cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products being sold for Coronavirus prevention

It's no longer just masks, hand sanitizer, or wipes.  Price gouging of cleaning products, alcohol derivatives, hand soaps, antibacterial sprays and etc. is taking place.  Anything these greedy folk can do to capitalize off this health issue. Our local grocery chains & pharmacies are now limiting supplies to prevent people from hoarding and buying out for resale.  Includes toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water. OTC cold medicines and related products.

Yet if you read the current medical information it'a unnecessary.  China is beginning to normalize as they used aggressive non pharmaceutical methods to contain the virus. 80% of people affected had mild to moderate symptoms'  The high risk group was 60+ with immune insufficiencies, underlying pulmonary or cardiac diseases.

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Products being sold for Coronavirus prevention

The invention of toilet paper for commercial use  began in 1857  from what I understand . Sort of makes me wonder what people used before then . Tulips 

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

It's not just here either.  My son works for Walmart and he said yesterday they received a huge shipment of paper products-Kleenex, paper towels and toilet tissue.  It all sold out in one day.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 17 of 40
latest reply

Also, the travel ban limiting travel from Europe is near meaningless now. The virus is here and is already widespread. If this administration had actually done their job instead of trying to make things appear better than they are, we would have widespread testing now, and we would know where and how the virus has and is spreading.Andrew 

There would have been no travel bans at all  if either Biden or Bernie Sanders had been president at the time of this outbreak . Biden called it a hysterical and xenophobic action  and Sanders flat out said he wouldn't have done it.  You can fact check that  if you like . Tulips 

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

@andrew547 1 in 1,000,000 is .0001%

Your calculator is very broken.. my numbers were correct. .0001 is 1 in 10,000 not 1 in 1,000,000. 

It's not a matter of calculation. It's knowing the difference between a number and a percentage. You should check what you said. I was correct, you were not. That's not going to change.

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

I agree with you . I believe our current administration has done a fine job  in trying to curb the spread of the virus . Nobody including our president could have ever foreseen  a virus as contagious as this one  coming . The fact that the POTUS ordered a travel ban on China against enormous criticism and name calling  from the other side of the aisle for doing so  only meant America's health and safety  was first priority .  Tulips 

Message 20 of 40
latest reply

The difference the media is playing is significant, the majority of the media has a vested interest to make this out to be as bad as they possibly can

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

Speaking of spreading false information . I believe it was you who in fact made the claim in a previous thread that our  administration  told Americans  to go to work even if they were sick  when absolutely nobody ever said that .  Tulips 

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

I agree with you . I believe our current administration has done a fine job  in trying to curb the spread of the virus . Nobody including our president could have ever foreseen  a virus as contagious as this one  coming . The fact that the POTUS ordered a travel ban on China against enormous criticism and name calling  from the other side of the aisle for doing so  only meant America's health and safety  was first priority .  Tulips 

Correction: Trump couldn't foresee this. Obama set up a pandemic response team, because he and others in his administration foresaw it. Trump disbanded it because HE couldn't foresee it. Health professionals foresaw it after they dealt with Ebola, while Trump was busy with conspiratorial tirades. The claim that "nobody could have foreseen this" is not born out by reality. Serious, responsible people foresaw this and acted on it. Trump is neither serious nor responsible. He blamed China for the virus the other night. He blamed everyone but himself, and HE is the president! I wouldn't be so quick to defend him. This is going to get very bad and the responsibility is squarely on his shoulders.

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

Of course ,, just another excuse  and we've seen so many  in the last three years  .. None of them ever stuck  ,, but they keep trying .   lol  Tulips 

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

Speaking of spreading false information . I believe it was you who in fact made the claim in a previous thread that our  administration  told Americans  to go to work even if they were sick  when absolutely nobody ever said that .  Tulips 

Trump absolutely did say that. Not the administration, but Trump himself. On tape. I saw it. You can too.

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

Correction: Trump couldn't foresee this. Obama set up a pandemic response team, because he and others in his administration foresaw it. Trump disbanded it because HE couldn't foresee it. Health professionals foresaw it after they dealt with Ebola, while Trump was busy with conspiratorial tirades. The claim that "nobody could have foreseen this" is not born out by reality.andrew 

Baloney ,, Obama let 12,000 people die during the H1NI virus and never did a travel ban .  If the radical left wing would just leave the president alone and stop thinking up excuses to get him out of office  things would be even better .It's amazing he's been able to do all the great things he's done against so much strife .   Ever hear of the '' walk away '' movement ? Its growing by leaps and bounds [ look it up ] . I do wholeheartedly believe  there will be a victory and not just any victory but a landslide victory for our president next Nov.. Even the left wing pundits fear this and have openly admitted it . Tulips 

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

You are woefully misinformed ..  Tulips 

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

Baloney ,, Obama let 12,000 people die during the H1NI virus and never did a travel ban .  If the radical left wing would just leave the president alone and stop thinking up excuses to get him out of office  things would be even better .It's amazing he's been able to do all the great things he's done against so much strife .   Ever hear of the '' walk away '' movement ? Its growing by leaps and bounds [ look it up ] . I do wholeheartedly believe  there will be a victory and not just any victory but a landslide victory for our president next Nov.. Even the left wing pundits fear this and have openly admitted it . Tulips 

Obama set up a pandemic response team. Trump disbanded it. These are undisputed facts. That was what I stated in response to your claim that this pandemic was "unforeseeable".

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

He blamed China for the virus the other night  andrew 

I watched the speech . He said the virus was foreign born ,, big deal . That's not blame , its accuracy .  Tulips 

Message 29 of 40
latest reply

Trump absolutely did say that. Not the administration, but Trump himself. On tape. I saw it. You can too. andrew 

No he did not . He said '' DO NOT GO TO WORK SICK '' unquote .. You must have watched the speech after it had been edited by someone from CNN . Tulips 

Message 30 of 40
latest reply