cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Identifiers for the Seller Refurbished Condition

As of October 19th, 2017, we have expanded the existing Structured Data mandate to require product identifiers on newly created listings using the 'Seller Refurbished' condition.  As per usual, if the item you are selling is custom made, or if a Global Trade Item Number (UPC, EAN, ISBN) was not issued by the manufacturer, Does Not Apply is an acceptable alternative to use in the drop-down field.

To learn more about product identification requirements, please visit ebay.com/requiredidentifiers.

If you have questions about this policy change, please ask them below.  Additionally, feel free to share any product identification best practices you have come across as you have listed Seller Refurbished items on the site.

Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Product Identifiers for the Seller Refurbished Condition

OK........I've got it.......  I'm on list view.....you're on Gallery view........and you are correct it doesn't show on gallery view.......

Message 31 of 87
latest reply

It only gets weirder because I was on list view and not showing, I click to gallery view and doesn't show there for me either.  

Message 32 of 87
latest reply

Well, since

@long_live_the_seller

has not acknowledged the problem, perhaps we should call his/her, the staff's attention to them.

Message 33 of 87
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Well, since

@long_live_the_seller

has not acknowledged the problem, perhaps we should call his/her, the staff's attention to them.

Good idea.  I just noticed that when I switch to Firefox or Edge browser I am seeing the refurbished condoms, diapers, clothing, etc but not seeing it in Chrome.  

Not sure why the different browsers would matter but they do.

Message 34 of 87
latest reply

I'm in Chrome right now and toothpaste is still being refurbished.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 35 of 87
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
Makes you wonder. Is there anyone in charge of anything at eBay who actually understands English?

I think someone should point it out at the next "chat".  Hopefully one Brian does. Does he like his TP new or refurbished?

I  don't think its a lack of English, I think it's a lack of foresight and planning. Just like how the product catalog is fundamentally flawed due to the same lack, this new redirect to product pages is also flawed. I think It looks tacky and amateurish.

Just like the lack of understanding what the word "refurbished" means. If I swap a new motherboard into my CPU to make it work so I can sell it, it's not refurbished, it's repaired. If Dell or a qualified shop fixes it with Original Dell parts, cleans it, tests all functions, wipes the drive and reinstalls original software and adds a warranty THAT is refurbished. Start changing parts out with better ones it's then upgraded.

The vast majority of the items I have seen with that link? There is no way to refurb them.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 36 of 87
latest reply

The bigger question  is how the word got there. There's no way any seller of those products chose refurbished as an item/condtion/specific...so somehow it was applied by ebay for some reason.....and I can't see why.......tho have to admit haven't taken the time to try figure it out. 

Message 37 of 87
latest reply

It's the same thing as when they took it upon themselves to describe NWOT as "like new"

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 38 of 87
latest reply

They just slapped the option onto entire categories without a second thought. 

Message 39 of 87
latest reply

I'm not entirely sure they even had a first thought.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 40 of 87
latest reply

You're good! 😄 

Message 41 of 87
latest reply

It's like this place is run by chimps.  Not the super smart NASA type but the kind that sits in their cage and fling poo at each other all day long.  Is it wrong of me to expect just a little more?

Message 42 of 87
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
Makes you wonder. Is there anyone in charge of anything at eBay who actually understands English?

Evidently NOT.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 43 of 87
latest reply

It seems everyone has scared the Blues away?? Hmmmm. That's not gonna help is it.....or maybe it will? 

Message 44 of 87
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

It seems everyone has scared the Blues away?? Hmmmm. That's not gonna help is it.....or maybe it will? 

They don't work weekends.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 45 of 87
latest reply