cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is there any Seller's protection???

Trouble with buyers making bids and not paying.  Trouble with buyers buying items, having them for several weeks then filing false claims.  One recently claimed item was opened, used, etc.  they file claim for refund, I get item back sealed, unused but ebay finds in their favor after providing photos of proof.  Another buyer wins bid, doesn’t pay, I have to file unpaid item case then they pay.  Then sends me 16 emails in same day (day before yesterday) stating they clearly wanted the item sent to them before paying then demanded I give full refund and cancel order then leaves me a horrible feedback.  I have been on phone with eBay repeatedly for last 3 days to no avail, while telling me I am right they must rule in favor of the buyer?!?!?!  The list goes on and on…. Sorry had to vent. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Non-participation is key.
The discovery that the well of good sellers is not bottomless will be another.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It seems a lot of your problems would go away if you listed as fixed price, immediate payment required.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

So sorry to hear of your frustrations. The only real seller protection is tracking for Item Not Received cases when delivery is shown. So it is up to each seller to protect themselves as best they can, using such things as judicious purchase of shipping insurance, and setting Immediate Payment Required for those fixed price listings they deem it appropriate for. Ebay will protect the buyer’s interests in most cases. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply