cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings Ad Rate Change.......What???????????

I'm sorry but I can't find any information on what's going on with this new change. 

1-20% of final sale price1-20% of final sale price

During my current campaign I went from good sales and clicks to nothing, so I went to check I was still using trending rates and saw this change.

1 to 100% of final sale price1 to 100% of final sale price

You're now more likely to be seen if you pay 100% of your final sale price. Promoted listing have really become competitive so much so is eBay now thinking sellers will fight so hard to stay on top, we'd pay them the entire final sale price as well as final value fees and listings fees?

Using the current trending rates, isn't getting clicks or sales since the change. Just out of habit I almost used the slider without looking at the new %. 

I don't want to use the apply trending rates anymore because how many sellers are going to get them up over 20% to 50% just to stay on top. If the max was 20% and trending rate today is 10.2%, it's not going to take long for the trending rate to get to 50% of the max 100%.

I get it, they want to make money but come on every time a seller gets a bone it gets snatched right out of our mouths or you get bit.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your correct it isn't a glitch just saw this, it says up to 100%
How Funny, sure you can have it all !!!!!

https://pls.ebay.com/plsweb/plwelcome

ad rate.JPG

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Wonder if it is a glitch
ebay hasn't responded yet to this earlier post 
Let's see if they do !!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Slow-sales-try-a-100-ad-fee-buy/m-p/28365593#M1188853

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

I called yesterday and the rep didn't know and her supervisor didn't know. They gave me the promoted listings email address and ask me to contact them, Im waiting on a reply now.

Thank you for the link 🙂

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Bummer, it doesn't look like a glitch looking at the wording on that OP's pic. That's the first time I've actually seen it say 1-100% as well.
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Your correct it isn't a glitch just saw this, it says up to 100%
How Funny, sure you can have it all !!!!!

https://pls.ebay.com/plsweb/plwelcome

ad rate.JPG

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

I feel sure the employee that came up with this idea got a bonus.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

I've tried promoted listings and have had 0 sales so no longer bothering to do them. Everyone's business is different as are their business plans. What works for some doesn't work for others but I see few sellers - except inexperienced ones who don't understand promoted listings to go above 50%.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Someone pointed out to me yesterday that the ad fee is on the sales price only.  So sell a $1 item with max ad rate of 100% and overcharge on the shipping.  Might see a rash of this coming soon.  

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

I just ended the 2 campaigns I had going and will not be using PL again. This takes greed to a whole new level. They actually think there are sellers who will PAY and go negative to make a sale? I could understand if they increased it over the 20%, but 100%? For real? Why not 110%?

@Anonymous

alan@ebay

tyler@ebay

I wonder how many sellers are like me and won't participate in such a money grab. I resisted using PL for a long time, but I started using some late last year and have had very little success with them.

SELLERS, please post here and let ebay know if you are also DONE with promoted listings due to this change.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@baxterbog wrote:

Someone pointed out to me yesterday that the ad fee is on the sales price only.  So sell a $1 item with max ad rate of 100% and overcharge on the shipping.  Might see a rash of this coming soon.  

Won't take ebay long to close that loophole.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

All four of my campaigns are now ending.
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@ijazzu

This sort of thing is exactly why I refuse to bite on inital offerings of the newest thing.

I have noticed for some time that promoted listings are at the bottom of the page.

When we get offers for anything, at no cost, or very little cost, it's not long before the

rules change and the new cost is a big surprise. When there are changes, they are hidden in

hard to find places, fine print or simply not published at all.  Case in point is the guaranteed 

delivery dates. This is forced upon us with no way to opt out until May, they hope we will forget

to change our setting when they once again become available. Plus, E* says don't worry we will cover any claim!  Yeah, sure, until the end of the year, and then I expect they will find a way to make it a defect. We don't control shipping carriers. If the are trying to compete with Amy-zon 😉

it is useless. Many people complain that the shipping clock starts on their Amy-zon orders after shipment.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

That was my conversation with eBay yesterday, I can see them trying to make more money off PL. I think it would have been wiser to slowly increase it, to go from 20% to 100% is off the chart.  I just received the new news letter....nothing mentioned about the change.

I think with the TRS $30 credit a quarter, I can see sellers increasing ad rates on a few items to get the sale and credit. I get they want you to burn through the credit faster so you actually spend your money.

If enough sellers use the credit to increase the trending rates, the cost will be to much for smaller sellers.

I really don't think it's fair that at the start of my campaign the trending rate was getting the job done and since monday the same campaign hasn't had a single sale. So changing the % rate to 100 appears to be having an effect on current ads. Since the new quarter started 4/1 if trending rates get higher then 20% I'm out. Gota love it, a way for sellers to take out sellers and make lots of money while they do it.broken_heart

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

So, for sellers willing to pick 100% promotion for their item, they are willing to pay 110% of the selling price to ebay?  These percentages are added to the regular final value fee, correct?

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

So, for sellers willing to pick 100% promotion for their item, they are willing to pay 110% of the selling price to ebay?  These percentages are added to the regular final value fee, correct?

yup, wwcd

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 15 of 27
latest reply