cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Slow? Yeah. You may want to try this.

The last 30 days sales could have been better, but not unexpected.  So, what does a seller do? Is there anything one can do to improve or do we just throw up our hands and blame Ebay and its algorithms?  Well, I'm the sort who digs in and tries one thing or another. Yes, it's work. But, it's a business.

I do all the 'normal' things: End listings, Sell Similar, Promote, Coupon, send Offers. These things work. But, another I'm doing is getting me results, so I'm sharing. Anything to help the seller community, right?

I've been revising pictures. Not taking new pictures, revising those I have.  Yes, I could do even better if I took the time to do some new photos, but who has the time?

I'm revising my listings by using the brighten feature. It makes a remarkable difference. Maybe, you already knew that. But, from looking at many seller's pictures I see that, like me, they can greatly improve their listing by just going in and brightening the pictures. So many buyers use the cell phones and they don't get a decent photo by doing so. especially if its dark.

Try it. Yes, it's work and takes time. But, it is affecting my sales in a positive way. So, I'm devoting time and energy to do it. Will take me a while to get them all done. But, I'm going to do it. The payoff is good. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I did that six weeks ago for many of my listings - sales did not improve. 

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

What works for you may not work for everyone. Good luck. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I stopped promoting my listings and now am getting more views and sales than I have while promoting them

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night.
Set the man on fire...
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Very nice.

Thank you

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Thanks for sharing......sometimes you get so involved you overlook the 'simple' things......

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Best and easiest way to improve sales, list items that have a 100%+ sell thru rate for a great price. That's literally it! If you list $100 bills for $99 free shipping, you will have all of the sales in no time. Stop selling things with horrible sell thru rates and start selling things that people want with 70%+ sell thru rates and watch your sales go up.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I'm having a tough time figuring out if you're being serious. 🤔

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

As They Say A Picture Paints A Thousand Words!

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Yes, I think he is. LOL.  Sure is a winning formula if you can come upon it.  

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Indeed.  I find I can always learn something and still learn ways I can possibly do better with my listings. 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Good points. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Posting ID
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Yes it does work.  I discovered this a while back.  Since then each and very one of my listings is "brightened"  I agree...it does help!

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Those photos look very nice and clear! I'm glad it's paying off for you.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Bananas sell!

Message 15 of 23
latest reply