Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeat Buyer tag...

...Has anyone else seen it yet?...

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Repeat Buyer tag...

...it is next to the username in the order details dropdown...it says that it goes back to 2years of data...

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

Not yet. Had a repeat customer come through today (both purchases in the last month) and there's nothing noted anywhere about them being a repeat customer.

Where did you read that they've started the phased roll out on this? Are you seeing it on your order details page already?

I've been wanting that repeat buyer designation for such a long time, but I have beef with it being hidden on the order details page. I want to see it on the orders page in seller hub that shows your list of sales. Is it that hard to add a little flag next to the buyer ID on that page? Click on the flag and an info box pops up to let people know what the flag is for?

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

I'm seeing it on my orders page, on the individual order, open the dropdown for the order scroll down to view order details that is where I'm seeing the repeat tag 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

None of my repeat customers from today (there are 2) are showing the designation.

I scrolled back to a week ago and found it on some other orders. Odd that some repeat buyers have the designation and some don't.

repeatbuyer.png

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

I checked 25 separate orders from repeat customers from the past few weeks - I didn't feel like going further back than that. Every single one shows the repeat buyer designation except for the 4 orders from repeat customers that were placed today.

I wonder if it's on a time delay? Takes 24 hours to register? I don't know, but if I see the repeat designation appear tomorrow on the orders from today then I'll come back to let you know.

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

That is odd, all my repeat orders are showing up (the last 100+orders that I went through), the first one that I noticed was Dec 31, then again Jan 1, went back and they are within the 100+. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

I checked back today @kus1617. Those 4 orders (2 buyers) from yesterday still do not show a repeat buyer designation. I checked and the IDs are the same so it should be showing the designation.

I have a buyer that placed 3 separate orders within a couple minutes of each other about an hour ago and that buyer never purchased from me before today. All 3 orders show the repeat buyer designation.

All I can conclude from this is that there was some kind of glitch yesterday.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

@wastingtime101 

@kus1617 

I have 3 orders that are repeat customers that do not show the tag either?  All were Dec buyers who bought in Oct or Nov.  Wonder why it's not there?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

Maybe just a BETA test...I noticed that on some of My multi-item orders that they don't show the tag...maybe tyler@ebay or one of the other blues have more info?

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

The question isn't why isn't it there, it's why is it so hard to find?  How did you even know this was a feature?  I haven't heard that this was something new for sellers.  It should be much more obvious.  I rarely get  repeat customers because I sell such a wide range of things, but it would be nice to see (as opposed to be nice to search for).

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

I agree that it shouldn't be so difficult to find...I discovered it completely by accident while processing a buyer purchase.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

Thanks for the tag @kus1617 - I had no idea that this had actually begun rollout!

Though I agree with @wastingtime101 about a more prominent placement, I'm excited that it's being done at all. 

Here's what I've been able to find on it - details are a bit sparse at the moment:

The 'Repeat' logo will show beside a repeat Buyer's name in:

• Purchase details in Seller Hub Orders (If Buyer has purchased from that seller twice or more).
  • Send Coupon from Seller Hub Orders (If Buyer has purchased twice or more).
  • Best Offer/Received offers page (If Buyer has purchased once or more).

Based on that I think that the reason WastingTime isn't seeing it on those particular orders could be that they hadn't crossed the 'twice' threshold? Just thinking out loud...

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

tyler@ebay  just to go with what others are seeing about the tag maybe not being applied consistently on all orders, it looks like there may be some inconsistencies in the data in the Performance>Sales section of Seller Hub too.

I've seen a few different people mention the data isn't matching up, but here's one just for example:

The Buyer Insights section indicates 2 repeat buyers during this time, but both the sales by category and the downloadable CSV file show 0 repeat buyers.

buyerinsights1.png

buyerinsights2.png

buyerinsights3.jpg

At first I thought it was maybe because it says that section only shows the top 20 categories, but in this example they only had 12 categories so in theory it should have been showing them all.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Repeat Buyer tag...

Thank You tyler@ebay I think as this continues to 'Roll-Out' there will be more improvements. It has been a Looooong time in coming, but is great to see it happening.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply