cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Format

Hate this new listing format.  Not sure why Ebay loves to make changes that are more time consuming for the people who are making you rich.  This new format sucks and is a total waste of my time.  It took me 20 minutes to do one listing.  This is why sellers are leaving Ebay.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

New Listing Format

I agree. It is horrible. Nothing was wrong with the previous format.

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

@3031cheryl 

>Hate this new listing format. 

You can try this,

https://www.ebay.com/mys/overview

The links to various selling pages are on the left side under "Selling". I open each page (Sold, Active, Scheduled, etc.) in a new tab and just navigate between tabs. Works for me. Try it. You might like it.

BTW, I haven't used an eBay listing page in years. I just bring up a closed or current listing and use "Sell similar", editing the item to match the parameters of the new listing. No fiddling with constantly-changing eBay listing pages. The listing also gets a new item number and the "New listing" tag when posted. HTH.

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

I have been able to go back to "classic" style until today, now that option is gone. When I am working on shipping cost, the old format you could click "calculate shipping" to see the prices. I am not seeing that option in this new format. I agree, Ebay needs to STOP jacking around with changes and focus on important things like bad buyers.

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

I'm just confused.  did this latest update include the ability to upload pics from my phone to the form on my laptop??  IF so then all the other crap is okay with me.  i love the easy photo upload.  wish it was easier to edit photos but i can turn them and upload easily.  

i too dislike the time-consuming issue of a new listing.  i like the idea of sell similar but then i get weird things in the listing that i had missed in the other.

so eBay is really the most time-consuming program and i am almost ready to try list perfectly but i don't think that is going to make things any easier.  The only way to streamline is to use templates, but i sell one of a kind vintage jewelry, clothes, magazines and decorative collectibles.  I rarely sell even in the same category for anything.

i really enjoy reading and writing on these threads so thanks to ebay for this.  i get some of my anger and frustration out.

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

List Perfectly is just a multi-channel listing app.

You can make generic templates for just about anything - I sell all OOAK and do that, and just fill in the rest of the information.  Unless you're using your own listings, doing sell similar IMHO with anybody else's listings is a mistake - there's no telling what other attributes will be carried along from their listing.  It's just that the new listing "experience" has borked up the template fetching.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

I agree it is terrible,  can't rotate photos,  hard to tell which photo is featured photo in listing, gard to find shipping options, takes too long, etc.  & never received notice of change, was just different today when I went to list some items,

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

This new listing format is absolutely ridiculous! I cannot list anything! It will only let me upload pictures and put in a title but that is the only thing it lets me do. When I click on anything else all I get is a blank page. Anything I try to list begins listing it automatically as a fixed price which I don't normally do, and I can't change it to an auction listing. I have talked to 2 representatives so far and still I have not been able to list anything.

I don't know why eBay keeps making these stupid changes. It's not helping anyone, it never helps anyone that I am aware, and it normally just confuses everyone and makes everyone upset. And they keep telling me to click on the "three little dots on the side,".. well I only have two options there... feedback, which I have left many many bad feedbacks, and the new listening format. It's already stuck on the new listing format, so why is that an option to change to it? I want to change back to the old one, and I was told I couldn't do that.

So, I cannot make any money and eBay cannot make any money off of me.  This is my only source of income so I am screwed. This is so infuriating!

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

Here's just a start of my list of complaints about the new and "improved" listing form:

1) There is no longer a link to calculate shipping estimates.
2) Sometimes I have to click the Preview button 2 or 3 times before the preview will open.
3) I like putting a duplicate small version of my main photo in the listing description. It use to be as easy as right clicking on the photo to copy the URL then pasting it into an <a href> tag in the HTML of the description. With the new javascript (or whatever it is) photo uploader, I'm no longer able to do this. 
4) The new form most definitely requires more clicks.
5) And, why not just let those who prefer to use the old form continue to do so?

I generally adapt and just roll with it when ebay changes something, but this change to the listing form is ridiculous, time-consuming, and makes zero sense to me as to how it is an improvement.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

The problem with templates is that they also will transfer over to the new listing format

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

I asked a similar question on the eBay Canada Boards today and was told that templates will not be affected.

So if you can set up templates to fit most of the categories you sell in, you should be able to carry them over.

If you cannot get back to the workable format try using Sell Similar and setting up a template from that as suggested by @bimm-corp

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

Am I missing whole sections of listings?  I can do this new form faster than the old one. 

I admit, all my listings are written up already so I just copy and paste, but I can make a listing in fifteen seconds now where it used to take me longer.  

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 12 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

Agreed.

A massive amount of wasted white space. With no dark mode available, this is hard on the eyes.

"Edit all options" wastes time having to have to click and open for each section, when it was previously visible without having to click anything to gain access to it.

Almost every single aspect of this update has problems and has made it more difficult, not easier, to list items for sale.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

For the 'edit all options' you  just have to roll down the screen and click into the actual item specific, no need to open and close. They still have auto-complete.

Also, yes, the templates now work, though they need to make it easier to fetch them (again, unless I've missed something).  They display the most recently used, which has some purpose, but to actually access all of them you can't go down a drop-down as used to be the case, you end up having to open the actual template management page - that's a pain.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 38
latest reply

New Listing Format

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

The problem with templates is that they also will transfer over to the new listing format

That is the desired result.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 38
latest reply