Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So My Little Plan has gone to ##$%

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Silly me -  I thought I could just check the "views" when an item got near to renewal. Sorta track the activity and figure out whether or not I should end the item before it auto renewed.  Last night I tracked the details on one specific item which was about to roll over - it had 14 views.  It ended last night. It's been auto renewed again and has 15 views in say an hour.  I think not. So ebay is rolling over those counts - not -0- them out and starting over.  I had notice some of my items had unusually high view and thought it was happening.  So back to the drawing board and coding the titles so I know how long it has been there. Bummer - nothing is easy is it?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I sort my listings by ending soonest.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

yeah I do too but I was kinda relying on the view count to determine whether or not to end - this learning to work the system thing stinks

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Dazzle not quite sure of what you want, but if you customize the Active listing page to include the start date, it will show the original start date.......and how long (total) the listing has been up....

Feb 13, 2019 at 6:22am PST

(0y 2m 1d)
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@dazzlecity wrote:

yeah I do too but I was kinda relying on the view count to determine whether or not to end - this learning to work the system thing stinks

Try going by Watchers instead.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

geez - if I did that I'd have to end them all lol

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@dazzlecity wrote:

geez - if I did that I'd have to end them all lol

If that is your preference, it may be what you need to do.  I've used GTC for years.  I don't worry about the views unless they are too high without a sale.  Then I will absolutely end a listing, then do a sell similar to refresh the listing.  

If someone has viewed it by didn't purchase or put it on their watch list, it doesn't hold a lot of value.  Watchers are what matter more.  And Ebay is rolling out a feature that allows us to extend offers to watchers.  Which may be useful from time to time.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@dazzlecity wrote:

Last night I tracked the details on one specific item which was about to roll over - it had 14 views. It ended last night. It's been auto renewed again and has 15 views in say an hour. I think not. So ebay is rolling over those counts - not -0- them out and starting over.

GTC is not really an auto renewal.  The listing doesn't end and then get relisted.  It is always the same listing, just never ending.   

Thus, your view counts will stay and continue to grow for the duration of the listing.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Dazzle not quite sure of what you want, but if you customize the Active listing page to include the start date, it will show the original start date.......and how long (total) the listing has been up....

Feb 13, 2019 at 6:22am PST

(0y 2m 1d)

Thanks for that info I have been using custom label and putting in original listing date. This will be a lot simpler now. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

point - thanks - I've customised that active listing page so many times I guess I should just check everything!  When I did ending soonest I get this like greek symbol looking thing for everything. Any clue how to get it to simply say 2 hrs 6hrs ect?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Dazzle.........you might try enlarging the column......sometimes they end up too small to show everything and you get weird stuff.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply