cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RANT, I read here of how bad everything is and no sales BUT

But of the 8 items  am currently bidding on I have been outbid on 7 items. I just placed a $250 dollar bid and 5 minutes later I was outbid.

I have been outbid in the last 60 days 34 times, with ending prices between $10 and $600.

Basically I am saying plenty of items are selling and alot are selling at a premium price. If your items aren't is it eBays fault? Or could it be a saturated low end market? Or a great item with a terrible title line?

Some people claim cloths are saturated, I say no it isn't. The top quality clothing is selling and I would say at a good price for both the buyer and seller. Just look at Mens Under Armour, it has close to a 65% sell through rate.

I know it's easy to blame somebody else (esp eBay) but it could be time to "Man Up" and admit you need to dump the **bleep** you are selling and/or to actually make a GREAT title line so you can be found.  Take great photos, write a description that doesn't JUST say look at the photos and then have 2 paragraphs of your TOS

I know I always try to do my best keeping with my market trends and am rewarded for it. How? WIth sales of course.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: RANT, I read here of how bad everything is and no sales BUT

Maybe the difference is that the "popular stuff" people bid - are limited - they are only shown a few of the many items listed - so that those "few items" are in demand and later a few more are tossed out there.  AM I am especially perturbed when AFTER I buy something - then in the YOU WON email there are what others are looking at (the same item) and they are listings that were NOT there when I was looking for them - very sad indeed - not that I want to pay another of the same item - but this causes many of the cancellations in my opinion - when people see the item they want for less or in lots of other things that were not there when they looked moments before.  Very bad stategy.  Even worse when they show a similar item at their sponsored corps - like oh..Amazon FOR Less plus free shipping - GUESS where that buyer is going to look next time they want something??

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

There's a lot of money changing hands. I think the problem is more that someone is one of millions of sellers selling used shorts, nothing to do with the buyers.

I also spend a lot here.  And for the items I buy there is fierce competition.

But of course I buy scarce items, not ones you can find in every strip mall, often new and at cheaper prices.

As far as high end clothes, we have a store called Cohoes, who has all that designer stuff, new, and cheaper than many are asking here on ebay.

Same with all that designer sneakers.  We have Bob's, and prices are much more reasonable.

As far as the rest, not sure about anyone else, but I would rather by new, even if it is from Walmart,

I rarely shop eBay anymore because of poor packing, canceling orders etc..  This week I was looking for some specific vintage items for my house so naturally I came to eBay. I bought 2 different items from 2 sellers and one of the orders was cancelled. I remembered why I don’t shop eBay anymore. It’s too bad because I was looking for a lot more items. I have bare walls here. I guess they’ll stay bare or I’ll have to buy reproductions. So disappointing! Anyway sometimes Walmart looks pretty good. At least they don’t cancel my orders. 😀

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

You can bid on what you see.....
Ebay does not, will not and cannot display for you any and ALL of the listings that sellers list! You see what Ebay wants you to see by the algorithm and your buying profile.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply