cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now, in addition to non-48 hour offers, eBay is trying to trick you into accepting offers

In addition to:
empowering buyers by letting them retract offers whenever they want
allowing buyers to make variable time offers
(https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Why-oh-why-did-ebay-bring-back-variable-time-limit-offers-I/m-...)

eBay is now literally trying to trick you into accepting offers when you think you're declining or countering offers.

When you're doing a repetitive task, like answering a LOT of offers in a row, User Interface, muscle memory, and other habits are very important.

eBay is deceptively moving the buttons around as you're loading pages.

Can you think of any other User Interface that works like this?

Can you imagine if each time you took a phone call, the "answer" and "decline" buttons were randomly assigned to the left or right side? How many calls would you answer that you didn't mean to, and how many would you decline that you needed to answer?

Can you think of another User Interface that works well that is designed like this?

ebay_offer_01.jpg

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Now, in addition to non-48 hour offers, eBay is trying to trick you into accepting offers

@netherworldgames wrote:

how are we doing on various issues posted here?

brian@ebay  ?

Is the plan here to ignore this until either all the sllers go away or until the problem goes away?

Message 46 of 54
latest reply

Re: Now, in addition to non-48 hour offers, eBay is trying to trick you into accepting offers

that is always the plan,the powers that be have spoken,the correct people have been notified,its being taken care of.please remember you can only mention a problem 1 time,those are the rules,nobody is working on it,that is a given.they are going to take it into consideration if they happen to read it and have no pressing issues at the moment,lots of lip service,thats just the way ebay is

vintaevixen ftl™

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 47 of 54
latest reply

oh 1 more thing,do not bother asking about a tech ticket number,you may get 1 originally but when you call back in 20 days to see if your problem is fixed they tell you that the tech numbers are only for ebay,can not be checked and so forth and so on,we do not divulge the secrets of the tech number bla bla bla,yes sirree its double top secret when they do not feel like letting you know whats going on,its really pathetic

vintaevixen ftl™

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 48 of 54
latest reply

it is incredibly reassuring to know i'm not the only crazy person on these boards.

Message 49 of 54
latest reply

This feels like just another in the long list of examples of eBay desperately trying to get as many fees as possible.

The other thing i take issue with is when a newer seller who does not know any better calls into eBay to ask if it's safe to change the address for a buyer who has asked them to. eBay likes to tell them how protected they are since the buyer asked, yet they omit the fact that you lose all protection on PayPal the instant you switch the address.

eBay gets their fees at that expense of sellers, and this is just another example.

Message 50 of 54
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

Hi @netherworldgames, I'm happy to offer more clarity, and I apologize if my post wasn't clear. Our developers are hard at work on various projects and updates. The steps you took in posting your feedback here are sufficient, as one function of the Community Team is to gather feedback and send it to the relevant teams here at eBay. I have sent your feedback to the appropriate team, meaning they are aware of your feedback and will take it into consideration going forward.

Your post was not clear. You made it sound like developers are hard at work on this or something else.
There are many issues with eBay's site, and I haven't seen any of them fixed, so I guess I'm just unclear on what is being worked on? 

When will this specific issue be fixed? If this one is not being worked on, as you implied in your post, what is being worked on? When will that be fixed?

Message 51 of 54
latest reply

brian@ebay.com 

@netherworldgames wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

Hi @netherworldgames, I'm happy to offer more clarity, and I apologize if my post wasn't clear. Our developers are hard at work on various projects and updates. The steps you took in posting your feedback here are sufficient, as one function of the Community Team is to gather feedback and send it to the relevant teams here at eBay. I have sent your feedback to the appropriate team, meaning they are aware of your feedback and will take it into consideration going forward.

Your post was not clear. You made it sound like developers are hard at work on this or something else.
There are many issues with eBay's site, and I haven't seen any of them fixed, so I guess I'm just unclear on what is being worked on? 

When will this specific issue be fixed? If this one is not being worked on, as you implied in your post, what is being worked on? When will that be fixed?

brian@ebay ?

Message 52 of 54
latest reply

@netherworldgames wrote:

brian@ebay.com 

@netherworldgames wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

brian@ebay ?

Hi @netherworldgames, while I have shared the feedback in this thread with the appropriate team, I do not have an update or additional information to share regarding it. 

My comment about our developers was a general statement to let you and others know that even if a particular issue hasn't yet been resolved it should not be interpreted as no action being taken. Our developers are working on site improvements, new tools, and fixing site issues and this work load needs to be prioritized. The Community Team typically does not know what their priorities are with their various tasks, so we are not always able to provide additional detail after we've sent feedback to them.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 53 of 54
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

My comment about our developers was a general statement to let you and others know that even if a particular issue hasn't yet been resolved it should not be interpreted as no action being taken. Our developers are working on site improvements, new tools, and fixing site issues and this work load needs to be prioritized. The Community Team typically does not know what their priorities are with their various tasks, so we are not always able to provide additional detail after we've sent feedback to them.

brian@ebay "hasn't yet been resolved it should not be interpreted as no action being taken."

I would like to focus in on this phrase, because it seems emblematic of the overall frustration we and other sellers have with the site. 

For many of the errors, especially those that adversely affect sellers, they simply never get fixed. 
Of course your coders should have priorities. That is totally reasonable. However the issue we have is that there are site errors that have existed at your company for longer than most current employees, and they simply won't ever get worked on or dealt with. 

I suppose it is ok for you to ignore issues. It is your site, and you may choose to upkeep it or not. However it would be nice to know if it is worth putting effort into tracking, logging, and documenting site issues based on whether or not it is an issue you've already given up on.

Message 54 of 54
latest reply