cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I prevent guests (google shoppers) from buying my items?

I thought there was a way to turn off my listings appearing on Google but I cannot seem to find the link.  I sell a particular electronic control item that gets returned many times(not because it's defective, but because despite my clear "READ DESCRIPTION" instructions, people keep buying the wrong model # for what they need, and in turn mark it as does not work(defective) when in fact they ordered the wrong one.  Then they try ordering the correct one.  SMH). 

The established eBay members with some amount of feedback, seem to read a little better and usually respond to messages in order to confirm they are ordering correctly.  HOWEVER, the newbie zero feedback guest google shoppers rarely respond, and have a MUCH higher rate of return.

I need to just turn them off.....any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can’t filter buyers except for blocking eBay users. 

"What do we live for, if it's not to make life less difficult for each other?" — G Eliot
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You can turn off external promoted listings, but you cannot prevent your listings from appearing (un-promoted) on Google search or Google shopping.

Info about external PL here under the FAQ "Where do Promoted Listings Standard ads appear?"

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@kringletrain 

You can opt out promoting your listings at external placements (like google)

if you want to opt out, go to the following link:

Opt out of external placements 

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 4 of 4
latest reply