cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revising a listing

Why wont ebay let me revise anything on my listing ?  I put a wrong picture on my listing and i cant remove it, or even add to the discription to say the picture is wrong.  Dont make any sence 

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Revising a listing

If you have bids on an item then you may not be able to revise the listing.

Very sweet car BTW.

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

Did you send an offer ? When you send offers you won't be able to revise any part of a listing. If you have errors, your only choice would be to end the listing revise what you want to revise, then relist. 
If your listing has bids you can't revise anything either. 
Canceling bids and ending the listing is the only way you can change anything in the listing. 
You may be hit with a final value fee for doing that. But then its a eBay Motors deal either party can walk away from the sale as it is not binding.

If I am incorrect, someone will be along to correct me. 

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

If you have sent offers out on the listing, they will not allow most changes until the offer expires. 

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

It doesn't make sense that you can't change a listing after there are bids?   

What about honesty and integrity?  You see no problem with auctioning a 36" 24K gold chain and then changing it to 10" gold filled one after the bids are up to hundreds of dollars?  

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

If a buyer wins, pays for the winning item, or accepts an offer item, I recommend disclosing any listing mistakes to the buyer before shipping.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

Once there are bids on any item, eBay does not allow any revisions.  

It DOES make sense.  Those 11 bidders (so far) thought they were bidding on the vehicle shown in the picture.  

You're going to have a winning bidder on that car, so you are going to need to contact the winner, tell him not to pay and make a heartfelt apology.  Despite anything you do, you will have a very mad buyer who will no doubt trash your feedback big time.  

PS:  Car buyers on eBay don't usually pay til they come to inspect the vehicle.  

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

It's a CAR.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

It's a car.  It has 11 bids.  

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

The current auction is a car.  The OP has sold two previous items, neither of which is a gold chain.

??????

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

Once there are bids on any item, eBay does not allow any revisions. 

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

Just giving an example of bait and switch techniques.

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

Oh my goodness, why didn't I check it earlier?  It's an incredible deal.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

Right -- go ahead and be bidder #12 or so, even though the picture is wrong.    

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Revising a listing

How is this "bait and switch" when the OP (seller) admits it's wrong and wants to know how to correct it?  

Message 15 of 38
latest reply