cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Powerseller Program

Everyone get the email from Ebay saying they are doing away with the Powerseller Program?

I am so excited - I can download a certificate showing I was a Powerseller !

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: No More Powerseller Program

@keziak wrote:

I am so excited - I can download a certificate showing I was a Powerseller !

I looked out of curiosity. You're supposed to select the year you became a PowerSeller to generate the certificate. As if I can remember that.

I did think it was pretty funny that my new account is also considered to have PowerSeller status.

This is the part of the announcement that matters-

"So that you don’t lose the benefits of being a PowerSeller, starting June 20, your 7 calendar day grace period for negative and neutral feedback will now be included in the Top Rated Seller program."

I wonder if this means the end of the PowerSeller board on this forum. sheila@ebay did say she was eliminating some board and restructuring. You can read about it on the Community Platform Feedback board.

Message 2 of 62
latest reply

Someone please refresh my mind.  What EXACTLY were the benefits to being a Power Seller?

Just another day in the life of eBay, another change that is not necessary, another reason for sellers to shake their heads.

Message 3 of 62
latest reply

I admit, I always thought that 7 day feedback thing applied across the board, didn't know it was basically the sole remaining perk of being a Power Seller (and now will be a TRS perk). They could have retired this years ago. This just seems like basic house cleaning.

And I suspect you are right, I think the Power Seller boards will likely be closed (maybe archived). Last time I was on the PS Board, it didn't seem much different from this Board. There was a time when the Board was quite different, but it's been years since it was really very distinctive. (But I haven't been active there lately, so maybe I'm wrong about that).

Message 4 of 62
latest reply

I'm also curious about the benefits of being Power Seller.

Message 5 of 62
latest reply

A certificate that can't be printed.  Phenomenal perk.

Message 6 of 62
latest reply

Yippee, I can put the certificate with my 25th Anniversary stickers.  Now I just need to remember what year it was.  Not worth the brain power to figure it out, I guess I will just use whatever year is most pleasing to me.

I do like that they are keeping the grace period for negative and neutral feedback.

Just another reminder that this is just not the eBay it used to be.

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 62
latest reply

Do we still get the stars beside our feedback score or no?

The certificate, by the way, basically lets you lie and mine is stuck at "We’re now creating your personalized certificate."

Message 8 of 62
latest reply

Yeah, I clicked the link to "generate and download" my certificate and NOTHING.  What am I doing wrong I wonder?

Message 9 of 62
latest reply

"I am so excited - I can download a certificate showing I was a Powerseller !"

ROTFLMAO!

Message 10 of 62
latest reply

And I suspect you are right, I think the Power Seller boards will likely be closed (maybe archived). Last time I was on the PS Board, it didn't seem much different from this Board. There was a time when the Board was quite different, but it's been years since it was really very distinctive. (But I haven't been active there lately, so maybe I'm wrong about that).

Had not been there in a long time - just went to the PS board and the posts are the same as here - is this PS change for real?  LOL

Did not recognize 1 single person posting.  Interesting.  You are correct - there was a time that board was very different then with Frenchy Bee and Raspberry Basket......that seems like a billion years ago.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 62
latest reply

I just got the message too.  What exactly were the perks?  No, seriously...

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 62
latest reply

I'm sure the regulars on the PS Boards won't be happy if they are closed down, but I've long figured those Boards were living on borrowed time. And some others will likely be coming to an end in the not too distant future as well. 

Message 13 of 62
latest reply

At least for the bronze level, Powerseller status was diluted to the point where just about anybody could get it.  I've long since forgotten all about it.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 62
latest reply

Probably not......lol (seemed pretty tame compared to what happens here...lol)

Thought I might recognize someone.  But no.  

My certificate does not print.  lol   So I did a screen shot of my stupid PS logo since it is going away.  Have no clue what this really gets us, but somewhere I do have a PS mug.  LMAO  (mine used to still have the ME thingee next to the store, notice today, that is gone.  Stupid that only you can see the logo.  What good is that?

PS Logo.jpg

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 15 of 62
latest reply