also posed to put forth a theory I had, not so much as an "acceptance" of this in any way.  I was trying to see this from their side...

Now?  After seeing my own sales absolutely PLUMMET?  Not being able to RUN MY BUSINESS any longer because I have NO CASH FLOW ANY LONGER TO GO AND BUY NEW ITEMS?  And reading the posts of all the other sellers like myself that this change is DESTROYING????  And putting OUT OF BUSINESS???

I know 1000% now that this is going to sink me...I can see it happening already, slowly, surely, I'm going to be GONE...

So if you need to?  Disregard the post you were referencing, because it no longer applies to me - and I no longer care what their real reasoning was for doing this...This is a TOTALLY DESTRUCTIVE MOVE, and it is going to DESTROY THE BUSINESSES OF PROBABLY OVER 7 MILLION SELLERS ON HERE..That is the bottom line...

This is a SUICIDAL MOVE ON EBAYS PART, AND IN THE PROCESS OF THEM KILLING THEMSELVES??  THEY ARE BY DEFAULT ALSO KILLING US.  MILLIONS OF US!!

So whatever "resolution" I alluded to in the past?  Has been superseded by the fact that I am now going to GO OUT OF BUSINESS ON EBAY, Thanks to this change..

I hope this resolves whatever confusing you were experiencing with my posts..

Message 15 of 71
latest reply