cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Format

Hate this new listing format.  Not sure why Ebay loves to make changes that are more time consuming for the people who are making you rich.  This new format sucks and is a total waste of my time.  It took me 20 minutes to do one listing.  This is why sellers are leaving Ebay.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: New Listing Format

LOL- i would say 90% is a conservative estimate LOL

Ebay wants to make the tool the same so people that use mobile phones to list, can figure out how to use a computer too---- problem is that people who use phones to list dont use computers also- people usually choose one or the other so it would historically make sense to provide the best experience for each user/device.   BTW- it its only (2)- mobile or desktop for crying out loud- not the end of the world to give customers what they want and pay for.     

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

I've use only "Sell Similar" for new listings for over a decade, but with the new revamp it's difficult-to-impossible to access eBay's stock catalog. From super-easy to extremely-difficult/impossible.  This revamp is FIASCO.

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

"If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it." Unfortunately the completely BROKE & RUINED eBay for a large majority of sellers.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

THIS IS THE WORST EVER.  THE FORM ISN'T EVEN READY FOR USE.  THERE ARE SOOO MANY ISSUES WITH THIS NEW FORM.  I REPEAT MYSELF OVER AND OVER BETWEEN SENDING FEEDBACK ON THE FORM AND CONTACTING EBAY.  IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH AND STILL HAVE NOT FIXED A LAUNDRY LIST OF ERRORS THAT I RUN INTO.

IF I CLICK SELL SIMILAR I GET AS FAR AS THE CATEGORY BUT THE ITEM SPECIFICS DON'T CHANGE.  WITH THAT TO COMPLETE A LISTING I MUST SAVE AS A DRAFT THEN WASTE TIME AND GO BACK INTO COMPLETING THE LISTING.

FOR A WHILE THEY REMOVED SELL AS A LOT.  NOW THAT I SEE THEY RECENTLY ADDED THAT WHEN YOU GO TO BULK EDITING THERE IS NO COLUMN FOR SELL AS LOT AND HOW MANY ITEMS ARE IN THE LOT SO YOU HAVE TO DO IT MANUALLY FOR HUNDREDS OF LISTINGS SLOWLY ONE AT A TIME.

WHEN I CLICK SIZE TYPE AND TAB TO THE NEXT FIELD THE SIZE SPECIFIC DOES NOT SHOW RIGHT AWAY SO YOU HAVE TO GO BACKWARDS TO FILL IN THE ACTUAL SIZE

ANOTHER DAILY ISSUE, WHEN I SELECT THE TEXT IN DESCRIPTION TO HAVE IT ALL HIGHLIGHTED I THEN HAVE TO CLICK TWO TIMES FOR THE TEXT TOOL BAR TO COME UP WHICH UNSELECTS THE DESCRIPTION I HAD SELECTED/HIGHLIGHTED.....THIS IS RIDICULOUS.  THEN THE COLOR OMG, ARE WE NOT HERE TO ADVERTISE.  THE COLOR SELECTION OFFERED ARE SOOOO DULL THAT IT DOES NOT STAND OUT WITH BLACK TEXT.  THE ONLY BRIGHT COLOR AVAILABLE TO ADVERTISE FLASHY WITH IS ROYAL BLUE.

AND WHY IS THE PHOTO ROTATION COUNTER CLOCKWISE/BACKWARDS? 

THIS FORM IS A HOT MESS.  THIS FORM IS SLOWING SELLERS DOWN FROM LISTING WHEN WE ARE ALL HERE TO MAKE MONEY, ALONG WITH EBAY.  IT IS UNFAIR THAT WE HAVE TO USE THIS FORM THAT HAS SO MANY ERRORS.  SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ISSUED OR MANDATED THAT SELLERS USE THIS FORM WHEN THIS NEW FORM NEEDS A LAUNDRY LIST OF CORRECTIONS.   HOW MANY TIMES MUST I KEEP REPORTING THE ISSUES AND STILL NOT FIXED.  WHAT IS GOING ON?  ALSO OLD FORM ASKED ARE YOU SELLING AS A BUNDLE?  WHERE DID THE BUNDLE DESCRIPTION IN ITEM SPECIFICS GO???  IT'S LOST.

WHY WHEN I GO TO BULK EDITTING I CAN'T EDIT ALL MY ITEMS IN BULK TO GO THROUGH 1-50, WHY MUST I CLICK ON EACH AD INDIVIDUALLY.  THIS JUST GOT WORSE ON TOP OF WORSE FOR SELLERS.  WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO US?  FORGET WHO CAUSED THIS HOT MESS FOR EBAY, WHEN IS EBAY GOING TO FIX ALL THESE PROBLEMS.  IT'S BEEN A JOB REPORTING ALL THE ERRORS OVER AND OVER, IT'S BEEN LIKE TALKING TO A WALL.  I COULD BE LISTING SO MUCH MORE BUT THIS NEW FORM IS A DISASTER AND JUST SLOWS ME DOWN.  ALMOST SEEMS SIMILAR TO SOMEONE PUTTING ON THEIR RESUME THEY ARE A CHEF TO OBTAIN THE JOB BUT WHEN IT COMES TIME TO SERVE THE GUEST THEIR RESUME WAS A LIE.  SO DISGUSTED WITH THIS NEW FORM.  THE OLD FORM WAS EASY TO BREEZE THROUGH, SO MUCH CLEARER AND QUICKER NO PROBLEMS NO ERRORS.  JUST GIVE US BACK THE OLD FORM.  EBAY IS NOT READY FOR THIS NEW FORM IT NEEDS A LAUNDRY LIST OF TWEEKING.

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

how can you go back to the old tool?  I am trying to list with sell similar because the straight form is so terrible.  when I try to upload a pic, it opens my photos in a tiny window with a pic so small I can't even tell what is in the pic....

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

This "new" listing format isn't so new.

Hasn't it been out for months?

What's all the hubbub about?

Like anything new it takes getting used to. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 36 of 38
latest reply

Cheryl,

I agree with you 1000%. I had the old format dialed in. 

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 38 of 38
latest reply