cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revising a listing

Why wont ebay let me revise anything on my listing ?  I put a wrong picture on my listing and i cant remove it, or even add to the discription to say the picture is wrong.  Dont make any sence 

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Revising a listing

Again, how does that relate to this particular situation?

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

Again, it's a car, doubtful that anything is going to be shipped anywhere.

OP, the seller, admits it's the wrong picture. 

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

@arunalus 

That's not how eBay works. You need to describe your item you're selling before listing the item.  No buyer will agree to this and neither will eBay.  You cannot describe an item after the auction has been won. You have a lot to learn about selling on eBay.  Not a good idea to post comments that are false or incorrect.  Read rules and policies to be better informed.  

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I appreciate the reminder, and I'll ensure to adhere to eBay's rules and policies in the future.

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

@soh.maryl wrote:

The current auction is a car.  The OP has sold two previous items, neither of which is a gold chain.

??????

I don't want to speak for toysaver, but my impression is they were offering an example of why eBay has rules in place about not being able to revise an auction format listing that already has bids on it. Nothing more.

No comment was made about the original poster's particular listing; it was just a comment on the policy in general and why it makes sense to have restrictions on revising an item with bids on it.

Message 20 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

Hi @hemihead9 

Below is the policy regarding listing revisions. It spells out what restrictions exist for revising. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/revising-listing?id=4356#:~:text=You%20can%20usually%20ma....

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

here what i get when i try to revise my listing 

Sorry, you cannot edit this if someone has already put a bid/offer on this item or if there are less than 12 hours left if it is an auction. Learn more

This is 100% **bleep**.   i have people thinking my add is a scam because one of my pictures is from another car i added by mistake.   Now i can remove that picture    NICE    thanks ebay !!

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

You made a terrible mistake and you're blaming Ebay? You can add to your description explaining your mistake, but you cannot change or remove pictures.Thats what scammers try to do and its not allowed.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 23 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

no i can not add to my discription !!   and i cant  edit my pictures! 

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

There is a way to add to the description. You need to do this. 

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

No, you cannot add any pictures.

How to "Add to the item description" for a listing with bidders and more than 12 hours left. You should see a second description box below the first description box where you can type in your addition. If you have active bidders it's also a good idea to message them and alert them to the changes.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 26 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

@hemihead9 wrote:

no i can not add to my discription !!   and i cant  edit my pictures! 

End the listing after you cancel all the bids.

Then relist it using the correct information.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 27 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

How ??  everything i try to do is locked 

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

i tried that ,,,,its all locked ...

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

Do you see the second description box under your description?

Message 30 of 38
latest reply