cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings Ad Rate Change.......What???????????

I'm sorry but I can't find any information on what's going on with this new change. 

1-20% of final sale price1-20% of final sale price

During my current campaign I went from good sales and clicks to nothing, so I went to check I was still using trending rates and saw this change.

1 to 100% of final sale price1 to 100% of final sale price

You're now more likely to be seen if you pay 100% of your final sale price. Promoted listing have really become competitive so much so is eBay now thinking sellers will fight so hard to stay on top, we'd pay them the entire final sale price as well as final value fees and listings fees?

Using the current trending rates, isn't getting clicks or sales since the change. Just out of habit I almost used the slider without looking at the new %. 

I don't want to use the apply trending rates anymore because how many sellers are going to get them up over 20% to 50% just to stay on top. If the max was 20% and trending rate today is 10.2%, it's not going to take long for the trending rate to get to 50% of the max 100%.

I get it, they want to make money but come on every time a seller gets a bone it gets snatched right out of our mouths or you get bit.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Promoted Listings Ad Rate Change.......What???????????

So, let's see now. 

Suppose a seller raises the price 100% and then lists at a promotional fee of 50% - would both ebay and the seller be happy?  IF it sold. 

Or, would that be 'gaming the system'?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Your buyers would be so unhappy you would never sell it if you doubled your item cost. I don't think even promoting it would help it sell at that cost. You'd be paying twice as much in FVF's if it ever did sell.  Doesn't sound like you or your buyers would be happy (eBay would be champagne)

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

@baxterbog wrote:

Someone pointed out to me yesterday that the ad fee is on the sales price only.  So sell a $1 item with max ad rate of 100% and overcharge on the shipping.  Might see a rash of this coming soon.  

Won't take ebay long to close that loophole.

Nope - probably way before they fix the original problem that caused it.

@fern*wood wrote:

I feel sure the employee that came up with this idea got a bonus.

Probably will take it out of any % over 75% for any trout that would pay 90 or 100% to promote their listings ...............

@ijazzu wrote:

Your buyers would be so unhappy you would never sell it if you doubled your item cost. I don't think even promoting it would help it sell at that cost. You'd be paying twice as much in FVF's if it ever did sell.  Doesn't sound like you or your buyers would be happy (eBay would be champagne)

Ah, but you aren't using your imagination.  I'm sure that there would be some fairly enterprising folks who could think up something - it's never failed in the past.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 20 of 27
latest reply

I saw this today and fell off my chair! seriously ubsurd !! I also looked for any information that i might have missed regarding this ridiculous change, i found nothing from eBay.

I came on here looking for anyone that was confused about this unannounced change.

I do not know where to go fro here, this is very sad and upsetting to me, to think eBay would let people pay them 100% i am speachless.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Also why PL at all now unless you are willing to go to 50% plus ?? because you will not been seen and if you happen to sell item that is "buried" eBay still gets PL . 

Makes no sense.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Done with it. Fees are more than what i sell for

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I'm a part time seller. Most of what I sell I don't want, or don't need, anyway. Do you think this feature helps sell at all? Even if I raise the price by a buck? (I free ship everything) And would raising the trending rate really help it sell? I've tried to read and understand it, but it's confusing. (ya they probably make it that way on purpose).  Anyway if anyone can help, TIA.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

You're now more likely to be seen if you pay 100% of your final sale price   

Oh just more '' likely '' to be seen ? How much more do we need to pay  before it's guaranteed ? Tulips 

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Who is Policing eBay,  just another Scam from them eBay Grabbing Money,  it only helps China Knock offs/illegal marked & categorized **bleep** with postage prices subsidized by us & our Government's non enforcement of Law's, They all Just want to educate you how to avoid fraud!

Message 27 of 27
latest reply