cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 day suspension for selling counterfeit cards that are legit. Ebay incompetence once again.

Been an ebay powerseller for 18 years, and a top rated seller. I sell baseball cards mostly. Ebay recently sent me a message saying that they deemed 2 of my cards counterfeit, and removed the listings and suspended my account for 3 days. Can not list, or receive sales, as they blocked all of my 1600+ items from being viewed by buyers. The thing is.. the 2 cards were not even counterfeit. I have been dealing in baseball cards for over 50 years, have owned card shops, and know more about baseball cards than these ebay idiots. When I asked them why the 2 cards were deemed as counterfeit, they told me they were not allowed to tell me why. LOL. How ridiculous is that?!!! So I guess some moron that works for ebay, can just deem anything they want as counterfeit, remove the listing, suspend the seller, and not have to supply any explanation. I was promised 2 days in a row by 2 different reps, that a supervisor would call me. Never happened. I called again today,  and was told a supervisor was ready to speak to me now. Was transferred, and spent 35 minutes on hold. I finally gave up and ended the call. Now the suspension is over, but out of my 1600 buy it now listings, 3 are visible...LOL. They owe me hundreds from back in September, because of an ebay glitch that they admitted caused it, and promised they would pay me back. 10 months later, and I haven't seen a dime. Ebay is such a joke. Run by unethical morons. Nothing but lies and empty promises. 

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

3 day suspension for selling counterfeit cards that are legit. Ebay incompetence once again.

I recently was told by a buyer that when they sent their Ebay purchase from me to PSA they were told a card was counterfeit.

They forwarded to me a message from PSA claiming the card I sold and another card sent by this buyer were counterfeit. Neither card was likely to have been counterefeited nor worth counterfeiting.

I offered to accept a return of the card and refund if the card matched the image on the listing.

Never heard from the buyer again.

Large organizations like Ebay often act on bot analysis of message exchanges. Large organizations like PSA are sometimes wrong. Some buyers are dishonest.

Selling retail is full of challenges, selling on online marketplaces has challenges which can exceed other forms of retail.

Excrement happens.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 36 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

The Powerseller program was retired a couple years ago.

I understand your frustrations, but calling them names isn't going to help anything for you.  Yes, when you are suspended, all your selling rights get frozen in time.  

I don't believe that is their process, but I honestly don't know what their process is.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

If when you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant, type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 67
latest reply

I know the powerseller status was retired. I also know how to contact customer service. I said in the post that I talked to them 3 days in a row. 

Message 3 of 67
latest reply

Sorry, I was trying to help.  I see you know everything I shared.  Hopefully someone else will add something that you like better.

Message 4 of 67
latest reply

Tis fine.  My time is better spent elsewhere.  Some actually appreciate that we volunteer our time to try and help others.

Message 6 of 67
latest reply

Yes, but how is stating that the powerseller status ended 2 years ago helpful? Or telling me how to contact customer support, when I just said in the post that I talked to reps on the phone 3 days in a row. I appreciate your "try" to help, but reading the post accurately might have been useful.

Message 7 of 67
latest reply

I believe they think you used the eBay call back function on the website. This gets you the outsourced support.

The methods that @mam98031 provided gets you to non outsourced support.

I'm not sure what support you actually talked to, but I'd assume with your amount of transactions you wouldn't call the outsourced one.

Message 8 of 67
latest reply

Hi @rbskie99 

After reading your OP—Checked out your listings, completed’s, sold’s, and feedback. Everything points to a phenomenal seller. Very impressive.

But to the matter at hand:

Right now i see 74 of your active listings. When a seller get suspended, listings are slow to return, as you noted.

A 3-day suspension is usually preceded by a couple of written warnings and a 1-day suspension. Have you had multiple removals prior to this? Or any other eBay issues? 

You are completely wasting your time if you are calling the overseas customer service. They will often just tell you what you want to hear or whatever is expedient to cut the call short. What @mam98031  was trying to say is that you will be better served by contacting the US-based CSR’s that are trained and have some authority to help, unlike the regular call center. She gave you their links.

Now, you likely won’t like this but it needs to be said: Dude, what the hey? Your post #5 to a fellow seller was unwarranted and cruel. You came looking to the community to vent and perhaps create some meaningful discourse with fellow sellers. Then cut down the first respondent. Why?

I acknowledge you are a first rate seller who has  been screwed around with and we are here to help as best we can. But who wants to reach out to someone who charges out of the gate with such hostile insults? Its late at night and not many of us night owls here. But geez! What did that accomplish?

Message 9 of 67
latest reply

I used the only option provided to me on the ebay site... For a rep to call me. Every time I have ever asked a rep to connect me with a supervisor, they promise one will call me back. It has never happened in probably around 40 tries in the past. The reps even give me request # and everything, but the supervisors never call. The supervisors are making the reps look really bad by not doing their jobs.

Message 10 of 67
latest reply

Yeah, I guess I got annoyed and overreacted. And yes, I had a warning a couple months ago and a baseball card was removed. The thing is, that was a legitimate card, and so were these two. The fact that they removed them and suspend me without telling me the reason the card was deemed counterfeit, is absurd. I see the links that mam provided were to facebook and twitter, which I do not use. Is there any way to actually talk on the phone to one of the US based reps that you mentioned? 

Message 11 of 67
latest reply

@rbskie99  wrote:
Is there any way to actually talk on the phone to one of the US based reps that you mentioned? ”

yes, this might be available but i’m sorry to say i cannot find the right number for it. However, when the morning “boardies” get here in a few hours, someone else will chime in here to direct you to the right source. 

During the pandemic, eBay shut down their call centers for customer support and never re-opened them to pre-Covid levels. Mind boggling. They didn’t need to shut down everything—they could have still manned the phones remotely. 

eBay’s business Facebook page has a portal to the well-trained, authoritative customer service reps (based in Utah, i believe). They have saved my lunch a couple of times. But i understand why using social media just isn’t a viable choice for some. I respect that. 

If you don’t mind waiting til morning, somebody will be able to point you in the right direction. Sorry i don’t know. Good luck to you, and also very sorry this travesty happened to you (and made worse by some inadequate subpar customer service). Sincerely hope this gets resolved to your benefit.

Message 12 of 67
latest reply

Thanks for the kind words. I don't have much faith in getting it resolved. Ebay is slowly but surely losing my trust. 18 years worth of poor service by their reps and other departments. Why would an 18 year ebayer with over 39,000 positives and no negatives, risk their account by selling a counterfeit card for $2? LOL. Seriously! Ebay reps make nothing but empty promises. Sad but true.

Message 13 of 67
latest reply

Fixed this for you 😊

Thanks for the kind words. I don't have much faith in getting it resolved. Ebay is slowly but surely losing my trust. 18 years worth of poor service by their reps and other departments. Why would an 18 year ebayer with over 39,000 positives and no negatives, risk their account by selling a counterfeit card for $2? LOL. Seriously! Ebay reps make nothing but empty promises. Sad but true.

And thanks to mam98031 for providing the better links to make contact.....

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 14 of 67
latest reply

Nice. An Aussie handyman. Can you go "down under" my car and fix my exhaust?

Message 15 of 67
latest reply