cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more padded flat rate envelopes?

I've had an order for these for over 3 weeks now. I placed a second and 3rd order hoping to get something soon. I have only one left lol.

What is going on? I'm assuming they have a production shortage. What are others doing? 

I was able to cram a couple of orders into a cardboard flat rate envelope.

But usually that doesn't work. May have to ship more Fed Ex since their price has gone down.

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: No more padded flat rate envelopes?

Did none of the feedback left for those sellers indicate this would be an issue?

Message 46 of 60
latest reply

Yeah, Go ship FedEx.  You will be back to the USPS faster than a bullet. It has always been a fact that FREE padded envelops from the USPS have been in short supply. Go buy a couple of cases as they are cheap in bulk.  They may add 12c - a quarter to a shipment. Build it into your price or charge for shipping. Most likely there is a larger shortage now as sellers are using these for package filling which is against USPS policy. Let me know how that FedEx thing works out for you. 🙂

Message 47 of 60
latest reply

BINGO!

Message 48 of 60
latest reply

You mean Trump isn't responsible for my rash either?!? What the heck!

Message 49 of 60
latest reply

Sellers that misuse USPS supplies should be careful as you never know the person you are mailing to may just be a Postal employee that ends up reporting you to the Inspection Service. I know several sellers that have gotten a knock on their doors and got fined pretty hefty.

Message 50 of 60
latest reply

OK, I am still waiting for these envelopes. Tracking said they were shipped last week, and that would be here today.  They sat in Jacksonville for several days, and now are not expected until Thursday.

Really annoyed!

Message 51 of 60
latest reply

I ordered 2 packs of 15 and got them a few days later. Meanwhile, I'm STILL waiting for some O-4 boxes I ordered weeks ago. Maybe it varies depending on how close you are to which distribution point?

Message 52 of 60
latest reply

@ajsmother wrote:

OK, I am still waiting for these envelopes. Tracking said they were shipped last week, and that would be here today.  They sat in Jacksonville for several days, and now are not expected until Thursday.

Yes, they ship their Priority mailers via Parcel. Yes, really. 😁

Message 53 of 60
latest reply

I see sellers with lots of these for sale on Ebay. I didn't think that it was allowed but they must be getting them somehow...

Message 54 of 60
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@ajsmother wrote:

Yes, they ship their Priority mailers via Parcel. Yes, really. 😁

It probably has to do with the size of the boxes - I order 100 at a time and it's definitely a very oversized box.  They take up cargo space along just like everything else.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 55 of 60
latest reply

i usually then use my own and it shows on printed labels.

can add a priority sticker to it.

i not sure of correct way, but it seems to be going through fine that way

Message 56 of 60
latest reply

they can not be selling usps ones!   a big nono.  thats can get them in real serious trouble with laws if its the ones post office gives out

Message 57 of 60
latest reply

might be awhile.  i have order several times, but they ran 2 months late and still many not in.

i been ordering in hope of on back up, but buying ore of what i need until then,

Message 58 of 60
latest reply

I hope the buyer keeps the packing material, takes it to the post office and reports this person.  It's called mail fraud.  Mail Fraud. A crime in which the perpetrator develops a scheme using the mails to defraud another of money or property. (The Post Office in this case).    This crime specifically requires the intent to defraud, and is a federal offense governed by section 1341 of title 18 of the U.S. Code.  Mail fraud is a federal crime. Under Title 18 of the United States Code Section 1341, anyone who schemes to defraud another in almost any manner through the use of the Postal Service, is guilty of committing mail fraud, and can face a sentence of up to 20 years in prison.   

Message 59 of 60
latest reply

It's not just the padded envelopes it is most USPS shipping supplies. I am still able to get flat rate envelopes at the local post office and simply use bubble wrap to fashion my own padded flat rate envelopes. The flat rate is also a little bit cheaper that the USPS supplied flat rate envelope. I have had some regional box A and B's on order for over two weeks. Bit of a production shortage at the moment due to raw materials. It takes wood pulp or recycled paper to make the boxes and lumber is in rather high demand at the moment at least what has not burned in the west coast fires. 

Message 60 of 60
latest reply